Beginners Guide - Raids/Guild

Keaven
1099 posts Member
edited December 2016
If you haven't read the beginners guide and f2p farming guide they are a good place to start, as this guide expands on those strategies when it comes to raiding.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1195/beginners-guide-its-all-about-the-tables

With the release of the AAT raid, there are now 3 tiers of guilds/divisions you should be looking for. Each a stepping stone to the next.

1. TIV Rancor
2. Heroic Rancor
3. Heroic AAT

Before you promote your first 7☆ hero look for a good active TIV guild.

From there you want to be doing heroic rancor raids ASAP, and in time (from creation at least 6-9 months for f2p) you may have a strong enough roster to join a heroic AAT guild/division.

Don't worry about normal AAT raids. You will get heroic AAT raid ready faster by earning higher ranks in a weaker rancor guild than you will somewhere they can finish normal AAT raids in less time.

You will gain the most rewards from raids by doing the highest tier raids you are able as regularly as possible, such as in a guild/division with 50 players banking 30K tickets per day, as long as you are not losing tickets by hitting the 150K guild cap.

Once you have a 7☆ hero, although you will not rank very high initially in heroic rancor raids, you will get better rewards than doing lower tier raids.

The bottom rank awards for a heroic rancor raid are better than all but the top 4 ranks of a TVI raid.

Optimal raid loot will help you develop good raid squads faster, if you desire.

There is also a balance between raid frequency and guild power that will get you maximum loot.

For eg, you may be in a high powered guild of 50 banking 30K tickets per day, clearing normal AAT raids in 3/4 refreshes, but if you can't rank in the top 10 you would get better rewards in a weaker guild/division, even if it raids less frequently.

So before you go ape about daily 600s consider this when chosing a guild. It is very easy to overpower a rancor raid, so particularly early on you will progress faster in a weaker guild/division.

This is a general guide to help you understand basic raid mechanics so you can develop your own battle strategies based on your chosen heroes.

The best long term goal is to make the most of the heroes you are already upgrading for arena ranking until you hit level cap, max their upgrades, and you are doing heroic raids. Then you may like to develop raid specific heroes as you gain the resources to do so.

Strategies you find successful in early tier rancor raids will likely be completely useless in heroic raids, causing you to waste resources, and potentially lose better awards on other more important tables, such as the squad arena in the mean time.

You can maximise your raiding damage with a smaller more focused roster.

Each battle will last longer and deal more damage, particularly with the use of retreats (from the menu top left of any battle), which reset a battle completely if you got unlucky RNG.

Escape is an ability that will bring a hero out of the battle saving them from enraged enemies without reseting the battle.

Escaping has a high chance for success in low tier raids, so make sure you try and escape your heroes before the enraged cool down reaches 0, shown in the scull icon at the top left of a raid battle. This is when the enemies can start killing your heroes with 1 hit.

Escaping is not a viable strategy in higher tier raids when the success rate is very low, by then is when you may wish to work on specific raiders anyway.

This will enable you to have 5 battles per day in a raid reusing your strong and focused heroes, rather than a broad range of weak heroes you cannot afford to level or gear, which do little damage before being wiped out anyway.

Give things a go because you can always retreat to try again, and the rewards for ranking higher than everyone else are not scaled that favourably, so you aren't missing out on much while you practice.

Even if you get 0 damage the rewards will help your game progress. You won't get any raid loot if you don't at least register 0 damage to get on the raid leaderboard.

Learn what the bosses abilities are, paying attention to when the cooldowns expire, and what triggers them to be used so you can plan the ability use of your heroes.

For example, you can use a buff that you want to waste the rancors roar, so that in the next turn a hero can taunt without it being dispelled. Also, when roaring the rancor is not attacking and dealing damage.

If you are looking to maximise your raid loot try and find an organised guild to help, such as Fear The Boot:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62109/ftb-academy-49-50-fast-track-new-players-tiv-open
Profile: Keaven
Guild: Fear The Boot
Post edited by Keaven on

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated OP to include raid frequency vs raid ranking benefits.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated for AAT content.
  • Options
    Might not be the best place to ask, but we are struggling to find solid information to back up our claims. Is it better for a multi level guild to have a rotation of the Rancor Raid, like do Tier 6, 3, 6, 4, 6. 5. Repeat in terms of loot for everyone or to do a straight Tier 6 over and over again? Looking at the loot rewards for Tier 6, only the top 3 spots show a difference in rewards, but it's only between the "chance of" and "guaranteed" gear drops. Guildie feels we are using the lower levels for upper levels gains, which might be true but it's unintentional, we just want to make it fair for everyone so everyone gets loot and has fun. Thanks!
  • sumpahinisaya
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry if i interrupt or something, and pardon me if my english was bad.
    I'm desperately want to ask something, does anybody know how can i change my nickname in this game? please answer asap. thank you.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bohlareon wrote: »
    Might not be the best place to ask, but we are struggling to find solid information to back up our claims. Is it better for a multi level guild to have a rotation of the Rancor Raid, like do Tier 6, 3, 6, 4, 6. 5. Repeat in terms of loot for everyone or to do a straight Tier 6 over and over again? Looking at the loot rewards for Tier 6, only the top 3 spots show a difference in rewards, but it's only between the "chance of" and "guaranteed" gear drops. Guildie feels we are using the lower levels for upper levels gains, which might be true but it's unintentional, we just want to make it fair for everyone so everyone gets loot and has fun. Thanks!
    It is always better doing the highest tier raid you are able to beat providing you are not burning tokens by hitting the 150K cap. This may mean you will need to do a lower tier raid every now and then if you are taking longer to defeat the highest tier able slower than you are banking the tokens to launch it.

Any guild members that cannot field strong squads due to star level requirements will still be getting better rewards in lower raid rankings so long as they have at least 1 hero with the star level needed, even if scoring 0.

For eg if your guild can do Tier 6 raids in 4 days but you are banking tokens fast enough to launch every 3 days then you should do a tier 5 raid when you get to 100K tokens or something like that, to make sure you don't waste any.
  • Options
    I'm desperately want to ask something, does anybody know how can i change my nickname in this game? please answer asap. thank you.

Write the support a message I guess.
  • Options

In the upper left area of the main screen, you'll see your level and current nickname. Press that area. It will bring a new screen up showing more information about your account. There is a pencil icon next to your current name. Click that to edit your nickname.