How would you beat this team in arena?

AimingForGaming
334 posts Member
edited September 2016
Barriss Offee (L), Royal Guard, CT-5555 "Fives," Sun Fac, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder. All max levels, gear, fully starred, all abilities maxed, and RNG is on their side.

What team would you use to take these monsters out? Feel free to leave your step-by-step process down below (Doesn't have to be so detailed as you lay out turn after turn, but just a general plan and your logic behind it).

Replies

• Anakin, qgj, fives, palp, sth
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Anakin, qgj, fives, palp, sth

Why those five? What makes them 10/10 counters for these five? Do they have the most damage output in the game, are they the fastest, does Fives' basic oneshot the entire team in one go? Explain pls
  • Ackbar, Wedge, Lando, Biggs, and STH

AoE and extra turns are the key to beating this squad that has no firepower whatsoever.

Open with Ackbar tactical genius then either Lando AoE (should get to use AoE again), Wedge AoE, Biggs assist. It should be mop up from there.
  • Hit auto
  • The problem with this team is that there isn't enough damage output. Once you go up against a droid team or a variation of dangerzone your done. Barris has no place in arena. Sorry.

Just because a team can take a beating doesn't mean its good for arena. You need speed and A LOT of damage output.
  • Never figured it would be good as a team, I was just curious how people would go about defeating them. It seemed like an interesting question to ask, considering the amount of tanks and taunts involved.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Sophos wrote: »
    The problem with this team is that there isn't enough damage output. Once you go up against a droid team or a variation of dangerzone your done. Barris has no place in arena. Sorry.

Just because a team can take a beating doesn't mean its good for arena. You need speed and A LOT of damage output.

Bariss can actually be fielded in a very specific top 5 team. IGD(L), Aayla, Ani, Bariss, B2.

The entire team has well over 50k health+prot each when modded so they can take a beating and it's brutal vs aoe. Bariss can heal 2,500 to all on a basic or counter, plus that great heal...and she removes debuffs on jedi at the end of her turn. B2 strips opponent buffs so no offense up, crit up or taunt which lets u target their hitters and slow their damage quickly.

O...and I have beaten both Droids and Dangerzone without fail and held top 5 on an old shard with this team.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    The problem with this team is that there isn't enough damage output. Once you go up against a droid team or a variation of dangerzone your done. Barris has no place in arena. Sorry.

Bariss can actually be fielded in a very specific top 5 team. IGD(L), Aayla, Ani, Bariss, B2.

The entire team has well over 50k health+prot each when modded so they can take a beating and it's brutal vs aoe. Bariss can heal 2,500 to all on a basic or counter, plus that great heal...and she removes debuffs on jedi at the end of her turn. B2 strips opponent buffs so no offense up, crit up or taunt which lets u target their hitters and slow their damage quickly.

O...and I have beaten both Droids and Dangerzone without fail and held top 5 on an old shard with this team.

That's a cool idea, but have you tried Rex (or even Ashoka) in the lineup instead of Bariss? Seems to me like there's a number of possibilities for that spot that might be better than Bariss.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »

That's a cool idea, but have you tried Rex (or even Ashoka) in the lineup instead of Bariss? Seems to me like there's a number of possibilities for that spot that might be better than Bariss.
    I'd even go old school and throw Daka in there instead of Bariss.

• Bariss is one of the worst toons in the game and a terrible terrible lead.
  • First, I would take Bariss, Sun Fac & RG's protection off, then kill SunFac first if possible, wait for Barriss to heal, then kill priority Bariss>SunFac>RG>Scarif Rebel Pathfinder>5's. Obviously you'll be dealing with taunts, but that's how I'd approach it.
  • Poxx wrote: »

Very interesting team! Congrats!
  • B2 plus any 4. Solved
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Bariss's cleanse can b done better by Rex. But, Rex has lower health and his ability is not a passive like Bariss's is. Also, that 2,500 group heal proc on basic also happens when she counters and Rex can't counter under IGD.

Daka's stun is great, true. But, I don't want them stunned. I want them aoe'ing. The strength of the team is in countering. Plus, I have to fight for #1 frequently with under 2 mins on the clock. Need to b fast.

Ahsoka (hardest hitting Jedi), even with a crit reduction arrow, eats too many aoe crits and loses all her special stuff. Plus, her health pool even with her bonus, is dismally low.
  • I'd use as full an AoE team as possible. Lando, Wedge, Palpy, Anakin, maybe Biggs, since Biggs and Wedge have good synergy. Or use Clone Sarge for TM reduction. Wouldn't have to worry about them knocking anyone down since their damage output is crap.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I could just hit auto with my current arena team

Lando, Wedge, Biggs, Palp, ST Han
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    Hit auto

+1

Your team is not a threat, just have punching bags.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Barriss Offee (L), Royal Guard, CT-5555 "Fives," Sun Fac, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder. All max levels, gear, fully starred, all abilities maxed, and RNG is on their side.

What team would you use to take these monsters out? Feel free to leave your step-by-step process down below (Doesn't have to be so detailed as you lay out turn after turn, but just a general plan and your logic behind it).

Anakin (L) plus clones, Rex, 5555's, Sgt, Echo or ALL clones + Cody or replace RG for Rex (you need dispel).

Clones is the answer
  • RU486 wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »

I'd even go old school and throw Daka in there instead of Bariss.

Yeah was thinking the same thing no way I would sacrifice offense for heals.. For that matter Lumi would do the job nicely also..