IG88
IG88
Poggle
now I'm torn between, IG100 (to tear jedi up) or Gen soldier or even lobot
would love to hear suggestions :)

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Best option is probably Poe. I'm running Geo and works well too.
  • Poggle ok on his own without the geo?
  • Poe. If Poe goes first, you will attack with your entire team at least once (with offense up) before any other moves.
  • I was thinkin about this... Poe or Sidious with Poggle and the droids? I understand Poe thing, but the combo Sidious/IG88 is really killer. I dont know what to do. If HK goes before IG88 will be no doubt (Poe), but this isnt the case...
  • Anyone experienced with IG100?
  • We have a Droid team on our Leaderboard. Poggle, HK, IG-88, IG-86 and Poe. They seem to climb up into the top 5 then end up in the 30-40s. I think it's a build that is easy to beat higher level teams using AI, but easily beatable when the AI uses it.

A good example of why it would be great to have an Offence and a Defence option.
  • CPLEE wrote: »
    Poggle ok on his own without the geo?

Poggle doesn't need GS. He is ok without him. Probably best option is Poe for you. Or you could use Lobot to increase speed and for healing the team+removing debuffs.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, I run HK lead, 88, 86, Pog, and Geo. I snipe my way up to top 5 every day before prizes, then fall back to 20s or 30s overnight. I have Poe at 4* gear 7 and I have tried to swap him in for defense, but I'm only lvl 58 so need to wait two levels for his extra speed that will put him into round 7 to really make him effective.

Geo is a good fit. He is easy to farm, has good speed, and more hp than 88 or 86. His basic does good damage and has a chance to give himself offense up. Him or Pog will go first. Good for blasting down a glass cannon or healer on first turn, either killing them outright, or setting up the kill for the next guy.

His special does very good damage with an assist call. If he calls a droid, the droid has a chance to crit and gain turn meter. It's great when he calls HK as it can make him go before 88, setting up 88s AOE for more dmg. If he calls Poggle they both have a damage bonus and a chance for Pog to ability block.

His unique gives an increased chance for crit for Geonosian allies. I believe it applies to himself as well. He also gets a 30% turn meter gain on crits just like the droids do.

Haven tried IG-100, but from everything I hear, and looking at his skills, he seems underwhelming. His turn meter reduction skill looks good, but it's only 45% chance at max, and his speed is bad. Seems like he would go after all but the slowest enemy toons without getting a turn meter bonus, and 30% reduction of empty enemy turn meters won't help.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • CptCaveman wrote: »
    Yeah, I run HK lead, 88, 86, Pog, and Geo. I snipe my way up to top 5 every day before prizes, then fall back to 20s or 30s overnight. I have Poe at 4* gear 7 and I have tried to swap him in for defense, but I'm only lvl 58 so need to wait two levels for his extra speed that will put him into round 7.

Haven tried IG-100, but from everything I hear, and looking at his skills, he seems underwhelming. Might be good against a Jedi team.

so level geo up as well as poe? swapping in poe after I'm done with arena?
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That's my plan. I did try Poe on defense last night, but I still dropped from 2nd at rewards yesterday to 31 right now. Will still be able to snipe into top 5 before rewards though, so it's all good. He has almost 800 less power than my Geo, so it may have hurt more than helped in just the psychological aspect. My server shard is not as tough as what I hear about here on forums, quite a few lvl 61s, but no really big spender teams.

Like I said, I need to get to 60 so Poe can go 7th round and put some more stars on him to get his power up. He will become much more effective then.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I'm on a young server, high 50s couple 60s. reason I wanna push this team, I have sid and dooku, spent £300+ trying to get old Ben, so I want a team that's farm able without cash injection as I can't keep pumping money in for old Ben. so I want a team that isn't "common" so many kylo, phasma and sid dooku teams I don't wanna just be a sheep, and i hardly if ever see droid teams so it's "different" ... if I had lando I'd go scoundrel. long story short, I really wanna make this work ... I wanna bench my kylo sid dooku etc
  • What about Vader for his mega AOE?

That will turn 88 into a monster.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lobots leader skill looks good, but the question is when does it actually go into effect, because it's not on the first rounds. If it was, the 25 speed would move 88 up into round 7, giving him a chance to go first and ability block everyone. If it only goes into effect after lobots turn, then it's not so great.

Hks 30% turn meter on crit is still better. You get 300 to your turn meter on a crit, which happens a lot with crit chance bonuses on crit based characters, and with 88 and HK both having a chance to get multiple crits on aoes and go twice.

Lobot may still have a place on a droid team for his dispel with heal and boosted speed for himself.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    We have a Droid team on our Leaderboard. Poggle, HK, IG-88, IG-86 and Poe. They seem to climb up into the top 5 then end up in the 30-40s. I think it's a build that is easy to beat higher level teams using AI, but easily beatable when the AI uses it.

A good example of why it would be great to have an Offence and a Defence option.

This seems to me to be a win or lose team (emphasis on the win). Poggle's buffs keep the droids dmg WAY UP, at the same time Poe's taunt keeps all the incoming dmg away from the glass cannons (the droids). I have IG88 and 86. The only reason I don't use them as much as I should is they go down too quickly, and I do t have a taunt with enough DMG to make it worth it. Sounds like poe might be just the guy.
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    What about Vader for his mega AOE?
    That will turn 88 into a monster.

One thing that might be fun to experiment with would be to drop HK for Vader. Once Vader's AOE is landed IG88 becomes a killer, with his default attack and his own AOE.
    I'm just spitballin here tho. I don't have HK so not sure if he is good to drop for Vader. I have played against HK tho and I'm thinking Vader might overwhelm opponents in a very good way.
    I like the way you think MackemSlam!!