Would Health Primary Mods be Useful for Palpatine Lead Empire Teams?

War
932 posts Member
Obviously protection primaries are superior in almost all other situations, but Palpatine grants +32% max health to Empire and Sith characters, and there's a number of reasons why you would want some additional base health. For one; Palpatine's leader ability is applied when you enter the battle, so that would be +32% max health to the already modded additional health.

Another reason is you can't heal protection damage, so the more max health, the more you can heal, for Palpatine's self heal it would be incredibly helpful. So after EP's protection is gone and he gets hit real hard by someone like Rey, there's a greater chance he'll survive and get to gain more HP from his self heal, than if he had all protection primaries.

Obviously I wouldn't put on multiple health primaries, but instead of a third protection primary for Palpatine, a health primary could be better. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    1st off, if u have the spot for a 3rd protection primary, u may wanna rethink your mods.
    Arrow - speed
    Square - offense
    Diamond - defense
    Cross - potency

2 of those r pre-chosen while the other 2 r far and away the best choice.

All 6 of those can be health mods so that u get the 5% health x3. Speed, health, prot secondaries r nice as well.

I would highly suggest prot for the other 2 but health would b my 2nd choice.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    He has an awesome amount of potency already, so I figured a potency cross would be a waste when it could be protection. Than again, he did fail to shock one of the targets in the last GW node today which cost me the battle I think, fortunately I still had a back up Jedi team to finish it.

So yeah I think your right, I'm switching the protection cross for a potency one. That said you didn't really answer my question, though now that I'm going to have to replace the cross with potency. I guess the logical answer would be to get a protection triangle.

One of my sets for him is potency obviously, but I was thinking defense for the other, that's usually my default since stacking mod sets just doesn't seem right to me. But defense is based on armor which comes from strength for the most part, and he's lacking in that department.

So potency set, health set x2; arrow-speed, square-offense, diamond-defense, cross-potency, circle-protection, and triangle-protection. That seems about right, and Magmatrooper would basically be the same thing right?
  • Saritoss
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    14100 health
    10500 protection

2x health primary = 11.76% + 10% 2x health set = 21.76%
    2x protection primary = 47% protection + 10% 2x health set

Do the math yourself
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    War wrote: »
    He has an awesome amount of potency already, so I figured a potency cross would be a waste when it could be protection. Than again, he did fail to shock one of the targets in the last GW node today which cost me the battle I think, fortunately I still had a back up Jedi team to finish it.

So yeah I think your right, I'm switching the protection cross for a potency one. That said you didn't really answer my question, though now that I'm going to have to replace the cross with potency. I guess the logical answer would be to get a protection triangle.

One of my sets for him is potency obviously, but I was thinking defense for the other, that's usually my default since stacking mod sets just doesn't seem right to me. But defense is based on armor which comes from strength for the most part, and he's lacking in that department.

So potency set, health set x2; arrow-speed, square-offense, diamond-defense, cross-potency, circle-protection, and triangle-protection. That seems about right, and Magmatrooper would basically be the same thing right?

If you run him as lead, the cross potency mod is completely redundant since no one really has 94%+ tenacity.
  • The one where you get a choice, the circle one, I prefer health for Palp. However, I realized I have a circle mod with protection primary on Akbar that has a better speed secondary. So I'm gonna do a little switcheroo soon to give palp a +5 speed boost.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I run Palpatine as lead, have +11% potency in secondaries, a 24% potency cross mod and will on rare occasion still see a resist. But, I have also landed a shock on a toon w/ a tenacity up buff. Have u ? I see potency on him as a necessity.
  • If you use him as lead he gets ~ 25-26k with health prim mods. 20k max with prot ones
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Saritoss wrote: »
    14100 health
    10500 protection

2x health primary = 11.76% + 10% 2x health set = 21.76%
    2x protection primary = 47% protection + 10% 2x health set

Do the math yourself

Did the math and it's pretty interesting, there doesn't appear to be a clear winner between the two options. Using health primary mods with 2x health set is; 22,661 health and 10,500 protection, for a total of 33,161 life points. Using protection primaries and the 2x health set is; 20,473 health and 15,435 protection for a total of 35,908 life points.

On the surface it looks like protection won out, but health primaries has an additional 2188 health that can be healed after protection is gone, but 2k is pretty insignificant compared to how much damage a basic attack can do. However with health primaries his leader ability will be healing 4532 for every debuff he applies which he does every turn. Where as with protection primaries it would only be 4094 for every debuff applied.

Both these totals are without secondaries so results will vary depending on mods, but it looks like either way would work depending on your preferences. Mine happens to be that GW and Raids are more my thing so health primaries would make him last longer in the long run, so that's what I'll be doing. But if arena is more your thing, than the increased total life would be better since the matches are much shorter than a GW run.