Who thought it was a good idea to give 5's health steal?

Gaidal_Cain
1640 posts Member
edited August 2016
So I went against a really tough 12th node team in GW:

Anakin (L)
Qui-Gon
Old Ben
RG
5's

Not unbeatable but really tough because I had difficult nodes 9 and 11 and was unable to avoid losing a couple of toons.

After multiple retreats and attempts, I finally the team down to just 5's. Granted he had over 58k in health and protection but I figured even if it took my entire roster of B and C and D toons I could eventually whittle his health down.

Well no dice. After my C teams were gone he still had just over 50% health left. Then I realized because of his counters that he was stealing more health than he was losing!

The point of this isn't to whine because I lost in GW. It rarely happens so I'm not too concerned about it. It just bothers me that a single toon because of the crit damage mods and health steal and counter AND speed down debuff could single handedly defeat over 6 squads of toons. Albeit, they were weaker more poorly modded toons but still, very frustrating.

Replies

• 5's is OG. I building him now because I see so many practical applications of him in the future. Right now STH really keeps him in check in arena since you can taunt and have a festival of TM off of 5's. But I could see if the level cap goes up he may be more meta than Rey. His raw power is already so heads and tails above every other toon he is just countered easily right now. If 6 and 7 dot mods start really amping his Tenacity Protection and Potency even more, he will become a vertible God.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    This post should be focused on the shortcomings of gw, not the fact that fives has health steal.

You can't balance every character based on how they do against mediocre to bad characters.
  • Could you imagine if they gave 5's an auto taunt?
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    This post should be focused on the shortcomings of gw, not the fact that fives has health steal.

You can't balance every character based on how they do against mediocre to bad characters.

5's is hilarious though against weaker toons though . He can solo most light side battles.
  • Albeit, they were weaker more poorly modded toons but still, very frustrating.
    This is why. 5s is one of the highest power ranked toons. He isn't to be trifled with. But if you stun him, he is helpless.
  • Snake2 wrote: »

Perhaps, but it is instead focused on the shortcomings of me losing to 5's ;P

If I didn't have to sacrifice ST Han just o get passed node 11 it wouldn't even have been an issue.

However, I still don't see why he should have health steal.

Low health pool + health steal makes sense. High health pool + counter makes sense. Add to the fact that he inflicts speed down and and attacks twice on hi turn and twice when he is countering turns a 10% health steal (based on damage) into a 40% health steal.

It just doesn't make sense to me. If you don't have the right toons to counter him it doesn't even matter. If you do have the right toons to counter him he doesn't even use it because he doesn't get a turn or you leave him until last in which case he has full health and can make use of it.

All in all it's just a head-scratcher for me.

• He's a beast no doubt. Stunning and/or stealth are your best options.

That and you can throw an ewok squad with a Daka at him.
  • JKA / B2 ability block, EP Shock take away health steal. Teebo Lead kills him, stealth = no counter & you can take TM easy making him worthless. He is also easy to stun. 5555s is annoying only if you don't make a sub to face him, otherwise he is a non-factor.
  • Always save a stunner for a "fives" as he has a high chance of being in a team on the last nodes. In addition to an A and a B team (you only need 2 teams that have good synergy) build up specialty toons that can swap out with toons in your A and B teams for the cases like "fives". He is thankfully slow, so even without a stunner you can wear him down but you pay for it. Lower teams against a solo "fives" is like shooting spit balls at a 747.... if your lucky you can block the pitot tube while it's flying IFR over a mountain range but that is a lot to rest on RNGesus' shoulders.
  • Leia pwns fives. Just stealth and blast away. I love my fives, but there are several counters including stun and stealth. Ive also run into this in gw, losing to fives where I would have beaten pretty much anyone else through weight of numbers.
  • I have more trouble with sunfac at the end of GW. I've fought the same maxed team for node 12 every GW for the last 2 weeks Ani (l) QGJ RG sunfac and 5's.
    Get the team down to sunfac and 5's and they just obliterate everything and never die because of health ateal. And sunfac has great self healing powers
  • I have more trouble with sunfac at the end of GW. I've fought the same maxed team for node 12 every GW for the last 2 weeks Ani (l) QGJ RG sunfac and 5's.
    Get the team down to sunfac and 5's and they just obliterate everything and never die because of health ateal. And sunfac has great self healing powers

Hmm, I guess I never notice Sun Fac's health steal. Sounds like the same issue. Really any counter character with health steal is really annoying. Aayla is a beast.

I just wish more of them were like Dooku. 100% counter but lower health and NO health steal.

And people, I know how to get around 5's! I have a maxed Daka, Gear 9 RG 6*, Maxed Ventress, and I have Teebo pretty well built up as well. I'm also continuing to work on Leia an EP (though he's only 5*).

That is not what this thread is about.
  • Stealth or stun fives gets run down.
  • If your having problems with him JE is the perfect counter.
  • Then I realized because of his counters that he was stealing more health than he was losing!

I hate Fives but **** if he isnt fun to beat. I had a match almost exactly like this a few weeks ago. Fives killed like 30 of my toons and for some of the weaker ones he was gaining more than he was losing. I eventually won when my green gear HRS landed a lucky stun and I was able to finish him off. I was so stoked it was literally the most fun Ive ever had playing this game.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So I went against a really tough 12th node team in GW:

Anakin (L)
    Qui-Gon
    Old Ben
    RG
    5's

Well no dice. After my C teams were gone he still had just over 50% health left. Then I realized because of his counters that he was stealing more health than he was losing!

Technically its not stealing its buffing.. he may damage you but he gets % of health for the damage he does. You don't lose additional health equal to % of his buff.

Ever heard the term fight fire with fire? Get 5555's yourself.. he is easy to get. Then if you get down to 5555' vs 5555's it all comes down to crit damage.

• Stealth or stun fives gets run down.

Exactly stun, no more problem. I have 5555's I watch Rey eat his health like its candy.. if it wasn't for such a large health pool I would be screwed..

Luckily I can steal health..haha
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    *cough* IG88 lead + leia + fotp + 5s. *cough*

The sheer number of dots is akin to dieing of the plague.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It's the gear. Look at the gear you put on him for level 9 and ten, one of them does life steal and I think there are a few of those pieces on him. https://swgoh.gg/characters/ct-5555-fives/gear/

I count 2 x 5% life steal.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    As others have said, plenty of counters to 5. When I see him in later GW nodes I just go with a Teebo lead, same with the other counter toons.
  • Revenge is sweet!

image_7.png

5's was on nodes 11 and 12 today. Both teams were relatively easy. Old Ben Lead on 11 and Chewie Lead on 12.