Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    I noticed that when one my toons that was in a 'wounded pose'(yellow hp?) went to 'healthy pose'(green hp) after a battle
    Ah okay. Sounds logical.
    Then they maybe could increase it a bit if the completion rate falls below a certain threshhold. As Barrok said, could be considered fair.
    Something in between what we have now and what you get when you clear a PvE stage, i guess.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    You are stating that the new method is cheese. The only time you would use such method is if your approach wasn't correct and thus your team got hurt more than you feel comfortable with (or rng wasn't in your favor). So, if you have a great team/roster (like you claim) then I don't see why such a stronger player like yourself would need to participate in this cheese method.
    Because I no longer have the option of using retreat to strategically plan my fight. I can't swap out near-dead characters, I have to let them die or reload. I can't start a fight with tanks to absorb AoEs and then put in different characters, I have to fight with the same team for the entire fight, which defeats the entire purpose of "retreating" in a "war".
    My only choices if a match goes south due to RNG is to either "reload save game" or lose GW. The middle option, which was actual strategy, has been removed.
    I enjoyed that strategy. I am not going to just die on the 7th fight if I have ridiculously bad luck, because CG decided on this incredibly weak change rather than a proper fix. I like my GW tokens too. I just preferred when I could get them using my entire team rather than cheesing the RNG. But CG has decided that cheesing the RNG is how they want their game to work.
    This is about the 100th time I have explained this. I will not do so again. If you still don't get it by this point, it's because you don't want to.

Oh my god you simply cannot wrap your head around that can you. The strategy that you were and many others included me was NOT INTENDED, it was viewed as AN EXPLOIT.

Jesus just grasp this.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Oh my god you simply cannot wrap your head around that can you. The strategy that you were and many others included me was NOT INTENDED, it was viewed as AN EXPLOIT.
    The mode was put in on purpose. They admitted that.
    It was partially being used in an unintended way. They could and should have fixed it.
    Instead, they replaced it with something that was 100% an exploit before (force-closing the app) and made the mode boring. That is not an improvement.
    This will be my final post in this thread.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    You are stating that the new method is cheese. The only time you would use such method is if your approach wasn't correct and thus your team got hurt more than you feel comfortable with (or rng wasn't in your favor). So, if you have a great team/roster (like you claim) then I don't see why such a stronger player like yourself would need to participate in this cheese method.
    Because I no longer have the option of using retreat to strategically plan my fight. I can't swap out near-dead characters, I have to let them die or reload. I can't start a fight with tanks to absorb AoEs and then put in different characters, I have to fight with the same team for the entire fight, which defeats the entire purpose of "retreating" in a "war".
    My only choices if a match goes south due to RNG is to either "reload save game" or lose GW. The middle option, which was actual strategy, has been removed.
    I enjoyed that strategy. I am not going to just die on the 7th fight if I have ridiculously bad luck, because CG decided on this incredibly weak change rather than a proper fix. I like my GW tokens too. I just preferred when I could get them using my entire team rather than cheesing the RNG. But CG has decided that cheesing the RNG is how they want their game to work.
    This is about the 100th time I have explained this. I will not do so again. If you still don't get it by this point, it's because you don't want to.

This is silly. If you fight wars across the galaxy, do you think your enemies will allow you to first send your tanks to absorb damage and then let you run away with a click of a button? You think you can throw in new troops into a war without having to take hits for withdrawing your tanks? Get real! This is not realistic and definitely not a strategy at all.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    "Retreat was intended as a tactical option so player would not be trapped in a helpless situation watching their entire party get wiped out because they couldn't replace a unit."

It is a bummer because that is almost how I feel now. My healer was hurt and almost dead. Because of a fluke I was not able to heal him before a battle ended. Each successive battle was more and more difficult. If I tried to start a battle with my healer, he was just wiped out and I could not rotate him into a battle toward the end to heal because of the current settings. Therefore, I ended up tearing through my units losing one after the other.

What if CG/EA left the retreat the way it was, but they only allowed people to retreat 3 times for the entire GW series for the day?
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    This whole situation, everyone complaining reminds me of this company I worked for one time, where they brought breakfast tacos, donuts, and fresh cut fruit every morning for employees to enjoy. The Director left the company one day for another job. Then, there was no breakfast anymore. People were really mad about it. Some talked about quitting, and others decided that they needed a pay raise because that breakfast every morning was a form of compensation to them. Angry company-wide emails were going around. It was crazy stupid.
    At the end of it all, it turned out that the company wasnt providing that breakfast, but instead the director was paying for it out of his own pocket as a treat. When the Director left the company, his free gift of breakfast went with him.

You guys shouldn't be completing GW. Not without a broad roster. Just because you have been completing it because of the cheese tactics, doesn't mean you're entitled once they make adjustments. I think I have a broad roster, and I have failed to complete GW 4 times.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Because GW gets harder the stronger the team is, the rewards should also increase in line with this difficulty.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This!
    The problem with the original way wasn't that it wasn't what the Devs wanted. It was that there was a loophole where you could retreat and remove whatever buffs/debuffs you wanted. People also had the other way of gaming the system by ignoring the retreat option, and choosing to force close.

But rather than *fix* the buff problem and eliminate the force close back door, they scrapped their original plan entirely by removing the whole retreat mechanism and making us all force close. So rather than some of us doing it the way they intended, now *none* of us are. How is this the right choice? And it's less fun!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    This!
    The problem with the original way wasn't that it wasn't what the Devs wanted. It was that there was a loophole where you could retreat and remove whatever buffs/debuffs you wanted. People also had the other way of gaming the system by ignoring the retreat option, and choosing to force close.

But rather than *fix* the buff problem and eliminate the force close back door, they scrapped their original plan entirely by removing the whole retreat mechanism and making us all force close. So rather than some of us doing it the way they intended, now *none* of us are. How is this the right choice? And it's less fun!

Get real. There is no fun in using "fake and unrealistic strategies" such as sending in tanks to absorb damage and run without suffering any major setbacks to your entire campaign. Get real and play to the rules of brutality in a galactic-scale war.

• Perkhan
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2016

This is silly. If you fight wars across the galaxy, do you think your enemies will allow you to first send your tanks to absorb damage and then let you run away with a click of a button? You think you can throw in new troops into a war without having to take hits for withdrawing your tanks? Get real! This is not realistic and definitely not a strategy at all. [/quote]

Haha realistic.. And sending in new troops into a battlefield and retreating with other troops is a real thing. ****..
  • Rolf wrote: »
    This!

It'd be a good assumption to think that this change to GW was just to stop the 'exploit' I'd expect more in-depth changes to be made with the 'major update'.
  • Perkhan wrote: »
    DarthNight wrote: »

This is silly. If you fight wars across the galaxy, do you think your enemies will allow you to first send your tanks to absorb damage and then let you run away with a click of a button? You think you can throw in new troops into a war without having to take hits for withdrawing your tanks? Get real! This is not realistic and definitely not a strategy at all.

Haha realistic... And yes

Haha realistic.. And sending in new troops into a battlefield and retreating with other troops is a real thing. ****..

Is haha all you can muster up? GW is end-game content and not meant to be easily cleared. It is a tough challenge that only strong realistic teams can complete. You spend your whole day whining on the forums for one simple reason: you cannot clear GW quickly. Everyone that can clear GW quickly will never fight against this change.
  • Pilot wrote: »
    This whole situation, everyone complaining reminds me of this company I worked for one time, where they brought breakfast tacos, donuts, and fresh cut fruit every morning for employees to enjoy. The Director left the company one day for another job. Then, there was no breakfast anymore. People were really mad about it. Some talked about quitting, and others decided that they needed a pay raise because that breakfast every morning was a form of compensation to them. Angry company-wide emails were going around. It was crazy stupid.
    At the end of it all, it turned out that the company wasnt providing that breakfast, but instead the director was paying for it out of his own pocket as a treat. When the Director left the company, his free gift of breakfast went with him.
    Director attitude , chapeau!
    @OP Bad title, good post.
  • Pilot wrote: »

You guys shouldn't be completing GW. Not without a broad roster. Just because you have been completing it because of the cheese tactics, doesn't mean you're entitled once they make adjustments. I think I have a broad roster, and I have failed to complete GW 4 times.

Exactly. GW is end-game content and not meant to be easily cleared. It is a tough challenge that only strong realistic teams can complete. These people are feeling entitled to easy clearance of GW just because there was an flaw in design that allowed them to do so.
  • I am no whale, but over $1,500 in a few weeks I'm not a lite spender either. I'd say I averaged about $350 per week spent.

In my part of the universe, you are indeed a whale since you have spent way more than 90% of their customers and I'm not putting you down for it. In fact, I feel bad for you because you are not getting the ROI you should. Yes, they've given you characters that are Chromium only for your budget but they should have just given you an IAP setup that merely allowed you to get ahead time-wise rather than to farm exclusive toons. This would have made the playing field more competitive and today, you'd have more challenges where thought and strategy would trump money in when battling others, yet you'd still have the advantage of quick farming with money....

I play it for the fun and creativity. GW gave me that with the retreat. Now I face the same dull teams of 3 healers. How to destroy a 3 healer team with no effort.

1. Sid heal immune on Lum,

2.Hit her again not to kill but to diminish but to take near death

3. Laugh as All healers will blow their heal to save her, Barriss succeeds.

4. Laugh as you Ice Lumi immediately after Barriss heals her

5. Take out the next healer smirking as you know Barris will give you time to heal and get cooldown set.

6. Focus fire them to oblivion then use Barriss as a punching bag until she croaks.

Rinse, repeat again 11 times and GW is done.

Only variation is if they put a Poe or a Glass cannon in. Then simply take them out and begin. If it is Poe heal immune him. Watch them blow it saving him, for a turn,lol.

I say this with sarcasm and in jest, though really it works. I have not EVER lost to a 3 healer team. They are so easy to manipulate it is not even a challenge.

I agree with you and if they had created the IAP as I spoke of above where buying in gave you a quicker leap forward, you'd have free teams that could in essence farm what are now Chromium only teams and today, you'd have diversity with both free and pay players coming up with unique teams, instead of this cookie-cutter setup we have now, which is not the players fault since they are forced to choose this setup due to pricing...

Totally agree. My point is they force the F2P and mild to moderate spenders to resort to cookie cutter teams. Reality is the "whales" unless they just have no self esteem and rely on crushing teams in this game every fight to feel special, will get bored. I'm already bored 18 matches in. I'm so bored with beating the same build over and over and over. I'm swapping out players to even try. Heck I even created a cookie cutter team myself to try and find some joy. Nope.

Bigger things need to be fixed here. Honestly I loved the old retreat. It made it very fun. I hated FC, never used it unless I saw a build I wanted to play more than once against. Frankly I can beat it without retreat old or new. Not bragging, just reality. All this did was make it vastly harder for the vast majority. Many folks could not complete it with retreat, FC, a 4 leaf clover, the grace of god, a horseshoe and Unicorns farting butterflies, but they at least had a better chance and were able to reap more rewards and build a bit faster and compete better each day. These players are going to hit a wall fast and just slam into it every day, become frustrated, leave. Not good.

I know for me my first 2 fights I could win with 1-2 toon squad. They are only 60 lvl purple 4-5* occasional 6*. By fight 3 though I hit 60 purple 6-7* occasional 5*. today by fight 3 I was all lVL 61, not that 61 is a big jump by any means.
  • I am no whale, but over $1,500 in a few weeks I'm not a lite spender either. I'd say I averaged about $350 per week spent.

In my part of the universe, you are indeed a whale since you have spent way more than 90% of their customers and I'm not putting you down for it. In fact, I feel bad for you because you are not getting the ROI you should. Yes, they've given you characters that are Chromium only for your budget but they should have just given you an IAP setup that merely allowed you to get ahead time-wise rather than to farm exclusive toons. This would have made the playing field more competitive and today, you'd have more challenges where thought and strategy would trump money in when battling others, yet you'd still have the advantage of quick farming with money....

I play it for the fun and creativity. GW gave me that with the retreat. Now I face the same dull teams of 3 healers. How to destroy a 3 healer team with no effort.

5. Take out the next healer smirking as you know Barris will give you time to heal and get cooldown set.

6. Focus fire them to oblivion then use Barriss as a punching bag until she croaks.

Only variation is if they put a Poe or a Glass cannon in. Then simply take them out and begin. If it is Poe heal immune him. Watch them blow it saving him, for a turn,lol.

I say this with sarcasm and in jest, though really it works. I have not EVER lost to a 3 healer team. They are so easy to manipulate it is not even a challenge.

I agree with you and if they had created the IAP as I spoke of above where buying in gave you a quicker leap forward, you'd have free teams that could in essence farm what are now Chromium only teams and today, you'd have diversity with both free and pay players coming up with unique teams, instead of this cookie-cutter setup we have now, which is not the players fault since they are forced to choose this setup due to pricing...

Totally agree. My point is they force the F2P and mild to moderate spenders to resort to cookie cutter teams. Reality is the "whales" unless they just have no self esteem and rely on crushing teams in this game every fight to feel special, will get bored. I'm already bored 18 matches in. I'm so bored with beating the same build over and over and over. I'm swapping out players to even try. Heck I even created a cookie cutter team myself to try and find some joy. Nope.

Bigger things need to be fixed here. Honestly I loved the old retreat. It made it very fun. I hated FC, never used it unless I saw a build I wanted to play more than once against. Frankly I can beat it without retreat old or new. Not bragging, just reality. All this did was make it vastly harder for the vast majority. Many folks could not complete it with retreat, FC, a 4 leaf clover, the grace of god, a horseshoe and Unicorns farting butterflies, but they at least had a better chance and were able to reap more rewards and build a bit faster and compete better each day. These players are going to hit a wall fast and just slam into it every day, become frustrated, leave. Not good.

I know for me my first 2 fights I could win with 1-2 toon squad. They are only 60 lvl purple 4-5* occasional 6*. By fight 3 though I hit 60 purple 6-7* occasional 5*. today by fight 3 I was all lVL 61, not that 61 is a big jump by any means.

It isn't fun to many people except for those who like to game systems of entitlement. You think it was fun because you took advantage of something that shouldn't even occur in a realistic end-game content and you felt like you got a deal. You imagined "couch-potato strategies" to take advantage of the stupid AI such as beating on Chewie/Barriss to reset countdowns and sending in/out tanks to absorb damage, all without thinking that this will not occur in a war of a grand-scale. You are the victim of your own imagination, really. Now, get out of your dreams and face the reality.
  • DarthNight wrote: »
    Perkhan wrote: »

Haha realistic... And yes

Is haha all you can muster up? GW is end-game content and not meant to be easily cleared. It is a tough challenge that only strong realistic teams can complete. You spend your whole day whining on the forums for one simple reason: you cannot clear GW quickly. Everyone that can clear GW quickly will never fight against this change.

Yes GW is end game. Ive cleared it once. This is my 2nd post on forums. And i assume that u are one of the 0.5 % that clear GW on auto? Why do u get so defensive about it?
    [Get real. There is no fun in using "fake and unrealistic strategies" such as sending in tanks to absorb damage and run without suffering any major setbacks to your entire campaign. Get real and play to the rules of brutality in a galactic-scale war.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_fodder
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    [Get real. There is no fun in using "fake and unrealistic strategies" such as sending in tanks to absorb damage and run without suffering any major setbacks to your entire campaign. Get real and play to the rules of brutality in a galactic-scale war.

As if you can send in cannon fodder in a large-scale galactic war without wasting resources valuable to your campaign such as supplies and energy. Don't be silly. You are obviously disillusioned with many years of taking things from others for free.
  • I have been really shocked to see when there are apparently many alternatives to choose EA/CG always chose the most horrible one ... (proved in both Barriss and retreat cases) disappointed and losing will ...
  • Totally respect your opinion, but with regard to the "we don't have that much power to change it back" comment, I don't think that's a great attitude to have.

If the masses don't vocalise their opinions when they aren't happy with something, then nothing will ever change. We are the paying customers (and I use the term 'we' loosely as I'm F2P), we are what keeps the game running long term, and if the majority of us aren't happy then we have the power to influence change.

And I think one of the main issues people have with the change is the complete lack of communication and the fact that it was so out of the blue. It's a MAJOR change, and yet it wasn't in the patch notes, it wasn't even remotely hinted at being changed, and nobody from EA ever even acknowledged that the old retreat tactic wasn't the intended use.

I don't see a problem with their communication. Your expectations are sky-high because you are obviously making comparisons with other companies that you have bought stuff from. If you lookedback on your previous experiences with other game companies, EA/CG are doing well enough. This is a low-profit and volatile industry that doesn't have much resources to allocate to staffing and all kinds of customer-service oriented things. Hack, if they have a lot of money, they would have allocated 2 full-time community managers to deal with all the things here.
  • DarthNight
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    HansOlo wrote: »
    I stopped playing **** because of the new update. Now i realized i wasted another time and money on a game which got a massive change.

How can i beat a lv 58 full team purple with my lv 51 team and other chars between 20-40?!?!

If they change it they should change the matchmaking too and the overall difficulty.

For me i stop spending money for a while. Already spent about 500.

AND NO SKILL RESET AFTER A MATCH!?!??!?

Get real. Galactic wars is end-game content. You are expecting to clear it at level 51 easily. NO, that is unlikely. The only thing you can do is to invest more effort and resources into building a stronger team to complete GW. It is not meant to be a cake walk.
    I am no whale, but over $1,500 in a few weeks I'm not a lite spender either. I'd say I averaged about $350 per week spent.

It isn't fun to many people except for those who like to game systems of entitlement. You think it was fun because you took advantage of something that shouldn't even occur in a realistic end-game content and you felt like you got a deal. You imagined "couch-potato strategies" to take advantage of the stupid AI such as beating on Chewie/Barriss to reset countdowns and sending in/out tanks to absorb damage, all without thinking that this will not occur in a war of a grand-scale. You are the victim of your own imagination, really. Now, get out of your dreams and face the reality.

Yeah bud why not read my other posts I never needed it, I just found it fun. FC is stupid and boring, said by someone with over 30 lvl 60 toons geared and ready to roll. I've breezed through GW since the update without using the cheap I need a reset they now have. I state the fun factor is gone because everyone uses the same easy to beat healer/stun teams. Troll elsewhere Mr. 10 post pal, and get a clue on the meaning of the post before you start insulting people, otherwise you simply look like a fool. Oh wait that may be your reality. Now if you are done trolling a paying customers complaint post the adults were having a conversation.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »
    @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders

heres a vid:

https://youtu.be/HG9pRiMkJP8

Wow, I have done the GW at least 28 times and never saw that much of a lead in opponents. When I was 40-45, my toughest opponent was 50. I never saw a 60 until I was 56-57 range.
    What is your arena ranking? Has anyone ever figured out how the game determines who you face in GW?

Unclear what you are talking about.

he has a bunch of dead 60's, so that is why he is matched up versus that team. He is using his scrubs in the video.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    HansOlo wrote: »
    I stopped playing **** because of the new update. Now i realized i wasted another time and money on a game which got a massive change.

How can i beat a lv 58 full team purple with my lv 51 team and other chars between 20-40?!?!

If they change it they should change the matchmaking too and the overall difficulty.

For me i stop spending money for a while. Already spent about 500.

AND NO SKILL RESET AFTER A MATCH!?!??!?

Get real. Galactic wars is end-game content. You are expecting to clear it at level 51. NO, that is not possible for most. You can only complete it at level 60+ with purple gear. That is a fact and will never change. The only thing you can do is to invest more effort and resources into building a stronger team to complete GW. It is not meant to be a cake walk.

Where do people get this idea that gw is endgame content? In case some have forgotten it unlocks at level 40, while the max is now level 70. Additionally it scales the difficulty of opponents to the player.

Let's step down off our pedestal shall we? GW is not and never was designed as endgame content. It is simply another game mode designed to be completed by all. Endgame content means endgame and is not accessible until you've reached your peak potential.
  • How realistic do you want a scifi game to be?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
    SlyGambit wrote: »

As if you can send in cannon fodder in a large-scale galactic war without wasting resources valuable to your campaign such as supplies and energy. Don't be silly. You are obviously disillusioned with many years of taking things from others for free.

Haha i love u! Anyways i think the new GW is a step back tactical wise, brute force seems to be the only way now. Sad days for ppl who can work around issues like supplies and energy in a mobile game.
  • Cpt_Krob6 wrote: »
    How are you beating gw? I have all purple, all 6 or 7*, Dooku, Sid, JC, Leia, and Kit. Level 61 now. I switch out Kit with Luminari sometimes. I have backups. I usually barely get by 7 fights. The enemies get ridiculous and kill my entire team even at full health in one turn.

The best asvise I can give tou is that if you are finishing any battle eith chars lower than 50% HP and at least 1 healer with Heal ready, or max 1 cooldown away, you wont get past 7.

The second is whi to kill first makes such an enormous difference. Whi do you stun, sid or Daka? Daka can stun 2 chars, so you'd fight Sid with 3 chars. He will not die, and you'll be crushed. If you Pick Daka you are immunity blocked. Hiw to make sure you survive.

Visualize the ENTIRE battle before you go in. If you see a great mustake, chart a different. Don't just drop in any char for variety. If you can anticipate how things will go, you'll have fun.

After you do this, try to anticipate the entire GW needs. For example, it's not uncommon to benagainst a Kylo and Sid enemy 7*. They will crush you. Your Barris isninsurance against those setups, and you also want to at least stun one of those. This will make you use your specials in light of the entire match.

But first things first, if you have all 7* in ine team and get killed 2-3 chars in just one turn, pause, post the image herr and seek advise.

After not usuimg retreat for a while Inhave learned to time things differently. Eh. I usually fire aluminara not only depending on my health, but also on the next 5 turns landscape, in terms of the enemy current HP pool (I try to make sure I use her never later than 3 turns into killing the entire enemy team). I am very careful at when and how I use a heal. And heal management is a key skill to get through so many taunts, debuffs, buffs and blocks.

Good luck!