Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Tedious. I never force closed, even after learning of it and find it easier now but way less fun.
    Haven't failed to complete it since the change. Today I even faced a full 7* level 70 squad and I'm only 65.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It has impacted me in almost no way. If anything, it's faster because I'm not retreating any more.
  • It is just different. It is forcing more than 1 great team
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    To be honest I think it made it too easy... it's more time consuming as a result too if there is one very difficult node...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • It's easier if you have at least a "b" team. I can see it challenging if you don't have a deep roster. But with time, it will come.

It seems like the focus has been shifted on going through GW with the A team, to utilizing the other heroes in your Arsenal.

It actually still works kind of the same way. If I send in a "feeder team" the enemy squad burns all their cooldowns on my feeder squad and then I bring in my A team and clean up.
  • It's more aggravating than fun...not how I want to spend my time in a waiting room killing time.
  • And to all that find it easy and never lose....post videos of this.
  • I beat it daily with no losses.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Nol_el_en wrote: »
    And to all that find it easy and never lose....post videos of this.

It's easy not because I don't lose.. it's easy because I can retreat and keep retreating it til I get a favorable outcome... I don't even need to change my squad over half the time.

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I miss the old retreat feature but still completing it consistently. Some days just take a little longer than others.
  • MousseTampi
    88 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    its completely fine just bring lots of healers, make lumi your leader for extra health regen and dodge. i use daka, lumi, kylo, sid, dooku for hard hitting stunner team, my B team is daka, lumi, jc, talia, bariss, just dont let a healer die because every one of them is so important.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Ruined in my opinion. Still can complete it but it gets frustrating waiting for the right RnG
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    it make it easier because i can use retreat instead "Force close".
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »
    Nol_el_en wrote: »
    And to all that find it easy and never lose....post videos of this.

It's easy not because I don't lose.. it's easy because I can retreat and keep retreating it til I get a favorable outcome... I don't even need to change my squad over half the time.

There are several guides for the new GW. One of my favorite tricks to change the RNG is when the battle starts, before your first enemy takes their turn, quickly change your target, which will result in the opening move or moves targeting different toons, maybe a miss instead of a hit, etc.

The other tip was to not use JC or Lumi force push on Sid because of extra dodge against Jedi, but that the standard light Saber hit has a better chance of landing.

I know how it works, was just responding to the guy who says he needed evidence it's easier! For me it is cause the old retreat, actually meant I would be more likely to lose characters. Now if I lose anyone I just retreat and it resets everyone.. The old system if some one died and you retreated, that person stays dead til the next reset the following day... Hence why imo this system makes it easier

EDIT

To give you a comparison...

Prior to the change... I would easily lose 50% of my roster by the time I get to the end of the GW every day.. roughly 20 characters

With the retreat change... I rarely lose more than 3 characters from my roster by the time I get to the end... In fact yesterday was the first time I lost more than 3 characters by the time I got to the end...

And the change actually hasn't even made me use any of my other members of my roster.. actually its done the reverse.. I use only my primary team with the current retreat change... in the past prior to the retreat change I had three teams which I rotated in and out.
    Post edited by Skye on

• Sorry, I understand it should be challenging but why the **** am i fighting someone whos 15 levels higher????????????????
  • So the outcomes seem to be somewhat predetermined. I retreated and restarted the same match around 30 times. Attacked the Talia with Sid first every time and every time he did 2200 damage and she resisted heal immunity every time. Now explain....
  • Sooo, EA/CG, what is the story behind the recent drastic changes to GW? Why is it that that difficulty has shifted from opponents in the last few nodes being a bit more powerful than your best 5, to several opponents starting at node four that simply curbstomp your top five after blowing their specials using a suicide squad? Why do I get the feeling this change to retreat is meant to erase your A squad without being able to replace one or two fallen members? Why is there no explanation anywhere as to how opponents are selected? It would be kind of convenient to be able to know how we should tailor our team to maximize gw success, since it would probably come at the expense of arena success but at least we could make a choice not shrouded by mystery.
  • Screenshot_2016-01-31-12-36-58_zpssizj1kcv.png
  • Screenshot_2016-01-30-12-38-08_zpsbyuw40fi.png
  • Screenshot_2016-01-29-15-55-28_zpsdkdvzeve.png
  • Screenshot_2016-01-29-14-50-26_zpsyqjf2ecz.png
  • Screenshot_2016-01-28-11-55-52_zpsgw4aasqv.png
  • Looks like you won?
  • How is my 20,100 power squad supposed to come close to denting any of these teams? Seriously? I refuse to spend one more second endlessly retreating trying to land 1/4 of the debuffs my clearly superior enemies land and I will instead flog this thread with the evidence and it will serve as a constant reminder that we are being compelled to spend money in order to compete with teams that are stronger than any on our server leaderboard. I mean where do you find these teams that are higher level than maximum level F2P teams on its server?
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Looks like you won?

I havent won in five days; had won every war for about a week beforehand.
  • All easy. Don't get where the problem is. I use the same 5 men from start till the end. They all are pretty easy to beat tbh. Don't get me wrong pal, I am not p2p/p2w, and I run through GW with no probs.
    The team I run is Lumi(L) 7*, Sid 7*, JC 6*, Poggle 7* and GS 5*, all full geared. When I got my QGJ there will be some good times. Eeth Koth works pretty well here, cuz his stun is pretty reliable. Need 2 more days to make my Eeth 6* and I think GW will be nothing more than 20-30 min of fun. The opponents i get are slightly tougher that these that you posted here and still I have no problems. Usually I face 7* Leia and FOTP in the last 2-3 nods, but with Eeth and Dooku is pretty easy.
    With GS and Poggle, the enemy team FOTP doesn't stand a chance.
    I can tell you one thing - make your squad stronger by putting some heavy hitters and you will have good time too.
  • What star and gear level are your toons? And how deep is your roster?
  • When I started my gw today, from third war itself my opponents where double my strength. Somehow I managed till fifth war but after that it is impossible. All my players were dead.

EA is playing a menace. There is no fun if I can't even go half the way.