Rey was nerfed and no one is talking about it

Prev1
Just curious. She's hasn't been really very good the last few weeks. Obvious stealth nerf. She is gone from arena comps. After months. And all we have is silence on this topic??

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    she wasn't nerfed...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Just curious. She's hasn't been really very good the last few weeks. Obvious stealth nerf. She is gone from arena comps. After months. And all we have is silence on this topic??

The f2p low spenders still use her and they're usually the ones on here complaining about that kind of stuff
  • Options
    She wasn't nerfed, other toons may have finally caught up to her in gear. I almost always kill Rey first. She's easy to stun and misses a lot. Everyone who was smart geared her up first. Yes best dps in game but easily killable.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    When anakin was buffed, and wedge was buffed, and biggs was buffed, and Emp was added... it gave people a reason to move away from her. She is still good, she just isn't required anymore. Much like QGJ and RG.
  • Options
    See above.. Not sure if this is serious or a weak troll attempt. :|

Rey is as good as she always has been.. Examples of a premise help when making statements like this.
  • Options
    Actually Rey was nerfed, so was Leia. And droids to a small extent. Remember the defense buff? That actually balanced a lot of toons, but it hurt attackers the most. Leia took the worst of it imo. Dooku too. Rey is becoming obsolete now, so is Genosian soldier, who is really not worth farming anymore if you are already lvl 80. I have mine maxed and he's been warming the bench for quite sometime now.

The new meta is all about AOE. You gotta get with it or get lost. Anakin, Lando, Palpatine, wedge, droids, they all shred the old single target dodge meta. That's why Rey is becoming just a fart in the wind.
  • Options

Rey is as good as she always has been.. Examples of a premise help when making statements like this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/63486/rey-attacks-being-dodged-or-was-she-given-a-failure-rate#latest
  • Options
    I, for one, am happy about the meta change.
  • Options
    Rey isn't nerfed.

1. IDK if people are modding her right
    2. She still hits like a truck
    3. She still hits like a truck, as long as there is no dots on her....
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm on a very competitive server since beginning, and she's becoming less used, but still popular amongst some of the top players, including myself. I've been #1 on my payout for 7 days in a row, and while I could find other options, she still does it for me, especially with some full on auto < 45 second snipes FTW. >:)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Defense was reworked a bit so all attackers have hit a little less hard. Rey is not in top Arena AS MUCH because she's more vulnerable to the AOE attacks that were buffed. But the AOE and defense changes were across the board affecting all heroes: Rey was not nerfed in the way some might assume.

Rey was falling out of Meta anyway because there are 'better' options for those players with more robust accounts, which is bound to happen the longer we al play. Welcome to a more balanced game and thus an increase in requests and accusations of nerf.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Considering earlier today she killed one of my toons with 19k worth a crit damage, she isn't nerfed.
  • Options
    Lol Buff Rey LOL
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

Rey wasn't nerfed, aoe through taunt was fixed and allowed a new kind of combination to emerge, even more with Anakin and wedge rework...

I'm pretty sure resistance will get reworked at some point (the new movies will be about them ..) and she will be back to top tier, but for now (in arena at last) she underperforms, so yeah is becoming rare in top of arena's...

I could say "at last!" though ... She has had her time !
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    single target crit for 15k against aoe toon that did same damage. make her quite unpopular it seems
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    The defense buff killed her flurry of blows. Mine does 8k now on a non crit lol. Not to mention she just isn't cutting it anymore...now with Wiggs killing whichever character they want after their assist and aoe.
  • Options
    I relaxed my maxed Rey with Lando, simplest because Lando is maxed out and his rain can keep going all the time
  • Options

You are right there. She is still top hitter but like the others has said she sucks in health. Thats why you mod her up in health mods. I still use her but she isn't my top player any more because this game has finally made it equal. Im happy they did a perfect job leveling out the players. I love seeing all the different combos the players come up with.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Rey wasn't nerfed, she was just pushed out of most Arena team compositions. Why? Because there are so many other great characters lurking around, patiently waiting for their opportunity that she is falling out of the ladder on a slow and silent note. With the recent additions of Wedge, Palpatine, B2, etc. they gave us far more diversity in the Arena, which is very good because in the past weeks everything I faced was Rey-RG-STHan based.
  • Options
    Oh noes something was done that balanced a crazy op character! Now not every team on my shard has the same set up. Thank fark for that :)
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Here's hoping they do the same to the new crazy OP in everyones squad characters. Cough EP, Cough Anakin. Cough Cough. Long live diversity in pvp. Checks Swgoh.gg meta report...
  • Options
    Here's hoping they do the same to the new crazy OP in everyones squad characters. Cough EP, Cough Anakin. Cough Cough. Long live diversity in pvp. Checks Swgoh.gg meta report...

Agreed. Seen some good ideas regarding def working extra against aoe.
  • Options
    I'm just trying to predict the next meta so I can get a head start now instead of levelling palp and anakin. I feel obliged to do so just to compete. It's them or droids and my payout rival uses droids and I really don't want to go that way. What would be good would be a squad that can compete with anakin and palp and that droids can't beat. Jawa would be the perfect choice.... But sadly, they are not competitive.
  • Options
    she was not nerfed, or if she was then she wasn't nerfed enough. i still find it necessary to avoid her at all cost. if i am forced to fight her i target her first to get her out of the way. but she is still way too OP.
  • Options
    Thats because you are on an unmatured shard holy. She is a doddle to beat and misses on her specials alot.
  • Options
    not that i've seen. but then again like i said i avoid her at all cost. i won't play against players who have her unless i have to.

being that i'm not a competitive person i refuse to exploit the games weaknesses like OP'd characters to get ahead.

i'm much more interested and concerned with completing light and dark side battles, the cantina, the mods and GW than i am arena or guild. i find myself in the arena less and less. just for the 3 battles to complete the daily challenge and since all you have to do to complete the daily is finish the battles its nothing to me if i win the battle or not. i'll take on any team in arena that doesn't have rey on the team no matter what there level or my chance of wining is.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    she was not nerfed, or if she was then she wasn't nerfed enough. i still find it necessary to avoid her at all cost. if i am forced to fight her i target her first to get her out of the way. but she is still way too OP.

If you have whales on your shard, you are going to miss the 'Rey era' soon.
  • Options
    Rey is still a very solid dps without a sigifcant counter char. I still run her and still pull first daily in my time slot. She's one of the few toons that can pull the raw damage she does, at the speed she does, and require being addressed immediately.

• Options
    Thats because you are on an unmatured shard holy. She is a doddle to beat and misses on her specials alot.
    says the. Man running OOK ;)