Guild Statistics I can use would be nice! - Help With Guild Management

I appreciate the statistics in the guild management screen. But quite frankly as an Officer/Guild Leader the stats that really matter to management are not there. What is there is nice for the members to look at and can provide competitive motivation but in terms of performance review of current members it is lacking.

I would suggest some (just two or three) statistics that make review and effective management of activity toward guild group goals easier.

GUILD COIN AVERAGE (last 7 days) - based on GUILD CLOCK
This would allow for a slump in a player to be identified quickly. It also notifies us to communicate with other officers to confirm if a player has notified someone that they have gone out of town, have family obligations, are in a busy work week, etc.

GUILD COIN AVERAGE (last 30 days) - based on GUILD CLOCK
Again, a way to quickly assess participation toward the guild. Since it is based on energy usage this statistic (while tedious for us to try to pull from the game) is an easy one for the management system. It also gives us an easier look into the players activity. This would be a big help in identifying inactivity. (replace the "last login" statistic as I frankly DON'T CARE when you logged in last if you are hitting your 600 guild coins daily).

# OF CHARACTERS AT STAR LEVEL
Give me a list of characters at each star level from 4 to 7 so we can work raids based on those numbers easier. a little help in tracking would be a blessing here but the two above this are FAR more important.

These are suggestions but let's face facts - from a position of viable and reasonable statistics...these are things that would make the game more fun from a guild management perspective!

Anyone with other ideas please post them here!

Replies

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I appreciate the statistics in the guild management screen. But quite frankly as an Officer/Guild Leader the stats that really matter to management are not there. What is there is nice for the members to look at and can provide competitive motivation but in terms of performance review of current members it is lacking.

I would suggest some (just two or three) statistics that make review and effective management of activity toward guild group goals easier.

Give me a list of characters at each star level from 4 to 7 so we can work raids based on those numbers easier. a little help in tracking would be a blessing here but the two above this are FAR more important.

You can get this statistic on swgoh.gg, make your guild join if they aren't already.

The others ones are not worth much either your guild is contributing or its not, guilds are CASUAL players I don't follow the suggestions either don't care if they give guild more credits or not..

I am NOT going to do 3 GW in a day or save my daily contests just to help guild we will get there eventually what's the rush?
  • how about we just get daily energy usage to track properly?
  • Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

You can get this statistic on swgoh.gg, make your guild join if they aren't already.

The others ones are not worth much either your guild is contributing or its not, guilds are CASUAL players I don't follow the suggestions either don't care if they give guild more credits or not..

I am NOT going to do 3 GW in a day or save my daily contests just to help guild we will get there eventually what's the rush?

Why source to a third party when the stat can be made available in game? I like swgoh.gg but you have to get the players to update it. If the goal is to make the game casual and fun...why not improve the game stats to make it more effective? Just saying. I do agree that forcing GW x3 is a bit much. We recco it but don't slight a player for not doing it.

However, as a guild leader...I'm interested in making sure that if I cut someone it's valid. Not just because I looked for 3 days and they did nothing. (at the same time I don't want to have to check daily just to be fair - I have a life too lol)
  • petedaddy wrote: »
    how about we just get daily energy usage to track properly?

better to have an average. If you are going to fix, I say make it useful. That stat still only gives me that specific day. Doesn't give me a trend.

An average would let me look immediately and say "That person is below 420 avg for the month...If I have an eager replacement...that's who goes out the door" - it's much more fair then trying to remember who you "think" isn't participating. But that could just be me trying to keep things fair.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Why source to a third party when the stat can be made available in game? I like swgoh.gg but you have to get the players to update it. If the goal is to make the game casual and fun...why not improve the game stats to make it more effective?

You don't have to update its updated automatic every 24 hours. I guess it depends on how players have settings..

again if players HAVE these stats they will WANT to update them in any case.. you are arguing that you WANT stats and statistics, that sounds too much like management.. not FUN..

Game is not fun if we have to trivialize every stat just so you can see what players are doing. Why make DEVS include this in game? They have to change their code when a website already does it for you ..

If the goal of a game is casual and FUN then why do we need statistics.. again your guild will eventually get there, what is the RUSH.. as in definition of CASUAL not on a schedule and don't need to be pushed to have FUN!

Why source to a third party when the stat can be made available in game? I like swgoh.gg but you have to get the players to update it. If the goal is to make the game casual and fun...why not improve the game stats to make it more effective?

You don't have to update its updated automatic every 24 hours. I guess it depends on how players have settings..

again if players HAVE these stats they will WANT to update them in any case.. you are arguing that you WANT stats and statistics, that sounds too much like management.. not FUN..

Game is not fun if we have to trivialize every stat just so you can see what players are doing. Why make DEVS include this in game? They have to change their code when a website already does it for you ..

If the goal of a game is casual and FUN then why do we need statistics.. again your guild will eventually get there, what is the RUSH.. as in definition of CASUAL not on a schedule and don't need to be pushed to have FUN!

I guess I'm just a sucker for numbers...
  • +1 guild management abilities seriously need to be addressed. As a guild leader I cannot tell you how frustrated I am today. I heard that if a new player clicked that they were underage, that they have no access to guild chat whatsoever. This is a huge oversight as many players appear to be just blantantly ignoring my instructions in regard to our t7 raid. Why not just give a language filter option?
    This, among many other things, have made my experience as a guild lead less than fun...

Not everyone wants "casual". I don't need you (as a member) to sacrifice your gameplay (having to change the way you play to meet the daily challenge is a huge pain), but it's not unreasonable to require at least 400 energy (for raid coins) per day. As of now, the existing data is wrong. It is not too much to ask that we at least get accurate data, and proper useful history.

Also, how casual are you if you are entering your data in third party sites? That takes time and effort to track, kind of the opposite of casual.
  • the nrg usage needs to be fixed..
    also having an average nrg over a week isn't a bad idea
    I would also like to see in members raid scores a breakdown of the toons they used to keep an eye on people sticking to rules, as we only allow 1 attack in first 24hrs to make sure everyone gets a chance to get on the board and claim some loot.
    A in game DM from officers to Members inbox would help a lot. to pass on rules and encourage members to sign up to discord for much better chat. not everyone would want to join discord but at least you would know they have read rules.
    we encourage team players, we stick to rules so everyone gets a go for their hard work of farming coins, our rules also try to spread top 10 rewards around more member allowing guild growth, plus its good to pass on tips etc.