There should be a penalty for putting non compatible toons in a team

Prev1
Like Rey gets angry and has 20% chance to attack her own team if EP is in her team.
If Kylo Ren en Han are in the same team, Han has 20% chance to reduce health of Kylo to 50% and Kylo has 80% chance to make Han kill himself.

I see so many teams that defy logic. Nobody should be allowed to mess with the force like this.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I like it!
  • Options
    Like Rey gets angry and has 20% chance to attack her own team if EP is in her team.
    If Kylo Ren en Han are in the same team, Han has 20% chance to reduce health of Kylo to 50% and Kylo has 80% chance to make Han kill himself.

I see so many teams that defy logic. Nobody should be allowed to mess with the force like this.

Not this, but there needs to be enhanced (better than leader bonus alone) for a congruent team... i.e when all 5 member meet the leader requirements
  • Options
    Lillegre wrote: »

Not this, but there needs to be enhanced (better than leader bonus alone) for a congruent team... i.e when all 5 member meet the leader requirements

Agreed. Full synergy bonuses. Oh wait, but then droids will be droidier...
  • Options
    Completely agree that there should be a bonus for synergy teams. Run a team of 5 FO character then they should all get something like 20% increase to offense. Team of 5 scoundrels gain 20% critical chance, full team of droids/jawas 20% critical damage, etc.

The bonus has to be good to encourage us to play a full team as opposed to running a team of mixed characters.
  • Options
    Yes, there should be a SUBSTANTIAL bonus for same-synergy members. All Jedi, All Jawa, All Ewok, All Nightsisters etc etc

And of course, more Duo-synergies (a la Biggs and Wedge) would create even more strategies and possibilities.
  • Options
    Bonuses for same teams? Sure, penalties for random teams? No
  • Options
    Yes, there should be a SUBSTANTIAL bonus for same-synergy members. All Jedi, All Jawa, All Ewok, All Nightsisters etc etc

And of course, more Duo-synergies (a la Biggs and Wedge) would create even more strategies and possibilities.

I support 100%! I would love to see factions benefit each other way more. And I think the even a trio synergy would be awesome! How cool would it be if Vader, Palpatine, & Tarkin all had a trio synergy bonus.
  • Options
    I actually like the idea of a small negative applied to characters that are normally directly opposed. Like Poe vs Phasma could be simply -10% attack power to both. I'm not saying this is the answer but at least it's a decision involved in your team composition whereas now it's just whatever you feel like or if it's the most powerful. Not saying nerfs by any means, but anything to make your squad more meaningful.
  • Options
    I like the idea of negatives. Keeps teams in check. Rey might not be good with dark side characters.
  • Options
    Negatives/nerfs never make anyone happy lol. I like the ideas of small synergy bonuses either directly (wedge/biggs) or something faction wide. Aside from droids (even then droid teams have only 3 of the droids), every faction i think of is non existent in the top 30 or more. Good teams are just the best member of a couple different factions tossed into a pile currently. That should still be viable for sure, however a little something to bring the factions to the table would be nice!
  • Options
    I feel like if this was the case you would see even less diversity in arena teams. If there was a really substantial bonus to faction synergy, then people would use teams with 5 characters from the same faction instead of mix and match.

That would limit the number of possible team compositions to the number of factions instead of the number of different ways you can combine any 5 toons from the game.

Furthermore, certain factions would certainly be better than others. There would certainly still be some semblance of a meta consisting of 1 or a few factions that dominate in arena.

So, ultimately, we would be more limited in the teams we could use, and the teams we would face would possibly be more redundant.
  • Options
    Agreed. Full synergy bonuses. Oh wait, but then droids will be droidier...

Droid bonus under HK lead... IG88 leader bonus engages as well ^_^ Mwahahahahahaha!
  • Options
    the idea is a holo table game, NOT reality or canon or anything like that.

nothing wrong with putting together a team of whoever you want in the team.

quit crying you lost and learn how to play.
  • Options
    I've always wanted to see RG changed. Have his automatic taunt only activate if it's an Empire toon that falls below 50% health. Otherwise he has to wait till his turn to taunt.

I figured that would give us more Empire teams and make them viable in arena. However EP came out so now it doesn't really matter lol
  • Options
    No negatives as that wouldn't make sense in increasing possible "fun" teams. Besides this isn't based on logic, otherwise you wouldn't have anakin and vader in a team or old sid new palp or sthan and Han Solo.
    As many said before this is a holo game which makes you choose who you want to play with. I'm all up for synergy and duo bonus' but not for negatives.
    Besides Rey is old news and non meta at this point so who cares.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    What about leadership/unique bonuses given (or subtracted) from BOTH teams?
    Like QGJ: All Jedis (both teams) gain +23 speed, or Tusken Raider gains +10% offense per living Tusken in the battle.
    That would certainly make interesting twists when you gain from the opposite team's leadership skills too :)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Some idea.

Princess Leia

Leia being limited to shooting only once (instead of up to three) whenever Darth Vader is fielded, regardless if Ally or on Enemy Team.

Rey
    When Kylo Ren is on the field, regardless if on allied team or enemy team, Rey starts with halved stats for the first three rounds (half speed, half offense, half crit chance etc) , but on round 4 and after, she gains +10 % stat-bonus instead.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »

quit crying you lost and learn how to play.

Hmmm, i didnt know i lost and wasnt crying.
    And i do know it s not reality.
    Rey is not gonna tuck me in at night.
    That s something i occasionally cry about.

I just think there would be more beauty in this game if synergies were stronger ( penalty or bonus is basically the same thing).

Bye now, mighty winner you
  • Options
    sounds like a cry to me. a penalty for putting non compatible toons in a team? this isn't canon. it's a holo table game. any character can be and should be put on any team with any other character. that's what makes this game FUN.

but go ahead get your penalty for it. i'll pay the penalty each and every time just so i can have the team i want which is what this game is all about.
  • Options
    Sidious should have a special called order 66 where any clones on either team kill all the opposing team's Jedi.
  • Options
    Sidious should have a special called order 66 where any clones on either team kill all the opposing team's Jedi.

Something along those lines would make a great Leader ability to synergize with clones. Order 66 - XX% chance to call all clone allies to assist whenever Darth Sidious uses a basic attack.

I like the idea of providing a "full faction" boost. Not sure I want it to be game changing though, just enough to consider implementing it. For example, a squad of scoundrels could gain 15% crit chance or something.

I also think it would be fun to have "hidden" synergies. This would be something like Finn having FO synergy, Boba having clone synergy, JKA having Sith synergy, etc. Not something every character has, but a few that would make sense.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    sounds like a cry to me. a penalty for putting non compatible toons in a team? this isn't canon. it's a holo table game. any character can be and should be put on any team with any other character. that's what makes this game FUN.

but go ahead get your penalty for it. i'll pay the penalty each and every time just so i can have the team i want which is what this game is all about.

It is another game mechanic that could create more interesting combinations and decisions. Stop responding to his post in such a childish way. It's obvious to everyone who is "crying".
  • Options
    Set bonuses like with mods perhaps?

But then people with leader abilities that don't require synergy will start complaining that their leader got nerfed...
  • Options
    And which synergy should be the strongest? It's good as it is....
  • Options
    Im against this idea because it will decrease the variety of teams people use.
  • Options
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

Donno if that's true, you would need more toons to have the right counter team depending on who you're fighting. Now arena teams are largely 'one size fits all'.

But it would complicate things further, that's true. And defense would become almost impossible.

It's just my opinion it would make the game more beautiful, more heroic if you will.

And the fact that the game isn't canon doesn't hold up. There are already synergies that derive from the backstory, but they could be better elaborated imo
  • Options
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

Donno if that's true, you would need more toons to have the right counter team depending on who you're fighting. Now arena teams are largely 'one size fits all'.

But it would complicate things further, that's true. And defense would become almost impossible.

It's just my opinion it would make the game more beautiful, more heroic if you will.

And the fact that the game isn't canon doesn't hold up. There are already synergies that derive from the backstory, but they could be better elaborated imo

Just take the example from your first post. No one would run Rey with EP, which would decrease the variety of available teams. Youre entitled to your opponent but Im sorry I just think this is a bad idea. Besides, there already is a penalty for non-compatible toons in a sense. The penalty is you dont get the bonus if youre not compatible with your leader.
  • Options
    Completely agree that there should be a bonus for synergy teams. Run a team of 5 FO character then they should all get something like 20% increase to offense. Team of 5 scoundrels gain 20% critical chance, full team of droids/jawas 20% critical damage, etc.

The bonus has to be good to encourage us to play a full team as opposed to running a team of mixed characters.

Lol see how droids and jawas are still together in this example but the other factions aren't... No, just no. There are enough jawas and droids to have a full team of each so no, droids don't need an even easier chance to wipe you out before you get a turn