Yoda

Yoda
Great character , amazing tool kit. Hardest to get character for anyone that got him before the event was balanced. Yet no one uses him after all of the overwhelming effort it took to get him.
Why?
Because the ai cannot use him effectively at all.
Yoda is the perfect counter weapon to the emperor but sits collecting dust in everyone's inventory.
All that is needed to make him useful is to change his ai to spread tenacity up on his first move or change his kit to make it a one time opening passive.

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Or use him as lead. People will start using him but there aren't a whole bunch of EP's around at least not in my arena.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I posted this on Reddit in a reply to a similar thread:

I guess my shard just doesn't like palpatine. I am the only palp lead in that finishes in the top 5 every day and one of 2-3 in the top 100. Sure, Palp is a member of a lot of teams but Lando and STH are too.
    That said, I would be on board with making Yoda great again. The problem with Yoda is that the AI gets confused with him, maybe he needs to reduce his abilities to 4? They should combine Masterstroke with Unstopable force in that the primary target gets the effects of UF and the AOE/Buff Steal from masterstroke affects the team. This and making him use BM on defense as a first move will make him much better. Throw in some extra damage and BAM, Yoda is "fixed".
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Yoda
    Great character , amazing tool kit. Hardest to get character for anyone that got him before the event was balanced. Yet no one uses him after all of the overwhelming effort it took to get him.
    Why?
    Because the ai cannot use him effectively at all.
    Yoda is the perfect counter weapon to the emperor but sits collecting dust in everyone's inventory.
    All that is needed to make him useful is to change his ai to spread tenacity up on his first move or change his kit to make it a one time opening passive.

Totally agree. An added bonus would be to extend his leader, even 50% reduction, to non-Jedi as well but prioritizing BM would be the best. This was the right move to make before EP was even mentioned and it's the right move now for sure. Yoda and Rex are truly the only counter to EP and the AI does not use either properly. Please note that I am not stating that EP is OP, I think he's fairly well balanced, I just think that characters should use their more optimal abilities on defense first. Opening with Unstoppable Force is a ridiculous opening move. LOL
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't see this thread but intuitively created a poll thread to give Yoda a boost.

I posted the following:

Yoda should be at least equal in power to EP. Yoda needs a boost in my opinion.

Apparently in the game files there is another version of Yoda "Hermit Yoda" - but how can he be more OP than his younger clone wars version - he was basically on his death bed at that point, lol.

They shouldn't bother releasing hermit Yoda at all, if indeed that is a plan, and just make Yoda more OP.

I think Yoda should be able to not only duplicate buffs from the opposing team (using master strike) onto himself but automatically onto his team without the need of using battle meditation (that can be used in addition to) but also dispel those buffs from the opposing team.

That would be good enough and make Yoda more of a playable and competitive toon in the game without much change.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I didn't see this thread but intuitively created a poll thread to give Yoda a boost.

I posted the following:

Yoda should be at least equal in power to EP. Yoda needs a boost in my opinion.

Apparently in the game files there is another version of Yoda "Hermit Yoda" - but how can he be more OP than his younger clone wars version - he was basically on his death bed at that point, lol.

They shouldn't bother releasing hermit Yoda at all, if indeed that is a plan, and just make Yoda more OP.

I think Yoda should be able to not only duplicate buffs from the opposing team (using master strike) onto himself but automatically onto his team without the need of using battle meditation (that can be used in addition to) but also dispel those buffs from the opposing team.

That would be good enough and make Yoda more of a playable and competitive toon in the game without much change.

I remember one of the first nerfs to Yoda was his AOE and it was something about it being too strong at level 80. Now we have Lando, JKA, and Wedge doing 15K, time for a Yoda buff I think.

Personally I think Arena is too fast to setup a meaningful buff steal with Yoda. If you can do that you're either luckier than hell or you're probably in a position of advantage anyway. Yoda kind of needs a re-work all-around I think other than maybe his basic ability. The stun at <=50% is not overly useful either because a target is probably going to be killed anyway.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    True.

I do think it would be good if Yoda could some how either dispel positive effects from enemy teams or dispel negative effects from his own team.

His foresight gained on basic attack is good but has anyone noticed that he rarely seems to gain foresight against Gammorrean Chief and Rancor??? - its a bit odd.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    True.

I do think it would be good if Yoda could some how either dispel positive effects from enemy teams or dispel negative effects from his own team.

His foresight gained on basic attack is good but has anyone noticed that he rarely seems to gain foresight against Gammorrean Chief and Rancor??? - its a bit odd.

It depends on when you're attacking them. If their health bars are under 50% Yoda won't get foresight.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But their health bars are huge! Any of those enemies, once their health is below 50%, could last days, lol. So Yoda is pretty useless in that regard.

Overall I find him to be pretty underpowered - especially since he is YODA - the grand master of the jedi order!

I guess there is just a lot of bark in his name and title and no bite in his gameplay.
  • Options
    Yoda definitely needs a buff!
  • Options
    Yes, I completely agree with the OP, maybe even a dispell on his tenacity up, that might be asking for too much, but he's Yoda, he needs to be a lot better than he currently performs.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Thank you !!!! Reworks on Jedi sound great !!!