EP led teams that aren't lame?

Prev1
Half of the top 10 in my shard are using the hate filled ball of static as their leads now.

I have no problem with that but all they did was add him to their current teams! Old Ben lead, Phasma lead, Aackbar lead, even someone who used to run Barriss lead.

They all kept the same comp and just threw in Palpatine.

Where's the style, where's the pizzaz?!

Maybe my shard is the only one, I was just hoping to see SOME Empire synergy. RG doesn't really count as most people were using him already.

Sigh.

Replies

• On my arena server, droids are the only pure synergy team I ever see near the top 100. Everyone else just runs a random hodge podge of high tier characters. Unfortunately, the game is designed in a way that encourages this. There's just not enough bonuses to running a specific faction.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Old ben (L), QGJ, RG, stHan and rey magically changed into palpi (L), QGJ, RG, stHan and rey.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    one of the more fun ones I have seen, granted a P2P lineup, is rex lead, Sun fac, Wedge, Biggs, EP
  • For awhile I used EP lead, Vader, RG, Jka (because it's... Pre-Vader) and b2. B2 felt kind of evil... Does that count?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    DrNocard wrote: »
    For awhile I used EP lead, Vader, RG, Jka (because it's... Pre-Vader) and b2. B2 felt kind of evil... Does that count?

B2 and EP togther can be a pain. I run a rex lead and use tenacity up to stop EP stun but it forces me to attack B2 so I don't trigger his relentless barage before EP goes.
  • guilty.

(Old Ben lead, STH, GS, EP, QGJ)

in my defense, as much as i'd love to switch it up once you get a taste of 500 Crystals daily it's kinda hard to turn back...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

and made it into the top ten of my day one shard!
  • My top 20 now has 11 of these guys. I'm the only OB lead left.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    For awhile I used EP lead, Vader, RG, Jka (because it's... Pre-Vader) and b2. B2 felt kind of evil... Does that count?

I run this too it does well. My palp isn't even that fast.
  • I've heard of one but it doesn't have EP in. Does that count?
  • They're droid and rebel teams on my shard. Two of the top three are Wedge leads. They're no Empire teams on my shard. One person in the top 10 has EP, RG, Vader.

It's not just EP though. I see a lot of Lando's thrown in with RG and STH protecting.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

Who are those 2??
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Who are those 2??
    I think that Tarkin one is that old Viking QB from the 60s

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

On a Serious note does MT TMR give him TM from EP lead? game considers it a determental effect since it has to go thru potency vs tenacity.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Too many ppl run Rex on my shard and Empire is full of debuffs...and they r slow.

If Tarkin used his aoe debuff on defense 1st instead of his aoe, he would b ok.

As it stands now, Snowtrooper is the only decent Empire besides RG.
  • Asic wrote: »

I run this too it does well. My palp isn't even that fast.

Yeah I was running EP at an "ok" 207 speed, Jka behind him at 204 and then Vader at 199 at that time. I eventually had to swap out Rg for Rex and so put Rex in at 200 hoping Jka exposed himself so Rex could squad discipline on defense.

But all that went out the window now with My wedge (L), Biggs, lando, Jka, EP AOE cheese team. :( fact is, EP isn't a beast. Hes just a really really good toon, just like lando, Wiggs, Jka, Rey, SF, Rex ... He's also new and shiny so sees more play than he should. Let's just wait another couple weeks to see how the arena sorts itself out.
  • My top 20 now has 11 of these guys. I'm the only OB lead left.

You aren't by chance Al Coholic in-game are you?

• No.. Not me but he sounds like he is keeping it real.
  • I'm guilty of just throwing EP on my hodge lodge team. Not even lead. He has made my team better. Last 5 days in arena I've finished 1,1,5,1,1. I've never hit rank 1 before. Usually finished 5-20.

Lots of tough Rex and Wedge teams on my shard too. So far minimal EP.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I'm guilty of just throwing EP on my hodge lodge team. Not even lead. He has made my team better. Last 5 days in arena I've finished 1,1,5,1,1. I've never hit rank 1 before. Usually finished 5-20.

Lots of tough Rex and Wedge teams on my shard too. So far minimal EP.

Nothing wrong with that. IMO if you are not using more Empire characters his lead is weak. Who cares if sith heal useless IMO. Sith should have been given the TM gain also and I think he would have made a better leader.
  • People just got him, might still be adding gear or mod levels to him and just trying him out. It's just more of the same old same old: you can't stop a trend by yourself.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Aero wrote: »
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

Nice! I run a 6* maxed Vader. Early December shard (with RG +Palp) - but had to face Ave keep STHan in the lineup. Wish I had Tarkin though. Might need to finish gearing Magmatrooper....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

On a Serious note does MT TMR give him TM from EP lead? game considers it a determental effect since it has to go thru potency vs tenacity.

No, but MT is still worth it considering how many debuff characters there are.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I run
    EP
    Vader
    Tarkin
    RG
    MT

No, but MT is still worth it considering how many debuff characters there are.

****. Would have been nice.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    If sith had gotten the tm gain, Sidious would b viable again. Even Dooku...man he would b fast.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    If sith had gotten the tm gain, Sidious would b viable again. Even Dooku...man he would b fast.

Yup. TM gain for Sith would have made more options and viability of palps lead.
  • EP (L), Lando, Qgj (ikr..), Sthan and RG. Wanna replace qgj for vader and maybe sthan for tarkin. Not sure if tarkin is that great tho.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    EP (L), Lando, Qgj (ikr..), Sthan and RG. Wanna replace qgj for vader and maybe sthan for tarkin. Not sure if tarkin is that great tho.

Tarkin is really good when maxed, but as previously mentioned he uses TMR first instead of offence down on defence, which makes him a bit rubbish. It's the only reason he's not in my Empire arena team.
  • Typical ep team I see is EP, Vader, rg, Sidious, and then either Kylo Ren, Rey, or once Darth maul. The team that was Darth maul icould beat after three tries, but once they swupitched to Ren I don't stand a chance.
  • I do an almost all empire squad. Palp lead, Tarkin, Vader, rg and sth with tons of speed on him so he goes first. Wish I didn't need him I'd totally have ani in there instead of sth