Galactic War Difficulty

Prev1
How is this determined? Have heard different answers

Replies

• Options
    Badly now that mods aren't compensated for.
  • Options

No confirmed proof, but based on my own observations...

I'm almost positive it's based on the total power of your strongest squad possible from your roster.

So your top 5 highest power toons in your roster. Alot of people think it's your arena squad power but that's dumb because I've seen gw increase in difficulty without changing anything on an arena squad. Maxing toons with high power like chewie or 5s (tanks) will make your GW noticeably harder.
  • Options
    they wont do **** again it. so **** tired of this ****. but all the uppers know how to Rig the system so they get lowbie nodes while we get toughest mother****s on planet, but they all fork money into this game so **** us. thats DEvs reasoning. it wont change, it changed for a day and they made it harder.

so getting tired of this game. Elitist ****.

We should be punished because our Arena teams are 40k in strength but we are. because we dont fork over 300$ into the DEv team.

And dude I feel ya I'm f2p as hell, and went thru a long struggle of gw being harder than concrete.

But recently I've upgraded alot of toons so my best possible squad is around like 38k and I too now get the easy node 12 like you mentioned. Best day of my life tbh lol. Now I can complete GW daily with ease. Just keep at it bro. Eventually you will get the easy nodes f2p or whale only difference is the time it takes to get there. Goodluck tho.

3c3c8cB.jpg
  • Options
    Node 12 difficulty is irrelevant:

These guys were hiding loot... They died, I got loot!

24xlutv.jpg

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i shouldn't be punished because i dont have a 40k if i had those guys id win too lol sadly i get these, every **** DAY. Literally never changes.

http://tinypic.com/r/153wn7o/9

My squad is barely over 38k power, I'm not close to 40k yet
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i shouldn't be punished because i dont have a 40k if i had those guys id win too lol sadly i get these, every **** DAY. Literally never changes.

153wn7o.jpg

FYI, that team is a cakewalk compared to some teams i face at node11.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »

153wn7o.jpg

Not trying to jump in or take sides, but......

"FYI," a team that is a cakewalk for your roster might not be a cakewalk for someone elses.

Like cmon, I feel where you coming from, but what do you expect to prove or come out of belittling someones claims who is clearly fustrated.
  • Options

153wn7o.jpg

Meh, they'd die too!
  • Options
    Lillegre wrote: »

153wn7o.jpg

Meh, they'd die too!

Relax bro, violence is not the way!
  • Options
    You're not being punished for having a lower power. Being above a certain lower level gets you easier nodes at the end but harder nodes before that. The easy node(s) is a glitch. I'm pretty sure since nobody can stop bragging or complaining about it the devs are working to fix it. So, yeah, by the time you get there it could be gone.

Also, as I just stated, and others have pointed out, the nodes leading up to it are harder. I'd love to have the team you just posted on nodes 9 or 11. Heck, even 10 sometimes. It would make GW so much easier.

I know that team and similar ones are tough for you right now. Keep at it and use your resources wisely. Eventually GW will become easier. Not because of an easy node or two at the end but because you have a roster that can handle it.
  • Options
    I just posted about this in GW thread. My main team is all 7* (except for old Ben QGJ who are still 6*), all lvl 9 gear and moded (not the best mods but I'm working on it), lvl 74 and mostly maxed abilities (no omegas obviously).
    Ben (L), Luminara, QGJ, Rey, ST Han. 30k power.

Node 12 team I face:
    Dooku, 5s, Rey, RG, Luminara. All 7*. All with 5* fully maxed, perfect stats mods. All with maxed omega abilities. 35k power.

The power is no biggie. I've beaten teams like that left and right in arena. It's the amazing mods and the maxed omega abilities. And I'm sure if I could see their character stats those would insane as well. Dooku attacked 4 times in a row every time. 5s triple shot every time. For every 1 of my attacks no less than 3 of their toons attacked, sometimes twice.

So in conclusion I'm just going to avoid node 12. The rewards are garbage, except for the 400 tokens. But I'll live without them. It's not worth it.
    C'mon EA, if your going to jam your fist up my a$$ at least buy my diner first.
  • Options
    ^ ditto
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

153wn7o.jpg

"FYI," a team that is a cakewalk for your roster might not be a cakewalk for someone elses.

Like cmon, I feel where you coming from, but what do you expect to prove or come out of belittling someones claims who is clearly fustrated.

I only tried to put the 40k power squad thingy into perspective. It's not like the troubles magically disappear once you hit 40k power. It's better to get stuck on node12 than to get stuck on node11 with a freebee on node 12.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

153wn7o.jpg

I only tried to put the 40k power squad thingy into perspective. It's not like the troubles magically disappear once you hit 40k power. It's better to get stuck on node12 than to get stuck on node11 with a freebee on node 12.

Ohh yeah i definitely agree, i guess I misunderstood your intentions. My b!
  • Options

153wn7o.jpg

Unfortunately, people don't understand that. They assume they would be able to have roughly the same experience when it's not. The teams in earlier nodes get harder the higher your power.
  • Options
    they wont do **** again it. so **** tired of this ****. but all the uppers know how to Rig the system so they get lowbie nodes while we get toughest mother****s on planet, but they all fork money into this game so **** us. thats DEvs reasoning. it wont change, it changed for a day and they made it harder.

We should be punished because our Arena teams are 40k in strength but we are. because we dont fork over 300$ into the DEv team.

You should quit. That'll show them.

• Options

Not seeing the issue tbh.... saw the issue on the alt, ground out a team that was less weaksauce, now winnng!
  • Options

I'm almost positive it's based on the total power of your strongest squad possible from your roster.

So your top 5 highest power toons in your roster. Alot of people think it's your arena squad power but that's dumb because I've seen gw increase in difficulty without changing anything on an arena squad. Maxing toons with high power like chewie or 5s (tanks) will make your GW noticeably harder.

This is what I thought, I can finish it daily, but just always wondered what it was calculated with
  • Options
    Lillegre wrote: »

Not seeing the issue tbh.... saw the issue on the alt, ground out a team that was less weaksauce, now winnng!

The issue is the insane difficulty spike from node 11 to node 12. The team I'm getting at node 12 is OP. If my A team and B team were at full health with full armor I don't think I could clear it. So it puzzles me that it's based off of my roster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This is what I thought, I can finish it daily, but just always wondered what it was calculated with

This^^ and the other theory is based on your arena power, but for most ppl I believe the %difference in those 2 powers is too close to determine which it is.

Just keep in mind it's one of these and build a good roster. I have done this by always working up a different arena team once I get one settled and "maxed"... then your b team will always be last week's meta and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • Options
    GW has just been getting harder for me recently. I cannot beat it any more at times, and now I have even more characters fully geared and seven starred.
  • Options

Angry much? I usually stop doing what I'm doing when something upsets me as much as you appear to be. I've spent money, but I'm no whale by any means. I currently have an easy 12th node. Calm down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    GW has just been getting harder for me recently. I cannot beat it any more at times, and now I have even more characters fully geared and seven starred.

Keep at it. We have all hit this hump, just gotta push through and you will be fine.
  • Options

153wn7o.jpg

you aren't being punished, follow the meta and you can finish seriously its incredible easy my arena team is 37.5k and sometimes i get an easy node, make stun lock teams with healers. Galactic war is not difficult if you use your brain.
  • Options
    For the last few weeks I have seen streaks of both easy node 12 and impossible node 12.
  • Options
    I beat GW today with no healer :open_mouth: