Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• All the advice here is really good. In addition, make sure to manage your CDs carefully. If an enemy has a sliver of health, don't burn Lumi's Force Blast on them.

Another option is to quickly farm Geonosian Soldier up to 3-4* and use Lumi (L), Sid, Dooku, Geo, Barriss. That fast single-target nuking is crucial to dropping enemy healers or heal blockers in round one.

Also, use some spare credits and droids to level Chewie and Imperial Guard to ~57. You don't really need to gear them or level their skills, but sometimes against really deadly opponents with crippling debuffs (Old Ben, Dooku, Phasma, Sidious, Poe Dameron) it pays to send in a suicide squad and sacrifice some pawns. Chewie and Imp. Guard are particularly good at this task because of their large HP pool.
  • I was on the last stage with my A team and the enemy team wiped them out from full health without 1 chance to attack back. I couldn't even select the retreat button cuz phasmas leader ability kept triggering. This game is so broken. My whole team was 6-7* gear 7-8 gear level. Fix your ****
  • I'm just saying if I'm lv 60 with Sid and Lumi at 6 stars lv 7 gear, the rest of my team is 4 stars and lv 7 gear. Why an I matched against a team with three 7 stars tools 4 levels above me and the rest of their team is no lower than 6 stars? I know the game isn't supposed to be easy but seriously, this is losing any entertainment value it once had...
    They jump on the force close/retreat glitch, fixed that one real quick, but can't seem to balance the teams it populates for GW...
    Players need to band together and not spend money on an unfinished unbalanced glitchy game. I know it still has updates coming but c'mon people, all I see on these forums is people complaining, and no one ever does anything about it. How about if you are dissatisfied with a product, don't give them your money. These companies should not be rewarded for putting out products like this. It's a great game and gas potential but right now it isn't even worth the time we are all spending on it.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Game is a joke in its current state. I guess the 3 people that are currently working on it has taken water over there heads. Don't waste any cash til atleast the full release of the game. If that even happens
  • You guys are truly whining a lot = )) Look for solution, not moaning like a pussy. First, you can still force close even entire team is washed out (like retreat). Second, if you lose GW today, it will be easier tomorrow (if it is still not, you must have been doing something wrong, start fresh or ask others to fix your team). Third, if you keep asking people to fix your problem (moaning in this case), fix your mindset, else your life is gonna be like sheet = )) Hope it is not too much!
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    MoonHunt wrote: »
    You guys are truly whining a lot = )) Look for solution, not moaning like a pussy. First, you can still force close even entire team is washed out (like retreat). Second, if you lose GW today, it will be easier tomorrow (if it is still not, you must have been doing something wrong, start fresh or ask others to fix your team). Third, if you keep asking people to fix your problem (moaning in this case), fix your mindset, else your life is gonna be like sheet = )) Hope it is not too much!

His entire team of 6-7 star characters got wiped out without him getting a SINGLE turn..."stop whining" "l2p" .....

But yes if this is about to happen to you in future you can minimise the game (which auto pauses it) and then force close it from outside. Is basically the as retreat.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    This isn't F2P but for me it's the cadilac of GW:

Bariss, Daka, Lumni, Old Ben, and Geo Soldier.

Got lucky on Old Ben. he's only 4 stars but still owns
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    How many toons do I need for this?
    I did better at lower levels, now it seems to be Phasma, Dooku/Sid Poe teams earlier and earlier.
    I try the cannon fodder to burn their specials, but going in again they always have the first round. Dooku stuns, multi attacks, then it's just carnage, Sid heal immunity ( I don't have Barriss )
    As I level up, I seem to be going backwards.
    Is GW just P2W?
    Should I be happy with my 600 gems a day and reset and shut up.
    ps,....
    Did The Wookie fail tank school ? Why he only get 1 round of taunt? That's a lose against a Poe team.

Use double heal comp, ez. I always lose JC atound the 9th/10th battle.
  • Vomiting wrote: »
    If you get 600 gems a day your in top 5 of arena.

And you can't finish gw....

Your server must be amazing....

I get 700 arena credits a day and am only top 200. I like that area. Pushing for higher is only what, 25 more credits?

I finished my first GW today since the patch. Just have to shuffle things around when needed. The retreat has taken some getting used to but now I am able to read the AI better with it and make necessary changes.

Keep after it. You WILL win!

Syn
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Chronick wrote: »
    Players need to band together and not spend money on an unfinished unbalanced glitchy game. I know it still has updates coming but c'mon people, all I see on these forums is people complaining, and no one ever does anything about it. How about if you are dissatisfied with a product, don't give them your money. These companies should not be rewarded for putting out products like this. It's a great game and gas potential but right now it isn't even worth the time we are all spending on it.

I was probably one of the first people to have this tone over a month ago and many made fun of me, called me a "whiner", told me I don't have a right to speak because I'm F2P, practically anything to discredit me. It's funny to now see so many others now having issues with all the things I mentioned and more. It didn't have to be this way and I like the game as we all do, part of why passionate complaints are coming in.

Hopefully, EA/CG will take it in stride and start fixing things. At minimum, at least fix the bugs and things that are broken first, then add new content. That would be the proper order of things.

In my decades in the technology field, I've always released bug fixes before new content because customers would prefer having a working product with less content, rather than more content and loads of bugs.
  • Here's my team:
    • Barriss 4* (leader)
    • Darth Vader 4*
    • Sid 5*
    • JC 6*
    • Qui Gon Jinn 4*

JC is interchangeable with Luminara. I'll probably make the switch myself at some point but right now, my 6* and gear 7 JC is better than my 5* gear 5 Luminara. Qui Gon is an important part of the team because he generates assists that get a damage boost, plus he can dispel buffs. Unfortunately, he's pay-only so farming him likely will require taking out a second mortgage. However, Dooku could be a viable replacement. He's fast, attacks multiple times and can both stun and ability block opponents. I prefer Barriss as leader over Lumi because Barriss gives extra health and a slightly better passive heal. She can also pseudo-heal through Heal Immunity, which is a godsend when fighting teams with Sid (which is almost all of them).

I'm only level 56 and have completed GW every day since Day 2 after unlocking it. There are some teams I have trouble with but with the new retreat functionality, you can just back out, reset everything and try again. Against opponents that have a particularly high damage output, I'll swap out Vader for Luminara and run with three healers.

As others have mentioned, cooldown management is crucial. Most important is to make sure that you always have your heals available by your second turn of a battle. The first round is when you're going to take the most damage but since most GW teams only have a couple high-damage toons, once you kill them, your passive heal from Barriss should be enough to keep you close to full health. Killing at least one glass cannons in round 1 is critical, though. The longer they live, the more likely it is that you'll have to use another heal late in the battle and that can royally screw you over for the next round. Aim to kill off all their heavy hitters within the first three rounds.

Finish out the battle with only basic attacks so that you have as many specials as possible to start the next fight. Never use Auto because the AI will use your specials as soon as it can and that can cripple you. If you see opponents with Barriss or Chewie, save those two for last. They don't deal much damage but have a ton of health so they give you a great opportunity for the passive heal to get you back to full health and for you to make sure all your cooldowns are reset. This is where Qui Gon is great because he can remove Chewie's taunt right away so I'm not forced to kill him early.

One other thing to remember (and I don't think it's common knowledge) is that GW uses a seed derived from your team composition to generate its random rolls. Who the AI targets on your team and what abilities they use also appears to be derived based on who you choose to attack on their team and your choice of ability. What this means is that if you make the same decisions every time you retreat and come back in, the battle will play out exactly the same way every time. So if something happens that you don't like, change one of your decisions (attack somebody else first or use a different ability) and see what happens.
  • Ioniancat21, I'm with you. I was patient with the Bariss nerf, patient with my glitchy Ventriss, but GW is ruined. Boring, opposite of deep bench. Now I won't spent a red cent in it. And I was not krill (ftp), not a whale. Maybe a medium sized dolphin. Changed my rating to 1 star too. I spend my 10 minutes a day just to keep my hand in. Thank goodness for a boatload of sim tickets!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ioniancat21, I'm with you. I was patient with the Bariss nerf, patient with my glitchy Ventriss, but GW is ruined. Boring, opposite of deep bench. Now I won't spent a red cent in it. And I was not krill (ftp), not a whale. Maybe a medium sized dolphin. Changed my rating to 1 star too. I spend my 10 minutes a day just to keep my hand in. Thank goodness for a boatload of sim tickets!

In my case I've been lucky. I've been playing since around 2 weeks before the official release in the soft launch period so when the GW change came through, it was no big deal since I had a mature team with plenty of 7* toons, along with a nice group of 6* players as well.
    • My primary issues with this game have been prices, which I believe are way to high as most don't have $1000 to farm one player and $5000 to build a team of pay-for characters.
    • My secondary big issue has been all the bugs and this feeling that the product was rushed. My belief was that the product got released too quickly and it wasn't ready by the time TFA came out. They had to put it out there to capitalize on all the hype the movie created, timing was everything.

Funny enough, I haven't complained much about character nerfs and the cheaters using the modded version so I'm not bothered by anything, I'm selective of what dogs I have in this fight.

My only complaint about GW was that it wasn't in the release notes and people were caught off guard by it, which is pretty sloppy in my book since it was the biggest thing in the update worth mentioning.....
  • L2CannonFodder. I seriously doubt you lost your entire team before a single turn. Even if you were so severely out geared, if you throw in 5 lv 1s, the enemy will blow their cd's so your others can have a shot. I usually face full purple 5-6* from about round 5 on. Last few are almost always full 6-7* purples. I throw in level 1s to get sids aoe, then throw in lv 40s to survive long enough to get force blasts from lumi and jc, phasmas advantage or aoe, and/or poes taunt. Once those are down, I bring in my B or C team (depending on prior rounds) to kill Sid or lumi, then A team to mop up. CG has repeatedly stated that GW is SUPPOSED TO BE HARD and you need a deep bench to finish. So it's not broken, it's working as intended.
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Vomiting wrote: »
    If you get 600 gems a day your in top 5 of arena.

And you can't finish gw....

Your server must be amazing....

He obviously meant GW tokens.

Thank god, someone here actually has a brain.
    Green sapphire thing looks like gemstone, yes is a war token.
    My bad thinking people would understand what I was on about....
    I guess these days we have to spell it out for the idiotays.

I guess these days we have to be able to read the minds of those who can't properly articulate their thoughts...

Did you leave school early?
    Seems everyone else gets it.

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ioniancat21, I'm with you. I was patient with the Bariss nerf, patient with my glitchy Ventriss, but GW is ruined. Boring, opposite of deep bench. Now I won't spent a red cent in it. And I was not krill (ftp), not a whale. Maybe a medium sized dolphin. Changed my rating to 1 star too. I spend my 10 minutes a day just to keep my hand in. Thank goodness for a boatload of sim tickets!

Lol right! If not for sim tickets I would've quit long ago.
  • Same question. I'm not sure the difficulty of GW increased by my lvl or by rounds I completed. I usually avoid to complete the last battle to keep the difficulty lower. But I'm not sure if it works.
  • SidneyFan wrote: »
    Same question. I'm not sure the difficulty of GW increased by my lvl or by rounds I completed. I usually avoid to complete the last battle to keep the difficulty lower. But I'm not sure if it works.
    The last round gives 400 more war tokens, some ability materials and a shard or two. I would strongly consider winning that last match.

I haven't found that completing GW makes it any harder the next time.

• Until your all of your teams are max level with max gear there's no way to know what is balanced or not. These threads are getting so old.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    murton09 wrote: »
    Until your all of your teams are max level with max gear there's no way to know what is balanced or not. These threads are getting so old.

And that argument is even worse, or we all should have to pay thousands and thousands to get every char maxed, then we have the right to show the most obvious stupid thing in the world? I guess not!
  • Otar wrote: »
    murton09 wrote: »
    Until your all of your teams are max level with max gear there's no way to know what is balanced or not. These threads are getting so old.

And that argument is even worse, or we all should have to pay thousands and thousands to get every char maxed, then we have the right to show the most obvious stupid thing in the world? I guess not!

How is it obvious? You want your underpowered, incomplete team to be able to compete for top spot and it can't so that means there's an obvious imbalance???

Amazing logic.
  • I swear, when you go on one of these rng 'cold streaks' it really truly sucks. Take my last two arena matches....I was in the lead...Lumi was at 0 health ready to die...and she avoids not 1, not 2, but 4 straight attacks. At which point she managed to o force blast my own out of existence. Then Sid dodged, Boba revived 4 times, and 5 straight crits later I'm dead.
    Match before....again seem to be in the lead. Then Phasma skill perks 5 straight times(once where Dooku perked off a perk with a bonus from the perk). Gah! If I didn't love my phone so much....

Anyway no point to this thread really, just needed to vent.
  • I feel u bro. Theres gonna be a lot of people that will lash out at you for whining, but im on ur side. RNG is total bullwaste and it needs to calculate and readjust itself to not go on streaks. No PvP should come down to an RNG streak. They need to rework it. And that freekin target switch
  • It's like when Sid bodges 6 straight attacks
  • It almost seems to me that GW was recently made easier. The last three days I've completed it with 0 resets and really not even being close to having anything die.

My Setup -
    7* Lum
    7* JC
    6* Sid
    5* Daka
    5* Phasma

Basically my strategy is to wipe out Sid first (since he's in the majority of comps), and then pick apart the heavy hitters second. I generally keep stuns on the heavy hitters, unless Sids heal-immune misses - then I obviously hit the healer. Obviously focusing healers last (Except for Lum, those Force Blasts hurt)

The opponent AI is just flat out bad and predictable. Am I just out gearing GW, and the mass public on these forums are under geared?

FWIW, I am P2P. I've spent about 45 dollars.
  • Lol "why is my high star team able to complete GW but lesser teams complain about it?" Hmm, let me think about that one....
  • That's my point. Galactic War is suppose to be "end game". That much was even stated.
  • Some days I feel like a nut, some days I don't.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Some days you're the Force Blast, some days you're the Sid that just dodged one. Wait...both of those are good.

Uh some days you're the FOTP blast, some days you're the Lumi that dodged it. Wait, that's not right either.

Some days you're the thrown lightsaber, some days you're the Dooku that counterattacks several times. Ah, heck.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.