Turn meter manipulation - I'm convinced

Yendor
261 posts Member
edited January 2016
Having played a Sid,lumi,JC,dooku, Fett team in arenas for a month I started working on a FO team a few weeks ago and then decided to add Poe for turn meter manipulation after reading several posts last week.

The grind is going slowly but tonight I decided to experiment even though the team isn't fully built

Phasma and FOTP are 4* and not quite full gear, 5* Ren, 4* Poe. Still haven't unlocked Foo so I sub'd in dooku. Team was underpowered at first, FOTP not hitting hard enough and the team in general not fairing well, so I swapped in 7* sid and lumi for dooku and FOTP which put the team at 19100 power.

Team did much better and marched to 2. Succesfully defended spot 2 from what I'm guessing was the 22500 power 7* Sid led team I had just knocked out of that spot and then beat a 7* qui gon led team with 22700 power pretty easily to claim #1.

Now I know taking a lower power team to #1 isn't that difficult because of the arena ai and I apologize if this just looks like a self agrandizing post. That's not my intention at all. This was just supposed to be a trial run of a team that is far from ready for prime time and I was honestly shocked by how much better it did than I expected.

I should have phasma at 5* Sunday and 7 in 2 weeks and Ren will be be 7* in 10. My plan is to work towards phasma, Ren, FOTP, Foo and Poe.

Of course when the new toons drop, everything changes, but I think this will still be a viable team.

By the way, I haven't decided if I'm going to put money in to level up FOTP, yet but he can be replaced by any farmable glass cannon and this team is still rock solid for F2P

Anyway, I really just wanted to share my experience with the community in case there were some who were considering but still on the fence regarding turn meter teams

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for this post. I was thinking of building a very similar team, so this information is highly useful! Also, congrats on your success.
  • Options
    I have that team but I have poggle instead of foo. I take out most top 5 teams in my server in just under a minute. Great team.
  • Options
    Yes, thanks for posing since a FO team is one I plan on building, assuming I don't quit the game.

Right now I am mainly focusing on building a droid team since i'm getting a bit bored of my regular, Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, Fives team.
  • Options
    My team

Phasma, FOO, FOTP, Storm trooper Han, Kyle Ren.

To start the match you can pin down any enemy with FOO usually removing half their turn meter. Secondly, you can use phasma to give everyone advantage and boost their turn meter ahead of the enemies. Usually after this someone is dead because of the second attack buff. Next you can use FOTF to take out whoever you want with two devastating attacks. Next you use Hans team buff to give taunt and more meter fill. Now FOO is ready to attack again and time to mop up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone will be running these sorts of teams soon unless they reign in the excessive damage relative to health and the overpowered nature of speed and turn meter manipulation. We'll see if they are actually paying attention when the next "real" update happens.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Everyone will be running these sorts of teams soon unless they reign in the excessive damage relative to health and the overpowered nature of speed and turn meter manipulation. We'll see if they are actually paying attention when the next "real" update happens.

I hope they will. Damage is definitely too high for health pools and it's glaringly obvious with everyone's choices in team comp. I'm finding arena more and more [edit: insert another censored word here, wow, it's not a bad word EA, what the....] every day. Each match has become a "whose Poe fires first" gambling, with added bet on "will my dooku or daka stun in round 1"? Makes me facepalm, I like Poe, and would still use him if they removed the turn meter thing aside.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for posing since a FO team is one I plan on building, assuming I don't quit the game.

Right now I am mainly focusing on building a droid team since i'm getting a bit bored of my regular, Sid, Dooku, Lumi, JC, Fives team.

Do you have Lobot for your droid team or are you going to go with Poggle as leader?

I'm leveling up my Lobot to head a droid team and plan to farm Poggle for the 5th spot once my Phasma is at 7* in about a week.
    My Lobot is 5*, IG-88 5*, HK-47 will be 5* tomorrow, and IG-86 at 4*. I also unlocked IG-100 but I have no plans to develop him at this time.
    I've tried the squad in cantina and it's impressive so far. Needs starring up to 7* to cut in my server for arena though.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

I hope they will. Damage is definitely too high for health pools and it's glaringly obvious with everyone's choices in team comp. I'm finding arena more and more [edit: insert another censored word here, wow, it's not a bad word EA, what the....] every day. Each match has become a "whose Poe fires first" gambling, with added bet on "will my dooku or daka stun in round 1"? Makes me facepalm, I like Poe, and would still use him if they removed the turn meter thing aside.

I usually finish top 15 by arena rewards and that's pretty much how it is when I attack someone. If my Poe goes first, I can beat anyone in my arena. If theirs goes first, then it's auto-lose for me. Poe is stomping even more now since he's at the 143 speed mark.