Droid users: What's your backup plan when your teams are obsolete?

Prev13
Do you have another go-to team to use?

With the rise of Han Solo we'll soon see the disappearance of droid teams in the arena. Or at least a huge thinning out. The devs created JE and killed him right after with the ultimate counter. Haha

Replies

• If jawa engineer keeps getting stunned then ill just use both IGs hk and a speed Poe and jawa engineer.
  • Every toon has a counter. You expect them to create something and not give other players an option? This game is about letting people create their dream squad. It's obvious that the devs are trying to create diversity after the whole meta that emerged. Droid teams won't become obsolete, but they won't be the be-all-end-all. It's all about making the game have variety. Do you really wanna see the same squad 20 times in the top 50?
  • Every toon has a counter. You expect them to create something and not give other players an option? This game is about letting people create their dream squad. It's obvious that the devs are trying to create diversity after the whole meta that emerged. Droid teams won't become obsolete, but they won't be the be-all-end-all. It's all about making the game have variety. Do you really wanna see the same squad 20 times in the top 50?

It's more than a counter though. There are already counters for droid teams.

This, my friend, is the destruction of droid teams. Ask anyone who uses Mr. Solo and they'll tell you they don't lose to droid teams.

So, once more and more people get him from raids, droids will not be able to hold rank whatsoever.

Ultimate destruction I should have said. Not ultimate counter.
  • Han solo is good against droids. Ho hum against outlet l other teams
  • Furthermore, what's the counter for Han's initial stun shot? None. There's nothing a droid team can do to counter that. lmao
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This, my friend, is the destruction of droid teams. Ask anyone who uses Mr. Solo and they'll tell you they don't lose to droid teams.
    A lot of people without Han Solo can say that, since the armor update. Droids losing on defense? Nothing new.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    A lot of people without Han Solo can say that, since the armor update. Droids losing on defense? Nothing new.

Yes and now even people with mediocre teams can say it too. It's the beginning of the end.
  • markusfive wrote: »
    LastJedi wrote: »

Yes and now even people with mediocre teams can say it too. It's the beginning of the end.

No. They are fine. Also just get a speed Poe and JE. Or just put a ton of tenacity mods on JE.
  • Oh dear, and here I am finally collecting HK, 88, and Poggle shards. Too late to the gravy train, as usual. :'(
    On the other hand, anybody who has droids will be able to rock the Droids Fight Back event when it returns! When is that going to be?
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a guy in my guild consistently being in the top ten with HK, 88, 86, b2 and sun fac. They don't Even have that much speed either. So no droids don't need JE to be good.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a guy in my guild consistently being in the top ten with HK, 88, 86, b2 and sun fac. They don't Even have that much speed either. So no droids don't need JE to be good.
    Yeah it's not a requirement, however no one is worried about Han Solo OP. Droid users will only be worried when Rex becomes FTP.
  • I have a guy in my guild consistently being in the top ten with HK, 88, 86, b2 and sun fac. They don't Even have that much speed either. So no droids don't need JE to be good.
    Yeah it's not a requirement, however no one is worried about Han Solo OP. Droid users will only be worried when Rex becomes FTP.

ugh, Rex is the droid killer.
  • lol I still beat Rex teams on offense easily. Defense it may be a slaughter but no trouble at all with Rex. Just have to go about attacking differently and there aren't enough rex leads to drop me very far on my shard.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    My plan B is to quit this game.
  • I've a feeling OP is drunk because no one is afraid of HS.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Han sucks on defense. He never picks JE to shoot so droids are perfectly capable of crushing any team he's on. Not that it matters too much when you have a 270+ speed JE who is going to be able to fire off his shot before some toons get a single turn. So its not really a big deal.

Droids have consistently been the squad most resiliant to shifts in meta or in mechanics. With the Jawas included and mods you have anti-droid, aoe, taunt, health, revive, single DPS toons, turn meter gains, speed etc. There is nothing they can do to droids to nerf them short of an entire upending of their game mechanics.

Even then the droids would somehow persevere.

But to answer your question - Empire.
  • lol I still beat Rex teams on offense easily. Defense it may be a slaughter but no trouble at all with Rex. Just have to go about attacking differently and there aren't enough rex leads to drop me very far on my shard.

Still to this day Rex led teams are my droids Achille's heel. I have no idea how you're able to get through them unless they're way underpowered. Top 41-42k teams with Rex lead just wreck my droids. They have too much health for me to start killing off in turn 1 and all the TM my team generates just makes their squad faster when it translates to crits. Which is pretty much always with a HK lead.

I've beat them but my success rate is probably 30-50% lower than other squads. Only old-ben led teams are close to that poor of a success rate.
  • Droids will be fine. I in fact use Han in arena and love fighting droid teams, but Han's shot can still be resisted and when that happens, the droids clean up in about 60 seconds. But I still don't think we'll be seeing Han all over the place in arena. He is very squishy for one, plus a lot of (most?) guilds will be running the new raid, so few will have Han maxed, let alone unlocked.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    lol I still beat Rex teams on offense easily. Defense it may be a slaughter but no trouble at all with Rex. Just have to go about attacking differently and there aren't enough rex leads to drop me very far on my shard.

Still to this day Rex led teams are my droids Achille's heel. I have no idea how you're able to get through them unless they're way underpowered. Top 41-42k teams with Rex lead just wreck my droids. They have too much health for me to start killing off in turn 1 and all the TM my team generates just makes their squad faster when it translates to crits. Which is pretty much always with a HK lead.

I've beat them but my success rate is probably 30-50% lower than other squads. Only old-ben led teams are close to that poor of a success rate.

Much like pure counter teams, don't use your AoE until a couple of them are dead. If your droids are modded well you should be able to cut a couple of them down quickly.
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Your mistake is thinking droids need JE to be relevant. The 2nd best droid team on my server does not even run JE.
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Your mistake is thinking droids need JE to be relevant. The 2nd best droid team on my server does not even run JE.

How do they compete against these super fast new teams? HK47 is only 97 speed without mods. To get him even close to 200 would be nothing short of a miracle with winning the lottery of many many speed rolls. The other droids aren't a lot faster either.
  • Probably going tank.

HK, GG, 86, B2, 100 is a nice team as well. Key point being GG.. which..well..good luck with the 6 mo. grind.
  • palpatine also helps a lot.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    How do they compete against these super fast new teams? HK47 is only 97 speed without mods. To get him even close to 200 would be nothing short of a miracle with winning the lottery of many many speed rolls. The other droids aren't a lot faster either.
    Against certain teams they don't. But they can beat a new set of teams. Depends on what you need to beat in your hour. If you don't have B2, you often need to change things up on offense. And ditching JE is legit strategy. But with palpatine on the rise, JE is going to be busy.

Against Rex lead, you don't even want HK to be fast. His crit rate is very high, but his damage is suboptimal. If you have 200 speed HK, you are going to do worse against Rex lead. Against Rex, you want to mod HK for offense and crit damage, not speed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    palpatine also helps a lot.

This. The true counter to droid teams is Palpatine. If you tenacity-up JE, he'll be the only one NOT stunned. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I feel sorry for all the new palpatine teams. They are in a speed race against themselves. Whose palpatine shoots/stuns first? ? Have fun with that.
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Against certain teams they don't. But they can beat a new set of teams. Depends on what you need to beat in your hour. If you don't have B2, you often need to change things up on offense. And ditching JE is legit strategy. But with palpatine on the rise, JE is going to be busy.

Against Rex lead, you don't even want HK to be fast. His crit rate is very high, but his damage is suboptimal. If you have 200 speed HK, you are going to do worse against Rex lead. Against Rex, you want to mod HK for offense and crit damage, not speed.

I disagree here. You want HK to go first and hope for ability block. Although you definitely don't need a 200 Hk. You need your Hk and 86 to be 55% or great the speed of your JE. This gives them 100% TM. You want 88 to have 54% the speed of JE. If done right (meaning you have a B2.... No droid team is worth running top tier with out him), you'll steam roll Rex lead teams.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    No droid team is worth running top tier with out him [B2]
    And this is my main problem right now...

Actually there is only one guy on my server with B2. And he doesn't even have HK unlocked, last I checked. lol.

I used to run a setup where HK goes first, for his block and to buff 88's AOE. But there are too many Rex lead and/or Anni lead with 5's and Fac, and speedy HK was pure suicide for my squad. I wish I had two or three fully maxed arena squads, but I don't. I use offense up arrow and cross on my HK. Crit damage mods, Crit damage triangle. He does 9k on his basic on low armor toons. 7k on a beefy 5's. >12K on an 86 assist. Much better against rex and counterattackers.

His AOE debuff is next to useless against Rex lead. Yeah, my HK gets a slow start, but once he is rolling with crits, he gets his attacks in, and I'm never unhappy he HAS to hit a clone or a taunting Han.

The top defending droid team on my shard (does very well) also has a pretty slow HK.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Noktarn wrote: »
    Probably going tank.

HK, GG, 86, B2, 100 is a nice team as well. Key point being GG.. which..well..good luck with the 6 mo. grind.

Thats the team I'm talking about but he uses RG instead of grevious.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I feel sorry for all the new palpatine teams. They are in a speed race against themselves. Whose palpatine shoots/stuns first? ? Have fun with that.

There are about 6 of us in the top 30 on my shard - and we all have different payout times. Well, at least none of them share mine. So while we appreciate your concern, the 500 crystals every day has been nice. We'll be fine. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*