Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• You can reset the fight as many times as you want and try different things and take different steps until you win.

Since everything is "scripted", if you make the same actions the same things will happen, and the smallest changes can change the entire fight,

but you can redo it as many times as you want.
  • First of all; I love Groundhog Day!

Second; what exactly is the point of this post when it's telling us something every single GoH player already knows?
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    MoonHunt wrote: »
    You guys are truly whining a lot = )) Look for solution, not moaning like a pussy. First, you can still force close even entire team is washed out (like retreat). Second, if you lose GW today, it will be easier tomorrow (if it is still not, you must have been doing something wrong, start fresh or ask others to fix your team). Third, if you keep asking people to fix your problem (moaning in this case), fix your mindset, else your life is gonna be like sheet = )) Hope it is not too much!

His entire team of 6-7 star characters got wiped out without him getting a SINGLE turn..."stop whining" "l2p" .....

But yes if this is about to happen to you in future you can minimise the game (which auto pauses it) and then force close it from outside. Is basically the as retreat.

There wasn't anything I could do. He had first order officer, han, kylo, phasma and unduli. It was **** to the max
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    RNG was bipolar for me today. When trying to pull shards I got one 2 Kylo after simming all my cantina energy on him. I got 1 Rey and 0 Dooku out of 6 tries each.
    But on GW, I made it through 12 attacks without one retreat using the same 5 heroes throughout all 12 battles. Three of the battles I didn't have to use a heal.
  • Mako482
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ever since this patch I have not gotten 1 Tie Fighter Pilot shard from the 3x per day 16 energy missions. I have done 3x per day since patch, not.....one......shard. Before that I was at least getting 1 out of three. Remarkably enough since the patch this same toon has been for sale in the shipments 3x shards for 180 crystals. Well isn't that just a strange coincidence?

I have spent some money on this game, but all I see you doing is taking more free from me and expecting me to give you more money. I don't mind spending some money here and there, but if you are going to tell me I can farm something on the side, let me freaking do it.

You got money from me, and if not for this you would surely get more. But you are getting greedy now, and it is going to cost you in the long run. Whales will not keep your pockets lined forever, once they get bored because they paid to win and there is no more challenge they will move on to the next best thing. Nice game, poor bait and switch tactics. You got us all hooked and now you're changing it up in hopes we will buy crystals every day. Good luck with that.
  • Seems like quite a cold streak. Sorry to hear that.

Here's an informative post on what could possibly be the problem:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6818/why-drop-rates-seem-so-low-and-cruel-math-and-psychology#latest

I understand your frustration with farming for the Tie Fighter Pilot's shards. Maybe you are getting better drops at another mission? In others, perhaps a cold streak at one place, but a hot streak at another. In any case, hope drops get better for you.

• Very cruel streak of bad luck. Personally I've never had a good streak on TIE myself but never faced something as bad as what you have. Worst case, a day without shards from 9 sims/ 3 missions on any character.

Hope your luck changes and you go through a very, very good streak!
  • You're doing it wrong. I've gotten 6/12 tie pilot with 1 refresh of each today. Of course yesterday I only got 2 but that's how it goes. I haven't seen any in shipments though.It's pure luck it's not a conspiracy and ea is not a criminal mastermind dedicated to the destruction of mankind and eradication of all life...
  • Mako482 wrote: »
    Ever since this patch I have not gotten 1 Tie Fighter Pilot shard from the 3x per day 16 energy missions. I have done 3x per day since patch, not.....one......shard. Before that I was at least getting 1 out of three. Remarkably enough since the patch this same toon has been for sale in the shipments 3x shards for 180 crystals. Well isn't that just a strange coincidence?

I have spent some money on this game, but all I see you doing is taking more free from me and expecting me to give you more money. I don't mind spending some money here and there, but if you are going to tell me I can farm something on the side, let me freaking do it.

You got money from me, and if not for this you would surely get more. But you are getting greedy now, and it is going to cost you in the long run. Whales will not keep your pockets lined forever, once they get bored because they paid to win and there is no more challenge they will move on to the next best thing. Nice game, poor bait and switch tactics. You got us all hooked and now you're changing it up in hopes we will buy crystals every day. Good luck with that.

Lol I didn't even realize that TFP could be farmed! I'll add him to the back burner after I finish Rey in 3 months (give or take)
  • Hi, I'm a new player. I've gotten up to level 47 but in the Galactic war I am constantly getting matchups with teams that consist of levels 55-59 and i'm only halfway through. Is this normal and if so what is the point? The majority of my attacks miss and they wipe me out pretty fast. Why can't they find more matchups with players my level? Is the game population small or something?
  • Long story short, GW is super difficult until you unlock Lumi if you are F2P.

In your case...holy ****, a 47 having to consistently beat 59 seems out of the ordinary. I am 51 and will occasionally see a 59...which is when you have to bring out the retreat function for an hour at times...
  • Agreed, they really need to change that. Put time, effort and money into it and just feel cheated when you play a team that much higher.
  • Oh, and I think they match you other teams from other servers also. Totally random.
  • Just looking for some idea on what to do, just finished off Luminara getting her to 7*. Now I'm wondering what to do next, I hear some people suggesting to stockpile as changes are on the way. Or should I start investing into another hero such as Captain plasma or IG86. Thanks for the input.
  • I would say max out Phasma.

Hard for me to believe they will change the shipments like that...
  • No one knows if things will change or not. Phasma is worth having whether she's available from the GW shipments or not and it seems very unlikely that she won't be farmable after an update. I'd go for her.

What people are actually suggesting is that after you have Lumi, Phasma and Poggle maxed it might be worth holding on to the tokens because they don't believe any of the others in the shipments are that great compared to what may be in the shipments in the future.
  • Another thing I see is that Talia doesn't receive group heals from consular sometimes, even though she doesn't have a healing debuff
  • Once you get lumi to 7* get poggle to 7* then ig86 and if you want phasma
  • I did a search and could not find anything on this yet, I apologize if it is already up here somewhere.

I just finished GW levels 8 and 9.

It looks like the reward have been changed.

I drew a shard on level 8, and level 9 did not have the purple crafting material that it has always has had in the past.

I really hope they have not changed the amount of purple crafting materials awarded.. one of the biggest reasons for playing.

I am going to try and complete it now on will report back on what I was awarded.

If anyone else can also report it would be welcome information.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid
  • I got a purple mat and no shard, my midnight was 8 hours ago which was after a post of 2 or 3 people stating they got 3ish shard drops in gw, might be giving more shards and less purple mats (luck from rng) which kinda sucks for me personally if I encounter it, so far I haven't.
  • i've had shards after beating 8 in the past so nothing change and no shards for beating 9. Don't know about not getting a purple for 9, could be just bad rng
  • I have not noticed any changes. I get one shard for beating the last stage, and one or two purple mats for the last few.
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for replying.

I just finished GW and was awarded a total of two purple materials today one each for the last two missions.

I have completed GW each day for about ten days in a row.

I have never received less than three purple materials before today.

I am having trouble believing that they are lowering the rewards after all the complaints about how hard it is to finish since the change.

As far as Im concerned they can keep their **** shards but don't take away the purple crafting materials.... how do they expect us to "deepen our benches" if they start giving us less crafting material for completing the hardest part of the game!!!!!

I haven't complained about GW yet but this has got me upset.

I am going to report back here when I complete it tomorrow so that others will know whats up. I encourage anyone else that is concerned to do the same as I believe that they have changed it..... either that or I had incredibly good rnd..

Thanks all!
    Trentazoid
  • Matchmaking is pretty broken in GW. It's not uncommon to get a severely OP team early on just from sheer random bad luck.

They really do need to fix it so at the very least teams progressively get more difficult. The irony is that you will probably see a level 49 team next after you beat that 59 team. It's totally wonky.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    No reward other then currency is guaranteed. Its all rng on what will drop for you as i understand it
  • RNG
  • Interesting about the shard 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through. I've never seen that
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Until tomorrow, just completed it for the day :p

So I have a few more days to 7 star FO officer, I'm thinking of jumping on the poe bandwagon but I'm not sure if I should.

I have him at 3 stars from a lucky Bronz pull, assuming he is maxed out everywhere else at how many stars would he be useful against top 5 arena teams?

Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • For Poe it's more about gear level than stars. Higher gear gets him the much needed speed bonus to go first and change the whole match. Character lvl 60 is HUGE for him.