Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Nobody knows.. i'm sorry..

It is known.
    Kesiss wrote: »
    How are they determined?

I won my first 3 galactic war against very easy opponents. Today, I am having trouble 4 matches in.

How well you perform in arena (your arena ranking when 'resetting' the GW) and your highest 5 power determine your GW opponents.

We don't know how either of those influence the GW seeding but that is as straight answer as it gets from devs.

Source?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Enhancement Request: Apply GW post-match heal not just to in-match characters but also to any hurt characters on your bench.

So in GW today when you complete a match with your characters the ones that you use get a modest heal. I believe it's between 5-10% of their health but it happens so quickly it's hard to notice. I think that it would add to the enjoyment of the game if that heal was also applied to injured characters on your bench.

Since the change to retreat the biggest problem I have in terms of having fun is if one of my characters is very low health at the end of a match I no longer can bring him back. Even if I am able to get a first-turn heal ready for them the chances of a Sid/Phasma AOE plus the seemingly improved AI that targets low health toons better means that they are as good as unusable.

Now I understand that the good folks at CG/EA put in the change to retreat to make it harder to complete and supposedly to force people to use their bench more but in reality people are replaying matches until their critical -to-success characters are healthy at the end of a match. Because of that people are continuing to under-utilize their bench.

If there was a modicum of healing of bench characters I believe that more people would end matches with unhealthy characters leading them to use more characters from their bench. Obviously it will take a few matches to get guys back up to a useable point.
  • Does anyone else just absolutely hate it? It feels like a waste of time. If I didn't need the war tokens I would never waste my time with that mode.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    And yet, despite that, it is the least boring aspect of the game. I mean what else do we have:
    - Old LS/DS missions, which we sim because they are easy and we've done them many times.
    - New LS/DS missions, which are mostly easy for experienced players.
    - Cantina: same deal.
    - Challenges that aren't.
    - PvP, where the only challenge is either spending obscene amounts of money or making the F2P FOTM build, and then scheduling when I work or cook dinner around a game, something many cannot or will not do.
    What else is there here? When you boil it down, there's really not much to do in this game.
    GW used to be "the" mode for me. I would do it while going for a walk, I'd get an hour of exercise while being so engrossed in the game that I didn't notice it.
    But now, it's a chore. Many people have given this feedback in the official thread on it, but I don't think they will ever change it back. If anything, they have hinted that they will make it even worse by removing the ability to reseed the RNG on a fight.
    I seriously hope they roll out new game modes soon. Because it's more interesting to talk about the game on the forums than to play it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Make it interesting for yourself if you do not need the tokens anyways...

Like beating it without changing team (ez... I know) or without healers or with 3 chars per fight only or a combination of all.

People want sandboxes but are not able to use a shovel as it seems :lol:

Edit: sry i misred that you need the tokens... in this case I agree it is a grind... but with the new retreat function you still can make it more interesting if you want.
  • Actually GW kind of is a sandbox, because of what the poster above said. You can be halfway through a fight, retreat, and start over to try something else.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    And yet, despite that, it is the least boring aspect of the game. I mean what else do we have:
    - Old LS/DS missions, which we sim because they are easy and we've done them many times.
    - PvP, where the only challenge is either spending obscene amounts of money or making the F2P FOTM build, and then scheduling when I work or cook dinner around a game, something many cannot or will not do.
    What else is there here? When you boil it down, there's really not much to do in this game.
    GW used to be "the" mode for me. I would do it while going for a walk, I'd get an hour of exercise while being so engrossed in the game that I didn't notice it.
    But now, it's a chore. Many people have given this feedback in the official thread on it, but I don't think they will ever change it back. If anything, they have hinted that they will make it even worse by removing the ability to reseed the RNG on a fight.
    I seriously hope they roll out new game modes soon. Because it's more interesting to talk about the game on the forums than to play it.

I've recently noticed that on a couple of matches I've sent a squad into battle and had the first move then because of a deflect or something to that effect I restarted the match with the exact same squad and had their dooku or sid go first instead of mine. On other matches I've sent the exact same squad after a retreat and had the other team attack somebody completely different on my team when they had the first move. It would seem they've already made some changes to the rng system.
  • I noticed that too. Can't say I'm unhappy with the fix, static RNG was really boring.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    g0merPieL wrote: »
    Actually GW kind of is a sandbox, because of what the poster above said. You can be halfway through a fight, retreat, and start over to try something else.
    Except that if you're using a weak team to see what they're like, you may get wiped out and lose them all before you get to retreat. Guess you could force-close if you're fast enough.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Same here but it has gotten lame. I fight 10-12 maxed 7* at or above my lvl. I'm 65 btw. For what really? I have gooten Ewowk scout, Tebow, RG, and Cad Bane single shards the last 4 days. I see shots of people getting Barriss plus a Shard. I hear Maul shards. Nope the fodder shards here for going through a heck walk.

I LOVED GW but now it is simply repetitive **** with poor reward.
  • Actually without the Star Wars label, this game is fluk. Challenges- boring ls/ds missions- boring arena- only 5 tries a day??

GW- from strategy to RnG
  • Andrico
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I enjoyed what little strategy there was in the original GW: bringing in low health heroes towards the end of a fight to heal up or get their specials off cooldown, etc, but now it's just reset the fight until you get a favorable outcome. It's not more difficult now, it's just more tedious.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Have to say I agree, GW is becomming a borring grind, hope they implement something in the new update that makes gaming come back into the game, grinding a gazillion purple gear thingies isn't gaming, its just grinding
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
    But now, it's a chore.
    I have 2 words for you mate, burn-out.

Take a month break and you'll miss killing scripted AI in the arena that we call PvP.

Qeltar hit the nail on the head. It has become a bit boring but it is the least boring part of the app.

I have been playing since the start of December and I really don't know how any long time users like me don't find everything repetitive and boring by now and I don't know how they can keep forking out money on that.

The only thing that gives me some interest is unlocking new characters and gearing them up. Even then, the interest is lost after I have used them a couple times in various modes.

I unlocked Boba today and will unlock HK47 tonight after the arena awards so this may keep me interested for the new few days...then after the newness wears off, I'll get back to thinking about how tedious it is to have to level and gear them up and the grind that will be, especially since I still have to focus on leveling up my top 6 guys to keep pace with the level cap.

As it is, the app seems to be designed for the long haul but the problem is there isn't enough stuff to do to keep all but the most diehards from getting bored and sticking with it. The app really needs some new modes and GOOD new modes.

In a way, I wish I could go back to being a new player as it was more enjoyable then as everything was new and you kept progressing. Now there isn't any real progress for me. Sure, I could try and finish better than 45 in the arena and do more of the new cantina and ds/ls battles but they're the same as the others so there isn't much desire for that and with arena, the way arena is set up is annoying. Finished yesterday at 50 and I'm right now 88th so it's going to be another day of just fighting to get back to where I was, swapping places with basically the same group of teams as the last 4 or 5 days. Yay.

So yeah, it'd be cool to be able to go back to being a new player...that or just not download the app in the first place.
  • I think GW is fun but I seem to be in the minority. this is a freemium time waster engineered to take your money made by EA for chrissakes ... I find it amusing people expect compelling gameplay at all. Enjoy the grind and the shiny Star Wars pixels cuz that's all this is ever going to be.
  • Whole game getting blah fast IMO. They better introduce some badass characters and features and quickly. I dont know what can be done to break the monotonicity except maybe REAL pvp tournaments (actual player vs player), with spectator functionality, and guild events that are super extremely difficult (nearly impossible for all but the best) with increasing rewards depending on how far your guild gets.
  • Avalanche5502
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Perhaps others have noticed, but in galactic war in particular there is an interesting result in what I've found.

1st) Essentially once the fight has started and the first character moves or has the option to move, the RNG will be set and all of the deflects, resists, and turn orders will be exactly the same if you choose exactly the same moves for that fight.

2nd) If you can select a different person on the other team prior to the leader abilities activating and/or before the first character in the fight moves or has the option to move, you will receive a different RNG and all of the deflects, resists, and turn orders will be exactly the same if you choose exactly the same moves for that fight.

That being said, there seems to be five total possible RNG templates that you can access for any one galactic war battle, which you can switch between by highlighting different enemies prior to the first move of the fight.

Thoughts?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    The devs already said that the Random seed going into GW is the same if you don't alter your team. Swapping leaders or swapping out a character will change the seed.
    Otherwise, resetting the war with the same characters and leader will keep the turn order and the results. However, as you said, if you change your first attack you can alter the results a little.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    hnewton wrote: »
    Does anyone else just absolutely hate it? It feels like a waste of time. If I didn't need the war tokens I would never waste my time with that mode.

For me the most significant thing about it are the purple ability mats.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    When I face a team that I usually see in the Arena, I back out and try different combos and ideas. It's kind of fun trying different things.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I think they make the GW a lot easy after so many whiner complained because it was too hard for them. Yesterday I finish in less than 20mins(auto attack) and with 1 death. I didn't really need to use suicude squads and retreat 3 times only.

Challenge, Sim is a chore for me because too easy.
    GW I try play without using any Suicide squad When i face an challenge team. Pretty much GW is my arena practice place.
    Arena and Stage 6 Dark(hard) is Interesting and I found it not boring.

• Level 57 here ftp, top 100 in arena and I have never lost a GW. With that said it's super boring now since the change to GW.

While playing it earlier today I was thinking this used to be one of my favorite game modes to play in the 4 different games I am playing now.

I used to wake up in the morning looking forward to the challenge and whatever strategy I was gonna use, and when to sub players in and out. Now it's just a repetitive tedious mode that you can reset when rng is not on your side.

And since it's required to play for the rewards to build a competitive arena team I am quickly getting bored of the entire game knowing I have to play such a boring ridiculously tedious mode. Amazing how fast I went from loving the game to finding it a bore just cause of one terrible decision by the devs.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think GW got nerf, thanks to those whiner. I'm Lv64 and last night my first battle is lv49.. I finish the game in less than 25mins

Battle 1-8 most of the time i use auto attack with little help.
    battle 9-12 i manually play it but still too easy.
    I only have my JC got killed in the 11th battle.
  • GW is fun when you get owned by a team with bonus attack back to back. Wipe you even before your first hit.
    Hehehe...love it.
  • What are thoughts on the changes to gw?
    Personally I think it ruined the game on my server. I went from making it to at least battle 11 every day to maybe battle 7. Since gw is a must play to advance the new update makes all but the top players heavily handicapped.

Im looking for opinions on the update, not keyboard commandos calling me a whiner.
  • I like it better, but that's just me. On my server there seems to be more variety of teams than before. I can totally see how it would be tough for newer players though.
  • I wonder if that means they need to balance the servers then... it's not like that on mine.

The experiences explained by others on other posts do seem to suggest that your server makes a major impact on your game.
  • I am still able to consistently complete it each day without losing too much of my roster, however it does feel a little more tedious now without having the old retreat and maybe slightly more stressful without some of the end of battle recuperation time.
  • Another GW ruined thread /facepalm