Zam Wesell AI

I'm not sure how plausible this is but I'd like to see better AI on Zam. Ideally she would "see what sticks" and then use her basic on any toon with a detonator on them, one at a time. As long as an enemy has a detonator on them I'd just ignore the "electro goggles" special.

I love using Zam with my scoundrel team but her AI leaves a lot of damage on the table.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Replies

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how plausible this is but I'd like to see better AI on Zam. Ideally she would "see what sticks" and then use her basic on any toon with a detonator on them, one at a time. As long as an enemy has a detonator on them I'd just ignore the "electro goggles" special.

I love using Zam with my scoundrel team but her AI leaves a lot of damage on the table.

Uh AI means you are letting the computer decide.. if you don't like the AI then.. um.. just do it yourself.. >scratching head<

I don't get it why complain about something YOU did which is to hit auto.. that's why the game has MANUAL mode by default.................

Plus goggles you obviously don't know how to use it correctly if you think detonator is the answer..

You set bombs THEN goggles, when the bombs explode on exposed characters that pretty much ensures crit damage and lots of it.. Zam finishes them off..

I don't think you thought this through.
  • He's probably talking about the AI on defence for Arena etc...

If not then I'd agree with you, but pretty sure he means defence.
  • She's just not an AI character, with an AI friendly kit. Her effectiveness is adaptive strategy, which doesn't play well with programmed thinking. Her strategy is a set 'em up, knock 'em down, with a billion variables team to team. She's a manual-only toon.
  • Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »

Uh AI means you are letting the computer decide.. if you don't like the AI then.. um.. just do it yourself.. >scratching head<

I don't get it why complain about something YOU did which is to hit auto.. that's why the game has MANUAL mode by default.................

Plus goggles you obviously don't know how to use it correctly if you think detonator is the answer..

You set bombs THEN goggles, when the bombs explode on exposed characters that pretty much ensures crit damage and lots of it.. Zam finishes them off..

I don't think you thought this through.
    @Jedi_Yoda
    Uh, you obviously didn't think through your response. I'm talking about the AI on defense. You'll notice that I didn't say anything about using the auto feature as that's not what I'm talking about. It would be nice to be able to use her in arena, hence AI would come into play when I'm NOT using her. You'll notice that @K_G0sling and @Goldy were both able to figure this out. You'll notice once again that I'm not complaining, it's just wishful thinking. If you know Zam then you know that the goggles don't always land the expose debuff. For optimal damage You see what sticks and then shoot down the line. This also grants you up to 5-6 turns in a row depending on your squad. If for some reason I'm unable to throw bombs after the barrage, then I'll use the goggles.

I think it's important to realize that not every post on the forum is a rant or rage post. Please read, and then reread in your case, the entire post before you respond in an ignorant and insulting way.

• K_G0sling wrote: »
    She's just not an AI character, with an AI friendly kit. Her effectiveness is adaptive strategy, which doesn't play well with programmed thinking. Her strategy is a set 'em up, knock 'em down, with a billion variables team to team. She's a manual-only toon.

Yeah you're right. Bummer. I do love using her regardless.