Squad Arena: IT'S A TRAP!

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited December 2015
Okay not really. But it can seem that way once you start getting wrapped up in competition. So just a bit of advice for newer players who may be stressed that they won't be able to compete with players who are currently in the top 10 on their servers.

1. You won't be at the top unless you shell out mucho $$$ because at least on the servers with no players at 60, that's how those guys got there.
2. Eventually we will all cap at 60 so the level differences will matter much less and maybe actual strategy will matter more.
3. Most importantly: the main reason to do this activity is to get arena tokens. And EA set this up nicely so that there are diminishing returns with rank. Basically you get very few extra tokens for finishing higher up unless you are in the top 5, and even then it doesn't matter much.
To give you an example: rank 200 gets you 700 tokens, and rank 21 gets you only 775, about 10% more.
Yes, getting crystals for a reward is great, and if you can manage to get into the upper tiers go for it. But otherwise, don't sweat it too much. Even rank 500 is 600 tokens.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• True. What you really need is a good amount of tokens. I can snipe 2-10 ranks nps but I have stopped trying to do that. It takes too much timing efforts for not much better rewards.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »

To give you an example: rank 200 gets you 700 tokens, and rank 21 gets you only 775, about 10% more.
    Yes, getting crystals for a reward is great, and if you can manage to get into the upper tiers go for it. But otherwise, don't sweat it too much. Even rank 500 is 600 tokens.

Exactly, and don't forget that you get 100 tokens for the daily activity as well.

If you manage to stay in the 100-200 range you can get 800 tokens a day, enough to buy 2 sets of 5 shards from the Arena Shipment store.

200-500 range gets you 700 in total. Yes it's frustrating that you don't get to buy two arena shipments per day but you get to every 2nd day at least.

Yes, those in the top 20-100 range earn 25-75 tokens more each day but in the end it only amounts to an extra shipment purchase every 3-4 days so it's really not a big deal.

I'm quite happy to be stuck in the 100-200 range each day to be honest because it's so much effort to aim for the top 100 that I can't be bothered most of the time.
  • Slushie wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Exactly, and don't forget that you get 100 tokens for the daily activity as well.

If you manage to stay in the 100-200 range you can get 800 tokens a day, enough to buy 2 sets of 5 shards from the Arena Shipment store.

200-500 range gets you 700 in total. Yes it's frustrating that you don't get to buy two arena shipments per day but you get to every 2nd day at least.

Yes, those in the top 20-100 range earn 25-75 tokens more each day but in the end it only amounts to an extra shipment purchase every 3-4 days so it's really not a big deal.

I'm quite happy to be stuck in the 100-200 range each day to be honest because it's so much effort to aim for the top 100 that I can't be bothered most of the time.

I noticed the reward amounts you posted are different than what I'm seeing for my server.

here are the reward token amounts on my server currently:

1 = 1000 tokens
    2 = 950 tokens
    3 = 900 tokens
    4 = 875 tokens
    5 = 850 tokens
    6-10 = 800 tokens
    11-20 = 775 tokens
    21-50 = 750 tokens
    51-100 = 725 tokens
    101-200 = 700 tokens (you said 800)
    201-500 = 600 tokens (you said 700)

so it seems my server is getting 100 less than yours.

can you please confirm?
  • I believe he added the tokens you get from daily activities as well?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Slushie was including the daily activity tokens.

Obviously the reason to go for the higher levels is crystals. Where tokens level off at around rank 20, that's just when crystals really get going. So basically, the rich get richer. :) It's not worth chasing after for most people.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yes I was including the 100 from daily activities (Complete 3 arena fights) :)
  • Put it this way, the top guys will spend all of their earned crystals on refreshes + their pocket money to buy more to keep top. It's not like the rewards is enough for them to be at top positions. So yeah, unless you are going to spend a lot of money, don't bother trying for top ranks.
  • ah thanks.. sorry I re-read Slushie's post.. my bad.. I have trouble reading carefully a lot of times.. :#
  • Money doesn't buy much for those playing since soft launch. The level cap has us working on odd characters that will never actually compete in PvP. I suspect the Arena will be an even playing field very soon as everyone gears, trains, and promotes the best characters.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
This discussion has been closed.