Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Pilot wrote: »
    Good job @CG_AaronNemoyten on the change. The players here dont understand that easy things (instant gratification) quickly become boring things. Until now, GW has just been a means to an end... gain shards. I remember when leveling up how challenging GW was and it was the most fun part of the game.

Id recommend avoiding engaging the complainers. They are relentless with their crying on this forum. Just state the facts and leave it there. In a day or so they will all find something else to complain about.

If the match making is fair. Only if.

Wouldn't hurt to make shards easier to farm so people can actually build a deeper bench without needing to spend thousands. Moderate spenders, recharge and pack guys, are now in the same boat as totally F2P guys now, in relation to GW. Totally in the beep bucket.

Art imitates life, I guess. The richest get richer. Have more to spend? You'll earn more, lol.

People clearing GW regularly without the earlier retreat option either face easier opponents or have really deep benches.

I'm in the game as long as I find it fun. With the need to raise my A squad to lvl 70 to be viable in Arena, I'm not sure I'll be able to concentrate on building a viable deeper bench for GW. If it becomes a drag, I'll quit. For now, I'm sticking, hoping for some corrections.

Didnit occur to you that some people spend 3 hiurs to finish GW? I can assure you you can find the best possible counter to any team you face, and that you'll learn a lot by trying different team serut. Not because char A has cooldown, or is "green" but because it's the best vs the current enemy.

Inagree thins are harder now. But without reset and retreat, they would be impossible.

• akositzke wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They could have put in a reasonable solution for force-closing -- such as penalizing you for starting a match and then not finishing it, just as they do if you force-close a PvP match. Instead they put in a change that not only doesn't fix the problem, but basically tells everyone to do it.

My only issue with this would have been that my app crashes multiple times a day - which sucks enough when I lose energy because of it...but it would make GW unbearable if I was penalized for the app crashing because it considered it a FC.

Same here, when it happens in Arena it's particularly galling since it's an automatic lose and your remaining battle count is down by 1.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I don't get why everyone is so angry? I was besting GW before I even knew about retreating. Just build a team specifically for GW and it isn't hard. I beat it 75% of the time using Han and a bunch of healers standing behind him. It isn't fast or flashy but it works.
  • Same here, when it happens in Arena it's particularly galling since it's an automatic lose and your remaining battle count is down by 1.

I keep wishing that if this happened - or even if you just lost a match in Arena - that there would be no 'cool down' before you could start another battle. You already lost a battle - stinks to be penalized on top of it more.

Obviously if they did this people would exploit it - FC'ing if a battle isn't going their way. Nothing can really be done to prevent it, but as long as all you're gaining is no cool down it's not really that big of an exploit.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Pretty sure we need a few more threads of ppl
    Crying about GW..........

#cantbeatitlegit
  • MoonHunt wrote: »
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...

And you probably have lots of free time and patience, in which free time I don't have = )) I would asume that you are just saying it, not even try for once, let alone doing this all through GW.

Well xD people have been moaning about wanting more to do, and now GW takes a bit longer, they've in a way, given people what they wanted. I tried it on a few battles, and honestly it's far from time consuming, it only took a handfull of resets on some nodes, which is no different from the time it took to rotate characters, switch them in mid match etc. It just seems longer as it's compacted into one battle instead of several rotations.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    And yet before I used 10 or 12 characters to complete, because I didn't force-close and had to be careful with strategy. Today I did it with 5.

I'm unhappy because I WASN'T "cheesing my way through", I was using strategy appropriate to a war (retreat and regroup, and manage resources) and that was taken away and I was told that "cheesing" is the only possible tool available now.
    They could have put in a reasonable solution for force-closing -- such as penalizing you for starting a match and then not finishing it, just as they do if you force-close a PvP match. Instead they put in a change that not only doesn't fix the problem, but basically tells everyone to do it.
    This is a case where no action would have been an improvement. The people who were force-closing now are legitimized, and the people who were using proper retreat/rotation strategies are now stuck with a boring game mode, the only part of the game that until now was interesting.
    It's lose-lose all around.

I finished using 6. I came up against one group that had me swap out Kylo and swap in Sid because I wanted to use his crit leader ability. But it sounds like you had a very similar play style that I did.
  • Some have mentioned already, but it's worth repeating. This new system is bugged. Sometimes you get a full restart, other times the old style reset. Perhaps there were even other combinations of results. It definitely does not work the same way every time, at least on my server.
  • Why not just revert Retreat back to what it was but penalize Force closing? Force closing is the exploit anyway
  • GW is supposed to be end game content, a gauntlet of hard arena matches. The npc basically tells you you need a lot characters to do it, yet you think your supposed to do it with one team? The whole reason they reward you at each stage and not at the end only is because your not supposed to be able to finish it until you have built up a lot of the characters. You guys have been cheesing your way through and now when it finally gets fixed the way it should have worked from the beginning you get angry. It is only one month into the game, if your f2p your not meant to win. You have to farm and level all the characters that is the main reason there are so many. If you want to level one team only stick to arena. It is going to take a lot of time but honestly it should feel like a huge a accomplishment like almost beating the game, not like a daily chore new players are supposed to finish everyday.

Yup completely agree. retreat was strategy? HAHAHAHAHA You have to be **** to not see that this wasn't how they intended for it to work and now that your guys crutch is gone you feel like they've taken something from you. Adapt and get some more characters.
  • Where was this retreat button? I never seen one on my screen.

Never used retreat and can finish GW with no issues.
  • meanpride wrote: »
    Why not just revert Retreat back to what it was but penalize Force closing? Force closing is the exploit anyway

Because there are times that the app crashes outside of our control. I play on my iPad and the app crashes several times a day
  • Abyss wrote: »

#cantbeatitlegit

I've beaten GW 24 times straight, and today was no different. Tomorrow will be no different. And the day after that.

I'll always beat it because I have an enormous bench and have been save scumming for ages. It's not difficult, it's just tedious.

This change ****, and I'm not saying that because of self interest. Read Qeltar's GW strategy thread. Anyone that was beating GW every day before still will.

We were told there weren't going to be any more surprises, that the only balance changes that were going to come would be in the patch following this one. Instead, we get blindsided with this garbage that serves only to sap a bunch of fun out of the game and absolutely nothing else.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yup completely agree. retreat was strategy? HAHAHAHAHA You have to be **** to not see that this wasn't how they intended for it to work and now that your guys crutch is gone you feel like they've taken something from you. Adapt and get some more characters.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. The "Retreat" button was deliberately programmed into the game.
    No strategy? Go read my 5,000-word guide in the Guides section.
    The only strategy now is "keep reloading your save game until you get a good dice roll".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I love the change, it is more exciting and encourage players to build and collect more toons in spite of just the best 1st team.
  • GW is supposed to be end game content, a gauntlet of hard arena matches. The npc basically tells you you need a lot characters to do it, yet you think your supposed to do it with one team? The whole reason they reward you at each stage and not at the end only is because your not supposed to be able to finish it until you have built up a lot of the characters. You guys have been cheesing your way through and now when it finally gets fixed the way it should have worked from the beginning you get angry. It is only one month into the game, if your f2p your not meant to win. You have to farm and level all the characters that is the main reason there are so many. If you want to level one team only stick to arena. It is going to take a lot of time but honestly it should feel like a huge a accomplishment like almost beating the game, not like a daily chore new players are supposed to finish everyday.

Spot on. I've only been playing 2 weeks, spent 40$, Lev 52, no chromo players, everyone 5* w purple gear except Lumi, Sid, Poe(they'll go at 53,) never failed to complete GW w only 5 chars(force close when someone dies and try again,) been #1 arena every night for a week. I'm up for a challenge.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Spot on. I've only been playing 2 weeks, spent 40$, Lev 52, no chromo players, everyone 5* w purple gear except Lumi, Sid, Poe(they'll go at 53,) never failed to complete GW w only 5 chars(force close when someone dies and try again,) been #1 arena every night for a week. I'm up for a challenge.
    It's amazing to me how people keep weighing in on this change but reveal that they don't understand it.
    "Force close when someone dies and try again" IS the Retreat button now. There IS no new challenge.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I've been playing less than a month and have only spent $9.99. I'm level 52 and have 7-8 toons at 4-5 *, finish everyday at rank 20 or above in Arena. I've found GW very challenging(only completed it once) before reading the GW guide on here.

This game is fair and it is quite possible to do well at a reasonable pace even as f2p. It simply requires strategic management of resources. GW has by far the greatest payout and it stands to reason that the devs would make it more difficult to complete the table daily.

The change only demands a shift in strategy both in the way each individual match is played and in the way resources are allocated to a wider stable of toons that will help make completing GW easier. If you are f2p or have only started playing recently prioritize doing well at GW at the expense of Arena, it's really obvious. The change is not a big deal and will keep things challenging.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Soak teaming each event to make chars blow cool downs and then bring in a real team is cheese sorry but true and people broadcasting it made it top item to fix

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • RyAsh
    123 posts Member
    @d3gauss - thanks. Well, at least people who have a lot of chars have a chance against really tough teams then. Of course, if you lose your starting 5 you are generally hosed anyway. The whole point of retreating was to be able to regroup before that happened.
    I just finished my first GW run since this update. Know how many characters I used? 5. This used to be a mode where it was great fun to try different combos, to swap guys in and out and manage your whole team. Now it's either nearly impossible to complete (for newer players) or a borefest.

...I've been reading this forums for some time now and made an account just now to say I'm not too happy w the change. There have been many comments I could have quoted but this sums it up for me. This was the most fun option in the game - arena has its moments, I auto play all the challenges and sim everything else. GW to me will now be like a super hard "challenge" that is equally as fun as killing darth vader/boba/windu/savage every few mins...ill still do it so I don't fall behind but I'd rather sim cantina and see "little faces" every 3rd try...

• [/quote]
    It's amazing to me how people keep weighing in on this change but reveal that they don't understand it.
    "Force close when someone dies and try again" IS the Retreat button now. There IS no new challenge.[/quote]

Then what's everyone bellyaching about? If it makes it harder when I get to 60 in whatever short time that will be, I'm all for it. If the change means I'll have to develop more characters, so be it. As it was we all only spent an hour or two playing, and then scan the forums all day.

To confirm, are you saying that now if one of your characters dies and you retreat, that now that player comes back at whatever state it was in before you battled? I didn't gather that from scanning this thread. Just that the enemy characters reset upon retreat.
  • I like it tbh. As much as I rely on the retreat to complete a GW it'll mean having to use more of my roster. Good idea in the long run over using 5 or 6 toons only

:). Wait until you are at level 60 (or level 70 now) and face level 60 (70) teams in all stages 3-12, with occasionally teams that can wipe out your whole team in 2 turns then you might cry like the rest.

No, the new reset option does not make GW harder or more challenging. It just makes the mode more annoying as you just have to reset harder stages more times until RNG is in your favour. And it means more time spending on non interesting stuffs.
  • So I'm a big advocate that this taking of retreat was terrible. As I stated I did not need retreat to complete it I simply enjoyed it and the fact that it made it fun to create strategies to wipe out the opponents. Not just a grind, but one you could add depth to.

So here I did a full GW on the "new patch" I lost 1 toon, Daka, in the final battle only because I chose to Ice Sid with Lum instead of heal and she was killed immediately after by Vadars culling blade, then his basic when she revived,lol. I marched through 9 strait 6-7* purple 60's, just as I typically do every GW. The difference was instead of having fun doing it, but doing attack in waves and strike teams with the collection I had. It was a simple make a team to beat the AI and go. Basically arena that you see the whole team first on, boring.

To all you whales and spenders.(I consider myself no whale but moderate spending at over $1,500) Who the bloody heck cares if F2P and such had a crutch in retreat? It was part of the game and they used it to better themselves. The extra tokens they get to help get some shards is not really a big deal, nor is the whopping 1 random shard as reward on completion. Now if the prize was 1--12 random shards plus the 400 tokens to get 5 more the mats ect, sure maybe gripe, but come on the prize is nothing big and we all only get 1 go a day so why take away something, that even with using it, many still failed to complete? It just is not cool.

Again I am a decent sized spender who had no trouble at all going through GW this new way who is 110% against the change. Please put it back the way it was. It was far more fun to complete.
  • @meanpride ....So restarting a battle and beating the team fairly is worst than avoiding taunts, buffs and debuffs, and sending low E-teams to waste specials is how to fight?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Yea I think cg should let me have god mode tooo
  • Abyss wrote: »

#cantbeatitlegit

I've beaten GW 24 times straight, and today was no different. Tomorrow will be no different. And the day after that.

I'll always beat it because I have an enormous bench and have been save scumming for ages. It's not difficult, it's just tedious.

This change ****, and I'm not saying that because of self interest. Read Qeltar's GW strategy thread. Anyone that was beating GW every day before still will.

We were told there weren't going to be any more surprises, that the only balance changes that were going to come would be in the patch following this one. Instead, we get blindsided with this garbage that serves only to sap a bunch of fun out of the game and absolutely nothing else.

You have an enormous bench? F2P don't...Unless you've played since day 1. It'll be even worse for new players as they try to grind through and quit the game. That's fine games like this come and go. There will be many more to drop $$ on.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya then....
  • So I'm a big advocate that this taking of retreat was terrible. As I stated I did not need retreat to complete it I simply enjoyed it and the fact that it made it fun to create strategies to wipe out the opponents. Not just a grind, but one you could add depth to.

So here I did a full GW on the "new patch" I lost 1 toon, Daka, in the final battle only because I chose to Ice Sid with Lum instead of heal and she was killed immediately after by Vadars culling blade, then his basic when she revived,lol. I marched through 9 strait 6-7* purple 60's, just as I typically do every GW. The difference was instead of having fun doing it, but doing attack in waves and strike teams with the collection I had. It was a simple make a team to beat the AI and go. Basically arena that you see the whole team first on, boring.

To all you whales and spenders.(I consider myself no whale but moderate spending at over $1,500) Who the bloody heck cares if F2P and such had a crutch in retreat? It was part of the game and they used it to better themselves. The extra tokens they get to help get some shards is not really a big deal, nor is the whopping 1 random shard as reward on completion. Now if the prize was 1--12 random shards plus the 400 tokens to get 5 more the mats ect, sure maybe gripe, but come on the prize is nothing big and we all only get 1 go a day so why take away something, that even with using it, many still failed to complete? It just is not cool.

Again I am a decent sized spender who had no trouble at all going through GW this new way who is 110% against the change. Please put it back the way it was. It was far more fun to complete.

If Inthink about fun, I too confess I liked retreat as it opens posibilities BEYOND the battle system. Maybe many ilogical, but still fun and clever. And I'll miss them a bit. But it's also interedting that when I now beat I team, I know I could also beat itnon Arena or anywhere else.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Maybe after this change people in forums will stop complaining about what other people do in game.

The fact that they actually said that they made this change to make retreating the same as force closing because people complained about force closing chat blows my mind.

That's like a bank saying that since some bank robbers stole $100,000, they are going to give every account holder $100,000.