Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    dkredsox wrote: »
    Hi, if you view the very top of the forum you might find what you're looking for.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6490/recent-change-to-galactic-war-open-conversation/p1

Thanks, but I don't think that answers my first question. Unless that is this?:

"When approaching a battle, how can you use your collection as a whole to overcome the challenge? Here is something we haven’t seen anyone mention (apologies if we’ve missed it…): there is still very much a use for the lower power “pawns” in your collection. If you want to absorb the special attacks from a given opponent party, you can send in one or more lower power characters. They’ll likely take one for the team (e.g., die), but then you can bring in your stronger characters to mop up."

I wouldn't think that's it though because you have to have a full lineup of 5 characters no matter what for every GW battle. So you couldn't "send in one or more lower power characters" as the John says. You'd have to send in 5 lower power characters.

You can send in just one character, or as many as u want. You will get a pop up saying you are trying to enter battle without a full squad, press ok and press battle again and it will let you.

Lower powered toons or single toons may cause the AI to not use abilities though, putting you back where you started with one less toon. I try to send in a full squad with low power toons mixed with a higher power that I don't mind losing.

That is a great idea. I did not think of just using 1 lesser character as fodder.
  • To me Newly tuned GW with the objective of reducing the abuse of retreat features. For me, before and after tuned also generate great playability and challenge game playing experience ( mostly very hard game play though ). Hope that each level of GW will be tune to more neutral CPU characters. It post a little challenge playing through GW but to me to finish the GW each day is to have more war token. With these tokens I can farm more teams with better *. If making this super hard to gain war tokens, I think it will defeat the purpose of playing GW and further resulting less players on this game.
  • So changes to GW were made because too many people were winning and completing all of the battles.
    My question is: what is wrong with winning? LOL. Players who win are happy players who keep on playing. Players who constantly lose get frustrated and may stop playing.
    What was wrong with the players defeating GW as it was. Most would believe is was challenging like it was. A very few would say it was too easy, some would say it was too hard. To me, this felt like it had some balance. Sure the randomness of the opposition selected was maddening at times, but the average daily GW had a good balance of difficulty.
    GW was my thing I looked forward to everyday because it was challenging but winnable. Now it has become boring and repetitive and left almost completely to chance. No, I don't expect it to be easy, but I expect a game to be fun. If GW was the one thing I looked forward to playing.. and that is no longer the case.. why am I still playing?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Not keeping meter why? This only favors fast teams. Basicaly you acquire the 5 fastest toons and hit 5 to 1 every time. Where is the fair fight in retreating after your team goes? Makes GW totally trivial.

The reason I suggested resetting the turn meter prevents people from retreating when the healer's turn comes up and has a heal available just to bring in the low health characters and heal them before the other team attacks.
    By randomizing the turn meter after a retreat, it is still a risk bringing in lower health characters.

I'm not sure I follow you on your comment about retreating after your team goes. Typically, before the change, I would retreat if one of my characters got into the red zone but before they died (hopefully). You can only retreat after the other team has at least one action.
  • I dont get why you the developers keep on defending a mistake you guys made when majority of your player base is already calling you out on the **** poor decision you've done with GW. Do you even play the game? Did you make the game for yourself or for the players? Jesus, learn to freaking listen will ya. The changes in GW sucks. Fix and get with the program or lose even more players.
  • Varlie wrote: »

Not keeping meter why? This only favors fast teams. Basicaly you acquire the 5 fastest toons and hit 5 to 1 every time. Where is the fair fight in retreating after your team goes? Makes GW totally trivial.

The reason I suggested resetting the turn meter prevents people from retreating when the healer's turn comes up and has a heal available just to bring in the low health characters and heal them before the other team attacks.
    By randomizing the turn meter after a retreat, it is still a risk bringing in lower health characters.

I'm not sure I follow you on your comment about retreating after your team goes. Typically, before the change, I would retreat if one of my characters got into the red zone but before they died (hopefully). You can only retreat after the other team has at least one action.

I hadn't thought of that. Good point and observation.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Varlie wrote: »

Easy fix is to bring Daka or Ewok Elder in case they die to revive them.
  • GenghisDon
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't like how fast changes happen because the forum has some complaints on it. Barriss, not GW. GW is impossible now. I am F2P ($5 dooku only for now anyway) and I honestly, play about 2 hours a day or more so I'm not going to listen to "get better toons" or "get better at the game". Fight 6 - 12 all being being lvl 60 6* or 7* Phasma dooku sid lumi toon-x squads is a little much. I understand saying "it's meant to be a challenge" but this is a brick wall. Even if you win, you are at half health and will be facing the same sqaud again and again after that. I think honestly, it the SWGoH team asking "why are there so many 7* lumis" and found that people were getting 1000 GW credits a day so they made it impossible. I just want the fulfillment and fun of playing the GW farther than stage 6. Why not fix the turbo boost of credits by lowering the daily haul for 12 rounds to 800 and then add 2 extra levels for the whales to pull in an extra 200 if they can do it. Make them the super crazy tough ones. OR give us back the original retreat but then remove it at the 600 GW credit mark. Then after that you can add the crazy tough mode retreat back in at that point. this way new players and F2P players get the feeling of having a chance to gain ground at this table. People that missed the easy lumi train pre-GW change may as well stop playing. there just isn't enough healing toons to go around. I'm open to spending more $$ in this game, but if massive changes at the drop of a hat keep going, I don't know if I'm willing to invest.
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »
    They removed the mechanic that was originally built into the game because it removed buffs and debuffs. The thing is, it worked both ways, both opponent and you got your buffs cleared. I accepted this as part of the game.

It was fun to swap in characters in and out. Now it's just a long grind. It's just another arena mechanic when I liked that GW was a different approach.

I find it tedious to keep resetting matches to ensure that it went as perfectly as possible so my team is capable to compete in the next round. It's boring.

Bring back the original mechanic. I'd love if they fix the debuff/buff error if the devs feel it will make it fair.

Don't buy that line. They took it out because it cost less to do than to fix the force close exploit.

I work in this industry, I know exactly how the meeting on that one went. There were two ways to do it, the right way and the cheap way. It's all about the ROI.

Sounds lazy to me. Hope this backlash gets to them.
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »

Easy fix is to bring Daka or Ewok Elder in case they die to revive them.
    I agree
    Today i bring Daka and Ew Elder , and nobody in my squad die , they're very useful although previously I never used them . This change made me rethink how to effectively use another character
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    better matchmaking and a little more health gain for your entire lineup in between battles and this whole thing will be fine.

+1
  • ventsel
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    there is still very much a use for the lower power “pawns” in your collection. If you want to absorb the special attacks from a given opponent party, you can send in one or more lower power characters. They’ll likely take one for the team (e.g., die)

Er... No? That's NOT how it works player-side. Unless lower - power characters are level 1 with level 1 gear, they'll keep up there long enough for an enemy team to have several turns,so their special attacks will be happily reset.

What happened with the GW change is that there is no need to DEVELOP all toons. Just high-powered high-ability ones. In old GW I had use for my level 56 Stormtrooper. Now I don't. I use about 8 toons in different combinations. So I need to develop 10 for tables (5 light and 5 dark) - GW 8 are included in them +tanks for challenge... and that's all.

I regret I've invested so many resources in 20+ 60-level toons. I've needed them all for GW before; they are useless now, however different it seems from the devs side. I stopped investing in them, I stopped farming for new toons for bigger and better diversified team. Now I concentrate on top 13. Guess what? Takes loads less. You want my money? Bring the old more interesting, more challenging, more strategic functionality back in.

Never used force-close, too lazy for it. I stick to in-game options.

PS For me new GW is easier - I've never finished with only one toon dead before. Also boring, repetitive and like anything else. It was the only interesting part of the game - I do everything else in auto mode, and arena is just the same each time. Now it's just a part of grind mill, I go there to get resources, not because I like the gameplay and look forward to it. You've killed the last gameplay element in the game. Bravo!

Keep it up, by all means. It's easy and dull.
  • @CG_JohnSalera

Cheers and Happy New Year.

It's great that you and your team are continually interacting. I don't really have a bone to pick with anything that's been done. I'm a typical new player who's spent a few dollars and so far has got my moneys worth. I'll pay a few bucks for entertainment. Once it's not entertaining, I won't. But I think you'll have my interest for awhile yet, so keep on doing what you're doing. I'm a competitive fella, but my dad taught me to play by the rules, and play the cards you're dealt. If the rules change, or you can get dealt different cards, then that's also part of the game. No problem with that here.

Side note: Just stop @Qeltar . Your posts dominate this forum. Any new player comes across you everywhere they go. I can't get away from your complaining. Here, Reddit, you're everywhere. Always bellyaching. Knock it off.

• NUTS
    41 posts Member
    Never had a problem with gw..ppl crying are ****
  • NUTS
    41 posts Member
    Stop crying m9rons
  • I like the change, it is a bit tougher to complete but design is simpler.
  • I registered on this forum the day this change was made to express my dissatisfaction as well as intimate the displeasure of various friends of mine that expressed the same feelings regarding it.
    Disclaimer: I have fairly heavily backed this game as heretofore I greatly enjoyed what I could play and the difficulty thereof for time invested.

Currently I have a roster of 59 characters total, at various levels and power.

16 of those are 60 with an average of 6 and above in gear with a range between 3 to 7 stars and I place reliably within the top 20 in my bracket pretty much every day.

I share this only to show that I have a relatively “deep bench”, have a variety of choices available to me and quite possibly have some idea how to play and make a team.

Other players are not so fortunate.

Even with the roster available to me I barely passed GW when going up against teams that were already Level 61 with gear at 7 or higher with combinations that required I go through every level 60 hero I had and all fodder that was above level 30, which is about ¾ of my entire roster. The rest of my heroes were too low a level to last a single salvo. I cannot count the number of resets I had to go through against those teams and it wasn’t because the team was not effective but that the RNG was against me.

This was not fun, this wasn’t necessarily hard either.

However, it was an exercise in pure tedium and frustration and not a testament to strategy but one of brute force.

Neither of those make me particularly inclined to play the game more, or spend any more money on it.

My friends? Just a few days ago before the change they were excited that they finally cleared GW and even were able to unlock Luminara after so many attempts. That has quickly turned to enormous amounts of frustration today. That joy, turned to complete dejection and a considerably lessened desire to play the game.

There’s a fine balance between making things for those that are F2P reachable within reason and time and making things too frustrating to even bother, this change is enough to turn many off from the game when they just felt like maybe they were starting to achieve something or start working on getting that deeper bench for options later.

That this previous implementation of Retreat was being used in ways you did not foresee is understandable, however it has been this way for some time without a change until now. What this easily becomes is an enormous power-gap between those that were able to take advantage of it before this time and those that were not. For the continued health of the game, I’d argue that allowing it to continue as it was, would be a far preferable option.

With additional development time and resources, a variety of options could be available.

Examples would be:
    • Toggled difficulties and a new GW currency for what others call an “Iron Man” mode. You could have a variety of difficulty levels built into GW with their own currencies to unlock different characters that have even yet to be released and then describe it that “Retreat” no longer functions as it did in lower difficulties. Add another tier and you can raise the difficulty even more and players will then accept what currently is and if they want that next shiny object, will up their game accordingly.
    • Fix the Debuff abuse.
    • Continue to tweak the acceptable difficulty in the opposing teams.
    • Etc.

Yet these options have one considerable difference to what was done to GW in the recent change.

They aren't as likely to completely tick off a large amount of your player base.
  • Ok, CG/EA. Just 5-11 GW teams is FOTP, Leia, Po Daemeron. Ok.
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone –

We wanted to have an open conversation with you all regarding the recent change to Galactic War. We made the change to bring the feature back into alignment with its original design vision.

Clearly this one change has driven a ton of forum activity. While many folks have said they like the change to Retreat, many others are quite unhappy about it.

So, let’s talk about it.

First, here’s how Retreat used to work:
    1. Previously, you could start a GW Battle and then Retreat as soon as the AI team had taken at least one action. When doing this, a few things were retained and a few things weren’t.
    2. Things that were retained:
      • Character death
      • Health loss
      • Special Ability cool downs
    3. Things that were not retained:
      • Turn meters
      • Buffs, debuffs, and status effects (like stun)
    4. The net result is you could go in and out of battles and take advantage of the things that are not retained. For example: if the AI party had built up buffs for them or if your team had debuffs / dots / status effects / etc., by using Retreat you could wipe out that part of the game. Couple this with the turn meters being reset, and the player could use the menu system to greatly impact the outcome of the battle.
    That was never the design intent of this feature.

The goals of the Galactic War feature were to:
    1. Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard! 
    2. Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).
    3. Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles, not as you danced in and out of a given battle as was previously happening.
    4. And this will have more impact as the meta continues to expand,) provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective.

In pursuit of bringing the feature back in line with the original intent, here’s what we changed:
    1. Now, as long as you press Retreat before the battle ends, you exit the battle and everything is reset as if you hadn’t started the battle. It’s an instant rewind.
    2. This allows you to try different party compositions to unlock the victory. As a result, progression happens at the “Battle level” and not at the “turn level” as before.
    A common concern expressed is that this removes strategy. What is or isn’t strategic is a surprisingly subjective thing, so I don’t want to belabor this point. However, the strategic elements are now focused where they were meant to be:
    1. What decisions have you made in terms of how you build out and upgrade your overall collection. In other words, beyond your “A Team” how strong is your bench?
    2. When approaching a battle, how can you use your collection as a whole to overcome the challenge? Here is something we haven’t seen anyone mention (apologies if we’ve missed it…): there is still very much a use for the lower power “pawns” in your collection. If you want to absorb the special attacks from a given opponent party, you can send in one or more lower power characters. They’ll likely take one for the team (e.g., die), but then you can bring in your stronger characters to mop up.
    3. How can you dismantle a given opponent party while minimizing loss of characters, minimizing lost health, reserving your special attacks until they’re absolutely needed, and micro-managing the cool-downs of all of your characters?
    4. When facing a certain kind of party (stun lock, crit damage, Jedi party, healers, revive, etc., etc., etc.) what elements of your own collection can you best bring to defeat that challenge?

And there’s more, but those are the main ones.

A few more things to mention:
    1. Random number seed – A random number seed is a common programming practice where one number is generated randomly, and then used for a bunch of subsequent calculations. We know there have been active discussions around the random number seed being saved at the start of a battle for a given squad that you bring in. The result of this approach is if you repeat the exact same actions you will get the exact same results. Some folks have interpreted that as meaning there is no randomness in the battle. It’s an important distinction to make between the randomness set at the start of a battle vs. a bunch of randomness re-rolled within the battle. That being said, we are still discussing the ideal way for this to work. Currently if you change positions of the members in your party, that will invoke a re-roll of the seed. So, some players are focusing in on that as their “strategy” in order to keep re-rolling the seed in order to get a desired result. That isn’t how the feature is meant to work. Stay tuned, and don’t be surprised if we make a change here.
    2. Galactic War tuning – We are constantly tuning how the game (including this feature) works. For GW this includes opponent selection, how much health is granted after a Victory, etc. We are not making any changes right now, but will revisit this next week after we have enough data to see how the current approach is working.
    3. Lack of mention in the first version of the Release Notes – When we put out the notes on this update, we failed to include this change. This was honestly an result of human error and Aaron has explained how it happened. Sorry about that.
    4. Change and iteration – We have said this before, but it bears repeating. We will constantly be changing and iterating on the game throughout its lifespan. We will be doing this based on your feedback, on our own internal designs and feedback, and based on a host of other inputs. Please expect things to keep evolving as the game progresses.

Long post, I know.

Lots to discuss here and we’re looking forward to talking things through with you guys to see how we can keep making this and other parts of the game more enjoyable. That being said we are not planning on reverting this change because the feature simply wasn’t working as originally envisioned.

Hope that helps. Happy to discuss further.

Thanks!

Hate the change. Cleared gw with the same 5 characters tonight. No point in changing anything anymore. I used to use all my 17 lvl 60s. "Gaming" the rng system is not strategy. "Oh dang they won every roll, let me just use the exact same toons in different slots and see if it gets better for me. .."

That's horrible.
    --Nud Stark--
  • This game has become hopeless. Whats the point of this dialouge again? I've read through tons of the comments here and a sizable majority is saying you're new GW update is a big det riment to the game. And you're here insisting that it just "balances" it out and all that other bull **** to justify that fail of an update. Again like i said, hopeless. Boring. Forgettable. Yes updates like this does that to games. I've seen it so many times before. Good luck EA
  • The new retreat really does make it easier to win, as long as you're willing to restart and try new strategies until you find the perfect one each time. It actually feels way more like cheating to me, like gaming the system in an anticompetitive way.

The real problem is the matchmaking. I do not understand how it decides the matchups. In one GW when I was at level 51 with 4 and 5 star units, my very first matchup was all level 53 units, most of them the same or higher stars. The first match! And in nearly every GW I've run, the hardest matchup is right in the middle, and the last matchup feels oddly easy compared to earlier ones. It makes no sense at all.

But even with this bizarre matchmaking, GW was fun with the old retreat option. You had to tactically retreat to avoid taunts/de buffs, but that meant you also had to tactically hold back on your own buffs and taunts because they would cancel out as well. That impacted which units you'd bring in and which abilities you'd use at different times. Also, having health losses carry over meant you couldn't just retry different combos until you got it right--you had to actually think through your strategy beforehand. It may not have been working as intended, but it was simply more fun.

Now it feels like way more of a grind. You can win by trial and error.
  • "My friends? Just a few days ago before the change they were excited that they finally cleared GW and even were able to unlock Luminara after so many attempts. That has quickly turned to enormous amounts of frustration today. That joy, turned to complete dejection and a considerably lessened desire to play the game."

Your friends didn't have Lumi by the time they got to be able to play GW? And you have 16 lev 60 characters. Why on earth didn't you give them a bit of advice? And why were none of them excited enough about the game to even Google SWGOH. If they were not inclined to do that, I hardly think they'd be completely dejected
  • MousseTampi
    88 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So i just played gw today and i only felt frustrated, there's simply no fun in it EA/CG no fun!
    Remove the Star wars title on your game and you will have no players left.
    Post edited by MousseTampi on
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As long as you guys are also looking after the new players, making sure they are hooked and wont be too frustrated then Im ok with the change.

But keep in mind, getting characters takes a long time and there is a lot of competition far ahead of new players. Gw being Cross-server, ending up fighting a p2p soft launch players team isnt always as fun as you might think.
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Want to make gw a real challenge worth actual strategy?

Bring back the old retreat and save EVERYTHING - health, buffs, debuffs, turn meters, all of it. THEN I will have real reason to use all my toons.

Particularly hard team, put in 5 lesser toons to kill 1 or 2 enemies, retreat and bring in a couple healers or team #1.

Maybe reset meter, buffs, etc if a toons sits out a full match or 2. Then make matchups hard!

--Nud Stark--
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Hi everyone –

We wanted to have an open conversation with you all regarding the recent change to Galactic War. We made the change to bring the feature back into alignment with its original design vision.

Clearly this one change has driven a ton of forum activity. While many folks have said they like the change to Retreat, many others are quite unhappy about it.

So, let’s talk about it.

First, here’s how Retreat used to work:
    1. Previously, you could start a GW Battle and then Retreat as soon as the AI team had taken at least one action. When doing this, a few things were retained and a few things weren’t.
    2. Things that were retained:
      • Character death
      • Health loss
      • Special Ability cool downs
    3. Things that were not retained:
      • Turn meters
      • Buffs, debuffs, and status effects (like stun)
    4. The net result is you could go in and out of battles and take advantage of the things that are not retained. For example: if the AI party had built up buffs for them or if your team had debuffs / dots / status effects / etc., by using Retreat you could wipe out that part of the game. Couple this with the turn meters being reset, and the player could use the menu system to greatly impact the outcome of the battle.
    That was never the design intent of this feature.

The goals of the Galactic War feature were to:
    1. Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard! 
    2. Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).
    3. Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles, not as you danced in and out of a given battle as was previously happening.
    4. And this will have more impact as the meta continues to expand,) provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective.

In pursuit of bringing the feature back in line with the original intent, here’s what we changed:
    1. Now, as long as you press Retreat before the battle ends, you exit the battle and everything is reset as if you hadn’t started the battle. It’s an instant rewind.
    2. This allows you to try different party compositions to unlock the victory. As a result, progression happens at the “Battle level” and not at the “turn level” as before.
    A common concern expressed is that this removes strategy. What is or isn’t strategic is a surprisingly subjective thing, so I don’t want to belabor this point. However, the strategic elements are now focused where they were meant to be:
    1. What decisions have you made in terms of how you build out and upgrade your overall collection. In other words, beyond your “A Team” how strong is your bench?
    2. When approaching a battle, how can you use your collection as a whole to overcome the challenge? Here is something we haven’t seen anyone mention (apologies if we’ve missed it…): there is still very much a use for the lower power “pawns” in your collection. If you want to absorb the special attacks from a given opponent party, you can send in one or more lower power characters. They’ll likely take one for the team (e.g., die), but then you can bring in your stronger characters to mop up.
    3. How can you dismantle a given opponent party while minimizing loss of characters, minimizing lost health, reserving your special attacks until they’re absolutely needed, and micro-managing the cool-downs of all of your characters?
    4. When facing a certain kind of party (stun lock, crit damage, Jedi party, healers, revive, etc., etc., etc.) what elements of your own collection can you best bring to defeat that challenge?

And there’s more, but those are the main ones.

A few more things to mention:
    1. Random number seed – A random number seed is a common programming practice where one number is generated randomly, and then used for a bunch of subsequent calculations. We know there have been active discussions around the random number seed being saved at the start of a battle for a given squad that you bring in. The result of this approach is if you repeat the exact same actions you will get the exact same results. Some folks have interpreted that as meaning there is no randomness in the battle. It’s an important distinction to make between the randomness set at the start of a battle vs. a bunch of randomness re-rolled within the battle. That being said, we are still discussing the ideal way for this to work. Currently if you change positions of the members in your party, that will invoke a re-roll of the seed. So, some players are focusing in on that as their “strategy” in order to keep re-rolling the seed in order to get a desired result. That isn’t how the feature is meant to work. Stay tuned, and don’t be surprised if we make a change here.
    2. Galactic War tuning – We are constantly tuning how the game (including this feature) works. For GW this includes opponent selection, how much health is granted after a Victory, etc. We are not making any changes right now, but will revisit this next week after we have enough data to see how the current approach is working.
    3. Lack of mention in the first version of the Release Notes – When we put out the notes on this update, we failed to include this change. This was honestly an result of human error and Aaron has explained how it happened. Sorry about that.
    4. Change and iteration – We have said this before, but it bears repeating. We will constantly be changing and iterating on the game throughout its lifespan. We will be doing this based on your feedback, on our own internal designs and feedback, and based on a host of other inputs. Please expect things to keep evolving as the game progresses.

Long post, I know.

Lots to discuss here and we’re looking forward to talking things through with you guys to see how we can keep making this and other parts of the game more enjoyable. That being said we are not planning on reverting this change because the feature simply wasn’t working as originally envisioned.

Hope that helps. Happy to discuss further.

Thanks!

You've taken the fun out of GW. You've turned it into a grind of "repeat the same match over and over until you get the desired result"

Sure there are still strategic options to swap at the start of the match but you still have to keep repeating until RNG is in your favor. That is pretty much the best tip you can give any player about the new GW.

Keep bashing your head on the cinder block until it breaks. Will it work? Sometimes. Is it fun? No. Please bring back the fun.
  • @d3gauss i think you are a whale P2P because you want the GW to be even harder than it is. only P2P players or an early F2P players (that have a 10 &7* toons fully geared) will be able to finish the galactic war if the retreat button is removed. you are being insensitive about other players.

I agree with the change in GW but if EA/CG will push this change, then at least make the match making more doable not impossible. because unike you, we F2P players don't have the privilage to make a better bench.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    I just finished my second galactic war since update with only retreating 4 times I'm not a big whale in game either I used 6*geo soldier 6* ig 86 5* jc 6* luminara and tried 4* Dooku for first time as lead and was actually evading hits for once lol seen some big teams early as well on big aoe opponents inserted 2 random toons from bench Sid popped his aoe everytime when they were dead inserted team I listed above dropped sid first so couldn't put heal immunity on me or Kylo when he was involved drop him and was able to handle leaving battles with full team intact and usable for next match will try same strategy tomorrow see if I'm on too something worked for me people this may not be as bad as most think or may have been lucky who knows
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    better matchmaking and a little more health gain for your entire lineup in between battles and this whole thing will be fine.

+1
  • So,.. what are the different between GW and Squad Cantina Battles?.. You CG want to make them the same? This, of course, benefit f2p.
This discussion has been closed.