AI Turn Progression/System

Hoping someone can help explain the subject in regards to the following example.

Was retreating in and out of a GW match to find and ideal team setup. The battle went as follows:

Battle 1 - Enemy Dooku magic fingers Ren, stuns him and Sid. I retreat out.

Battle 2 - Same thing.

Battle 3 - Same thing.

Battle 4 - Same thing.

Battle 5 - Same thing.

At that point I was just curious if it'd ever change. It didn't. I think I saw a discussion on this in another post but wasn't resolved, or at least no consensus was reached. So is every possible outcome of the AI does and all your possible moves considered in advanced and then a decision reached as to the outcome,and then you're simply acting it out?

After I got done experimenting, I changed my team up and the match changed with it. I should've kept experimenting with that one too,but was bored by then. I guess I can try and replicate at any time though.

Thoughts?

Replies

• RNG pulls a seed when you first enter the match. Unless you change some of your characters, change their order or change the order you attack the opponent in - nothing will change. Eventually, after some period of time I'm sure the seed will change also...no idea how long that would take, though.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Check the sticky posts, devs have a good discussion there about how RNG's work.
  • In my experience, if the enemy attacks first, the only way to potentially change who they hit first, is to swap the order of one of the characters in your lineup. If I went in with Sid as lead, and Lum as second slot, I will retreat and put Lum as leader, and Sid as second. This will usually cause their first attack to be different, and the subsequent attacks to be different from the first set you were experiencing as well. It may not be a better set of attacks though.

If you have the first attack, the aforementioned can apply as far as who dodges, resists, or gets crit by your attacks. If you use setup 1, and the enemy Ewok Scout dodges the very first attack, it will dodge it every time you target it first. Now, instead of swapping the order of your lineup, you can try attacking the Jawa first, then go back to Ewok Scout, and this may give you a different set of enemy responses to deal with. Same with targeting other characters; try focusing down characters that you wouldn't normally go after at the start, and you may get different results.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    This morning, while doing GW, the AI kept stunning my Luminara who was in the from row on the far left. So I retreated and swapped the order of my toons. When I re-entered I found the AI attacked a new toon, but the one still in the front row on the far left. I swapped toons around two more times for s&g to see what would happen, and each time the AI attacked the same spot. It got me curious if the AI predetermines a location to attack if it's the same roster and only truly changed the seed if the roster is genuinely changed by at least one toon.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    These seeds kinda scare me honestly. Is everything really a roal based on percentage or in how many other areas of the game is this method used? Maybe I'm just sounding a little slow in the head or tinfoilhaterish
  • I think what's really strange to me is how exactly the same it is. In a match today I have the same thing going. Their sid resists my sid's debuff each time, and then their sid's AoE response hits everyone, and crits the same three people, for the same exact dmg, each time. So there can't be any unique rolls happening. How do you know it's not the same for arena?
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Check the sticky posts, devs have a good discussion there about how RNG's work.

Missed this, and just went and checked it out. It makes more sense now, but still doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. Thanks for pointing me there though.