When will we be able to log swgoh in different OS

Prev1

I live in Brazil. Here and in many other countries the price of the crystals is absurdly different in between IOS and Android. EA and CG losing money on this because many fail to spend in IOS because they feel jerks knowing that your neighbor spends 1/5 of the value .

If I solve mobile switch to a another OS, AE and CG will force me to abandon my account there since November ?

Many games offer this option !

Please work it

Replies

• I agree
  • Yes I would love it to be tied down to a Ea account or something. i have a android tablet and a iPhone. and would love to play on my bigger screened device. rather than leave my account ive had since may.
  • This will be sure to ruffle some feathers. Note the important update at the bottom:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/13/game-center-removed-homescreen-ios-10-beta-1/
    SnakesOnAPlane

• Any EA/CG team member can answer me if there is a job of that ?
  • A mod posted in a different thread on the same topic and stated that it would not likely happen soon since the development team has a lot on their plates. I was curious about the same thing though and opened a live chat with an EA customer support rep who claimed that as long as the account is linked to a Facebook then the data should carry over. Not sure if I trust that information but for what it's worth I've got the email transcript.
  • Bberg13 wrote: »
    A mod posted in a different thread on the same topic and stated that it would not likely happen soon since the development team has a lot on their plates. I was curious about the same thing though and opened a live chat with an EA customer support rep who claimed that as long as the account is linked to a Facebook then the data should carry over. Not sure if I trust that information but for what it's worth I've got the email transcript.

please, you can share this email transcript?
  • Bberg13
    57 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Bberg13 wrote: »
    A mod posted in a different thread on the same topic and stated that it would not likely happen soon since the development team has a lot on their plates. I was curious about the same thing though and opened a live chat with an EA customer support rep who claimed that as long as the account is linked to a Facebook then the data should carry over. Not sure if I trust that information but for what it's worth I've got the email transcript.

please, you can share this email transcript?

Dominic Gil. How may I assist you today?

you: Hello, I've got a few questions regarding account support between ios and android

Dominic : Hi there! Sure, all answer you with the best I can!
    Dominic : I'll*

you: I've read on various topics that this is currently not something that is supported but I've also seen that a few people have been offered crystals to compensate for the potential loss of investment when switching platforms. Is this still something that is taking place?

Dominic : Well, I'm not entirely sure, as it is depending on the situation! The studios are the ones providing the compensation. Compensations are given if the error was happened on our ended, for example losing your progress in the process of switching platforms

you: I suppose I'll give a little more information about my current situation to help with the question. I'm currently playing on an android device and, with all the complications surrounding the Galaxy Note 7, I'm looking at switching to the new iPhone when it comes out. I have invested quite a bit of money over the past few months that I've been playing. I would hate for the switch to completely negate the time and money that I have spent playing the game.

Dominic : I understand! Of course, there are some workaround for it, but may be a little complicated. To confirm first, you have the option to link your game to Facebook, correct?

you: I do not, unfortunately. I do not have an active facebook account. my player ID is ____ and it is tied to the email account ______

Dominic : Oh, I understand. However, the easiest and most quickest way to transfer your game progress cross platform, is via Facebook. You'll just going to sync you game data to Facebook from Android, then when you have the iOS device, open your game and access your Facebook so that you will have the option to sync your account from Facebook to iOS. Simple, correct? Well as much as cross platform is concerned, I don't think Android and iOS will ever be friends to share data cross platform.

you: If I use this method will I keep all of my current saved data? As in unlocked characters, level progress, and items?

Dominic : Yes, that is correct! Most mobile games use this method, so I'm pretty confident with it!

you: Okay, thank you!

Dominic : No worries here! Is there anything else I can help you with?

you: Not at the moment, I appreciate it.

Dominic : Okay then! Feel free to contact us back if there are other issues.

Dominic : Thank you for contacting EA, you can end the session by clicking on the end chat button.

I took out my email and user ID but everything else is a direct copy and paste
  • Anyone have devices and such to try this with? I'd be curious if it's really that simple but I highly doubt it.
  • Posting correspondence with support is a violation of tos
  • Bberg13 wrote: »
    Anyone have devices and such to try this with? I'd be curious if it's really that simple but I highly doubt it.

Thanks for posting the transcription. I, and members of my guild, tested and not worked.

Still waiting on this topic some response from developers .
  • Not that it matters. Because of threads like these, the prices are now the same for Android and iOS.
  • Not that it matters. Because of threads like these, the prices are now the same for Android and iOS.

Not in my country!
  • Keeping this on page 1 will make sure it wont be for long :S
  • Help keeping this topic on page 1.
  • Help keeping this topic on page 1.
  • It is important we focus the issue on a single topic (not be need mine). I believe the devs give more attention to a single topic that is always on page 1 of the many occasional topic.
  • I agree... and its stupid that a mobile multi-platform game anchors you to an specific device, and its even more stupid because its a cross-play game.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Im going to need to halt my spending...if there're isnt a way to anchor my account soon.

thats what I did... I spent money on this game... and I refusse to start over without those gems. Im máx lvl, with 18 7* characthers and 1 gear X and 1 gear XI
  • still no answer? :neutral:
  • Agree. I wish EA would set up this game on Facebook so I can play the same game I was playing on my old android phone on my iphone as well.
  • +1 here. Makes it very hard to continue playing when you switch from Android to iOS
  • This really does suck, I have taken a look at a few of these threads and it seems like it is a huge request. I guess it doesn't get worked on since their dens are focusing on new content and ways to make money. I have stopped playing now that I switched to the iPhone - there is no sense in starting over, spending more money on something that is non-transferrable. They just need to add an option to sync the game data / link the account with Facebook instead of the proprietary game services of each device ( I think this only makes sense to launch with this feature ).
  • I say if your burning money on an apple device then you can afford to start over.

Android leaves iPhone in the dust on every lvl for half the price.
  • still no answer? :(
  • I say if your burning money on an apple device then you can afford to start over.

Android leaves iPhone in the dust on every lvl for half the price.

This is not about iOS vs Android. This is not about the price of the devices (I have and iPad because it was a gift)... it's about how this game can make you waste time and money, because you cannot change the OS.
  • Seriously CG, let us login with our EA/Origin account.. same way we log into these forums. Other EA mobile games allow us to do this. There is no reason why this shouldn't be implemented very soon.
  • Yes please. EA, if you are serious about this game, please implement this feature.
  • No answer... :'(
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I say if your burning money on an apple device then you can afford to start over.

That is one of the dumbest responses I have ever heard.
This discussion has been closed.