Worst Chromium pulls?

I've limited myself to paying for one Chromium 8 pack a month. Was unpleasantly surprised to receive this unfortunate steamer today:

10x Aayla Secura shards
12x Resistance pilot shards
12x Lumi shards (who I already have at 7*)
10x Aayla shards
10x Luke shards
10x Nightsister Initiate shards
complete character: Snowtrooper (which I already had and converted to 7 shards)
complete character: Royal guard (which I already had and converted to 7 shards)

And so naturally it got me wondering if this is the worst pull ever. I doubt it - Aayla, Luke and Lumi are all good, though the low number of shards is underwhelming. All in all it seems pretty pitiful. Have you had a worse pull yourself and do you remember what it was?

Replies

• I bought one pack and got Lando this morning
  • I'm gonna splurge and get a Friday night twenty sack later... I'll let you know the worst roll then when it inevitably happens to me.
  • Ok so I'm new to the game (a few weeks) but I've been lurking on the forums and have seen to avoid chromium packs.

Today I decided to give it one more go and bought a 8 and 4 pack and I must say I think I was graced by RnGesus

Ended up pulling the following
    4* HK
    4*kylo
    4* tarkin
    4* anakin

And shards that got me 2* leia and other various shards.

Totally done buying packs as I know my luck couldn't get any better
  • That's a lotta dimp!

Me = jealous.
  • Not that lucky if you look down the road. All of those characters will be stuck at their current star level except for Kylo and HK-47. Kylo is farmable through cantina and HK through squad arena. But to start off your squad that's fantastic.
  • dkredsox wrote: »
    Not that lucky if you look down the road. All of those characters will be stuck at their current star level except for Kylo and HK-47. Kylo is farmable through cantina and HK through squad arena. But to start off your squad that's fantastic.

Ive been playing for a few weeks but I'm lvl 53 and have a solid squad I'm currently 72 in squad arena but those will do handily for actual teams I want to build
  • Who the heck keeps merging threads in here?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I've limited myself to paying for one Chromium 8 pack a month. Was unpleasantly surprised to receive this unfortunate steamer today:

10x Aayla Secura shards
    10x Aayla shards
    10x Luke shards

And so naturally it got me wondering if this is the worst pull ever. I doubt it - Aayla, Luke and Lumi are all good, though the low number of shards is underwhelming. All in all it seems pretty pitiful. Have you had a worse pull yourself and do you remember what it was?

I would have killed for this pull yesterday. I saved some money because I thought they might release new toons yesterday. Sadly, no toons, but I decided to use $300 to see if I could unlock some new toons or Star up some of my current ones. Every one of the 14 8-chromium packs consisted of ewoks, stormtroopers, Jawa, or low level droid. That or I got shards for JC, Lumi, or QGJ who I all already have at 7*. What a waste of money. Needless to say. After this and the adjustments to GW, they have cured me of my addiction to this game. I will no longer be spending money on this game.
  • EM650 wrote: »

10x Aayla Secura shards
    10x Aayla shards
    10x Luke shards

I would have killed for this pull yesterday. I saved some money because I thought they might release new toons yesterday. Sadly, no toons, but I decided to use $300 to see if I could unlock some new toons or Star up some of my current ones. Every one of the 14 8-chromium packs consisted of ewoks, stormtroopers, Jawa, or low level droid. That or I got shards for JC, Lumi, or QGJ who I all already have at 7*. What a waste of money. Needless to say. After this and the adjustments to GW, they have cured me of my addiction to this game. I will no longer be spending money on this game.

Did you just complain about having 7* QGJ? If you are a whale spending that much cash on packs of course you are going to get repeats eventually! Just another part of the game that has always been there! RNG IS RNG :wink:
  • 25 ewok scout shards
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »

10x Aayla Secura shards
    10x Aayla shards
    10x Luke shards

Did you just complain about having 7* QGJ? If you are a whale spending that much cash on packs of course you are going to get repeats eventually! Just another part of the game that has always been there! RNG IS RNG :wink:

My complaint was that there was no variety. Not one TFA character came up in 14 × 8 chromium packs. No Dookus, OB1, FOTP, Leia, Lando, Aayla, etc. QGJ was the best they offered and he showed up 3 times in 1 pack. Everything was Ewoks (and not even Ewok Eld er), Jawa, and stormtrooper.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Last 8 pack I bought: Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, 1* Geo Soldier, 1* Admiral Akbar, Teebo shards. Dang thing really wants me to play Ewoks but I hate Ewoks and never will (although they aren't exactly weak). Ewoks were made up at the last second because of Lucas's obsession with children. They were supposed to be Wookies.

Bronzium packs - free ones that I typically just get 300 credits or low level gear dropped me a 4* Barriss this morning. I also got a 4* Grand Moff Tarkin this way on day 1. Tarkin was very useful but my toons are passing him up. I wish he was farmable somewhere, good dmg, good HP, puts damage down on the entire opponent squad like a reverse Poggle (it hits 100% though they can resist), and an AoE that removes opponent turn meter.

I wanted to throw that out there for comparison.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • if you smart you farm only for your cristal
  • Dar wrote: »
    if you smart you farm only for your cristal
    Like you, right?
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Last 8 pack I bought: Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, Ewok scout shards, 1* Geo Soldier, 1* Admiral Akbar, Teebo shards. **** thing really wants me to play Ewoks but I hate Ewoks and never will (although they aren't exactly weak). Ewoks were made up at the last second because of Lucas's obsession with children. They were supposed to be Wookies.

Bronzium packs - free ones that I typically just get 300 credits or low level gear dropped me a 4* Barriss this morning. I also got a 4* Grand Moff Tarkin this way on day 1. Tarkin was very useful but my toons are passing him up. I wish he was farmable somewhere, good dmg, good HP, puts damage down on the entire opponent squad like a reverse Poggle (it hits 100% though they can resist), and an AoE that removes opponent turn meter.

I wanted to throw that out there for comparison.

Ackbar is 4* FYI.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This has to be up there for worst packs ever

http://imgur.com/kO5sBbp
  • Pulled a chromium 8 pack got all shards except for a snowtrooper that I already had and it changed into 7 shards.... pretty much worthless.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • http://imgur.com/82U9qic 8-pack with only one 2* character
    http://imgur.com/MN7gk6u 4-pack with Sidious that I already have at 7*
  • Lol yeah only one 2* but it's FOTP lol ^
  • I decided that I enjoyed the game enough to drop $50 and buy 3 8 packs yesterday. Out of the 24 chromium packs, I got one character...one. And that one was Chewbacca so he also just ended up being shards. I'll never buy chromium again in my life.
  • Bhoris wrote: »
    I decided that I enjoyed the game enough to drop $50 and buy 3 8 packs yesterday. Out of the 24 chromium packs, I got one character...one. And that one was Chewbacca so he also just ended up being shards. I'll never buy chromium again in my life.

Bad luck m8.

I've had 2 really bad pulls before back to back but then had the pull of my life with RnGesus as I mentioned above lol
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I get Lobot every time I open any chromium packs...if i ever want to 7* him, it won't take long.
  • TheMaceWindont
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016

10x Aayla Secura shards
    10x Aayla shards
    10x Luke shards

I'd love to take those Aayla shards in a pack or two. Working on leveling and maxing her now. Can't wait to add her in with Phasma (leader), Dooku, 5's, and either Lumi or Leia.

Your 4-pack answered a question I had. I wondered if you would still get shards for a 7*.

Your 4-pack answered a question I had. I wondered if you would still get shards for a 7*.

Didn't my original post answer that question?

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing crummy luck. I'm unsure whether I'll still keep on with getting a pack a month for now. Certainly not as I play longer and acquire more good heroes...unless they let us sell back shards.
  • I use to buy Magic te Gathering cards by the 6 case. Similar concept. Sometimes you get bad cases, somrtimes you get good. At least with MTG you could sell off what you dont want to recoup your cost.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/

Didn't my original post answer that question?

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing crummy luck. I'm unsure whether I'll still keep on with getting a pack a month for now. Certainly not as I play longer and acquire more good heroes...unless they let us sell back shards.

I apologize for missing that specific part of your original post. Please allow me to correct my negligent reading and bestow upon you the gratitude you rightfully deserve.
    Thank you, too, Great_Hippo!
  • Chromiums are a waste unless you can afford to continually dump money in to it. The % chance to get the chromium only characters consistently doesn't warrant the odd 'once a week/month purchase'. I say this from experience...