Want me to buy regular shipment toons?

Telaan
3454 posts Member
edited January 2016
Then please offer us ones worth buying. This is a typical example of my shipment options.

image_zpshr0dtqbp.png

I only see worthwhile toons maybe two or three times a week. This would be an excellent means of getting people to spend crystals on something they want.

Has this ever been considered or a discussion? @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten

Replies

• Just because it isn't worthwhile to you, doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile to others. I've seen useful stuff in their (in my opinion) on many occasions, but I refuse to pay the price.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I know the feeling all to well, scout, RG, snow and clone, I for one are not paying 50 crystals per shard for any of those toons
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Someone farming ima gun di, as an example, may find 3 shards for 150 crystals worthwhile because of the current drop rate and limited ability to run hard nodes. Just because you refuse to pay the price doesn't mean others won't.

Most of my available options are for starter toon and other nameless toon shards. Let's be real, no one finds them truly useful aside from those with no other option. The next most common ones are for easily farmed toons like Luminara or Boba. I would like to see other toons such as ima, Anakin, and other more useful toons who are difficult to farm be rotated in more regularly.

Additionally, chromium exclusive toon should be included as well. I shouldn't have to go into detail as to why.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    Someone farming ima gun di, as an example, may find 3 shards for 150 crystals worthwhile because of the current drop rate and limited ability to run hard nodes. Just because you refuse to pay the price doesn't mean others won't.

Most of my available options are for starter toon and other nameless toon shards. Let's be real, no one finds them truly useful aside from those with no other option. The next most common ones are for easily farmed toons like Luminara or Boba. I would like to see other toons such as ima, Anakin, and other more useful toons who are difficult to farm be rotated in more regularly.

Additionally, chromium exclusive toon should be included as well. I shouldn't have to go into detail as to why.

I never said that because I refused to pay the price, that others wouldn't. I was stating how I've seen "useful" shards rotate through, and the only reason I don't bother with them, is the price.

Has there between a poll conducted to see how everyone feels about the shipment character rotation? I saw that this game has 5 million downloads in Google Play alone, but only a few thousand threads in the forum. Maybe the numbers the Devs are seeing in purchases, aren't matching how we individually feel about the topic.

The forums and third party sites drive which characters are most popular (based on experimentation), as those who read, will gain the knowledge. Those who never visit forums or third party, won't necessarily have the same knowledge, and may very well find Ewok Scout and Jaws to be an awesome availability in shipments. In most games, the minority of the player base are forum-goers.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down a better character selection. However, I would still do the math on determining if paying 50 crystals per shard were worth it over the longer route. Setting how I've never bought those shards, whether they change the price or not, won't effect me.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I buy shards from the Shipment if the hero falls into the good, but difficult to farm category (e.g. FOTP - though just once) or Cantina Shipment farmable category (e.g. Daka, Fives) as the 100/150 crystal price is expensive, but somewhat justifiable.

The average heroes such as Ewok scout are obviously ignored as I don't really envision them being part of my core team.

In the end, I find the whole buying and selling in the game to be lackluster. Nothing much to buy other than the purple gears and occasional good hero shards. Certainly nothing to sell as those gears are dirt cheap and provide laughable returns.
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Opportunity cost is too expensive. Can only do it once and then have to pay more to do it again so getting a worthwhile # of shards costs way too much.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol @Pokebreaker he won't reply back. But yes just because some doesn't like them doesn't mean others won't buy it.

Post edited by FashionFett on
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • I've sprung for 3x Lobot shards simply because there's only 2x hard nodes to farm him on and I could spend the same 150 on energy and node refreshes and still not get 3 shards for certain.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I've sprung for 3x Lobot shards simply because there's only 2x hard nodes to farm him on and I could spend the same 150 on energy and node refreshes and still not get 3 shards for certain.

Precisely. Unfortunately most of time I see RG, clone sergeant, Ewok scout, etc. If I'm grinding a hard node toon I definitely see it worth while considering the cost of refreshes vs drop rate.
  • I've sprung for 3x Lobot shards simply because there's only 2x hard nodes to farm him on and I could spend the same 150 on energy and node refreshes and still not get 3 shards for certain.

I've made a note regarding that for characters I see that I'm farming, I will refresh, say FOTP once on both of the 50 crystals option. On the 6 occasions I've seen this, each time the 100 or 150 crystals spent (if someone is only available in one hard mode, I do two refreshes), I have received 3 or more shards every time plus of course gotten the extra drops that come along with the battle wins.

I would say to make it actually worthwhile from at least my experience, 5 shards should drop. Of course I have no idea on the actual amount players use this way of getting character shards but it seems a fairly bad way or spending crystals to get shards personally.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    IMO They should show more hard farm characters instead of easily farmed ones. Every character in that screen can be 7 starred in a week or less
  • You can agree that sometimes there are useful characters like Anakin who you mentioned and if you needed him you would pay real money to have his shards through shipments if you deemed him that valuable . You can argue that they can make money by having difficult to get characters on shipments but they can also make money by having some people biting the bait and spending once a useful character pops up because it's rare and also by keeping the unfarmable or toons in hard nodes people will just buy a chromium pack for a chance. We don't have the numbers to say which method is more effective but I think they have employees that know what they are doing.
  • What I said was an example and doesn't apply to everyone.
  • AdamW wrote: »
    IMO They should show more hard farm characters instead of easily farmed ones. Every character in that screen can be 7 starred in a week or less

7* in a week or less? Was that hyperbole? If not, please tell me your secrets!
  • Hehe, i just read the anakin comment and my shipments purchases just refreshed, look what popped up hehe

056b4f44ea8a6493f359851c736679e6.jpg
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    I've sprung for 3x Lobot shards simply because there's only 2x hard nodes to farm him on and I could spend the same 150 on energy and node refreshes and still not get 3 shards for certain.

I've made a note regarding that for characters I see that I'm farming, I will refresh, say FOTP once on both of the 50 crystals option. On the 6 occasions I've seen this, each time the 100 or 150 crystals spent (if someone is only available in one hard mode, I do two refreshes), I have received 3 or more shards every time plus of course gotten the extra drops that come along with the battle wins.

I would say to make it actually worthwhile from at least my experience, 5 shards should drop. Of course I have no idea on the actual amount players use this way of getting character shards but it seems a fairly bad way or spending crystals to get shards personally.

It generally is a lousy way to get shards, Lobot is about the only one I'd buy because he's the linchpin of a droid team I'm trying to get together and he only has two nodes.
    I've only ever bought shards from shipments 2-3 other times and it was to complete a * level each time.
    For instance my Daka was at 82/85 when she appeared in my shipments, I wasn't going to pass it up since the Cantina battle tokens are a slow grind, plus it rounded off the count to the nearest 5, otherwise, at the 7* end I'd be over by a few shards anyway because of the increments in Cantina.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • AdamW wrote: »

Ewok scout has one hard mode to farm. Sorry
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    image_zpsabxqur7g.png

- Chewie: easily farmed in cantina
    - Dathcha: easily farmed in GW shipments and cantina
    - Clone sergeant: garbage starter toon
    - ST Han: easily farmed in arena shipments

If you want any chance of us purchasing shipment toons, please make them worth purchasing.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    AdamW wrote: »

7* in a week or less? Was that hyperbole? If not, please tell me your secrets!

Doing 12 hard mode missions for 100 gems. Beating GW daily. Spending 100 gems on cantina battles daily is pretty much all it takes to get the characters shown in the pictures to 7 in about a week. Aside from needing a decent pvp rank for underworld police or stormtrooper han.

Except the Ewok scout as well, I thought I have seen him in cantina battles but I was mistaken. Even still... Ewok Scout. Ewok party is last on my list.
    Post edited by AdamW on
  • I keep my fingers crossed for anakin shipments, hes the one character that has constantly eluded me, only need 13 more shards to unlock him...
  • Ewok Scout can be pretty powerful.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    image_zpsabxqur7g.png

If you want any chance of us purchasing shipment toons, please make them worth purchasing.

So, a few minutes before posting this, the shipments offered me this:

QXSa7sR.png

While I normally abstain, I was 23/25 on FOTP, and couldn't let the opportunity get away, as that saved me 3-4 or more days of failed mission attempts. Shipment win! I just won't do my battles or cantina refreshes today, to make up for the Crystal cost...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    image_zpsabxqur7g.png

So, a few minutes before posting this, the shipments offered me this:

QXSa7sR.png

While I normally abstain, I was 23/25 on FOTP, and couldn't let the opportunity get away, as that saved me 3-4 or more days of failed mission attempts. Shipment win! I just won't do my battles or cantina refreshes today, to make up for the Crystal cost...

That's awesome dude. They absolutely can be worth it. I just wish we saw more like it. Thanks for sharing.
  • haha, Cl
    image_zpsabxqur7g.png

haha, wrong about Clone Sergeant, young padawa. Its an end game toon, 50% turn meter reduction. Only nobody is crazy enough to get him to 7 stars
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    haha, Cl
    image_zpsabxqur7g.png

haha, wrong about Clone Sergeant, young padawa. Its an end game toon, 50% turn meter reduction. Only nobody is crazy enough to get him to 7 stars

There are numerous turn meter manipulating toons that offer far more than cs.
  • I buy elder shards only.

I have seen elder shards one single time :(