I got Poe'd

Prev1
Here's the crime scene. It happens in the fight for 7th rank (after I got payout at 4th, so I have not a perfect, but a decent top-10 team), on a November Arena shard.
Last thing I know, I tapped "battle" and the loading screen finished. 20 seconds of uninterrupted tornado later, this is my first move:

xbpbrLb.jpg

Question:
Can someone explain what just happened?

PS: @Cazaan That's your team there buddy! The one with 5 dudes, all in green :) I've lost tons of battles, but never so fast, so hard!
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Mods
  • Lol
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Did you win?
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Here's the crime scene. It happens in the fight for 7th rank (after I got payout at 4th, so I have not a perfect, but a decent top-10 team), on a November Arena shard.
    Last thing I know, I tapped "battle" and the loading screen finished. 20 seconds of uninterrupted tornado later, this is my first move:

xbpbrLb.jpg

Question:

PS: @Cazaan That's your team there buddy! The one with 5 dudes, all in green :) I've lost tons of battles, but never so fast, so hard!

Heroes should probably be limited by the amount of times they can go before the opposition has an opportunity to attack once.

Example: Once hero A has attacked 3 times they can no longer attack until enemy hero A attacked at least once or something like that...
  • Please tell me you hit the taunt right there...just because.
  • OK, I need to work on my Poe. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Question:

In my best Chris Tucker voice: "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUGG OUT!"

But seriously, mods and some good RNG it looks like. That's pretty impressive (the other team) without Lando.

• Lmao. Jesus that looks bad. OP literally didn't get a single attack in. Anyways, I'm a detective.. Here's what most likely happened.

Round 1
    -Poe goes first, taunts, lowers your teams turn meter, exposes several of your toons.
    -Rey goes next, hits your softest toon with a leverage, and wounds them badly.
    -Palpatine goes next, stuns 4 of your toons.
    -Anakin goes next, uses his aoe, grants offense up to his team kills the wounded toon Rey hit earlier.
    -Phasma goes next uses her aoe, slows your toons.

Round 2
    -Your toons recover from stun but the enemy still has way more TM.
    - Poe goes again, shoots at your toon with his water gun.
    - Rey smacks another one of your toons with a flurry. Probably Old Ben. He is killed.
    - Anakin attacks with his basic.
    - Palpatine attacks with his basic
    - Phasma uses VM. His toons take yet another set of turns before yours do.

Round 3
    - Rey attacks one of your weaker toons.
    - Palpatine attacks one of your weaker toons.
    - Phasma attacks a squishy toon, killing it.
    - Anakin attacks a squishy toon killing it.
    - Your first turn arrives Han can now taunt. And has every buff in the game!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Lmao. Jesus that looks bad. OP literally didn't get a single attack in. Anyways, I'm a detective.. Here's what most likely happened.

Round 1
    -Poe goes first, taunts, lowers your teams turn meter, exposes several of your toons.
    -Anakin goes next, uses his aoe, grants offense up to his team kills the wounded toon Rey hit earlier.

Round 2
    - Rey smacks another one of your toons with a flurry. Probably Old Ben. He is killed.

Round 3
    Or more likely, he played with one character just to get this pic lol.

• Too bad hes shocked
  • RU486 wrote: »
    Lmao. Jesus that looks bad. OP literally didn't get a single attack in. Anyways, I'm a detective.. Here's what most likely happened.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3
    Or more likely, he played with one character just to get this pic lol.
    Maybe lol. He had Ben in there though. But it's totally possible for all that to have happened! That was indeed his first turn though. They all have full protection. I'm sorry you got pounded op, I'll buy you a beer bro.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I'm laughing at just how ridiculous this is. **** happens fam.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Plz fix title.

You got Palped. Big time. I've seen him get 5 unanswered attacks on my team while his other teammates only got 3, total. I think his TM gain on leadership skill is bugged. I have seen him take 3 turns in a row, with all his allies alive (and none stunned). On paper, that shouldn't be possible (Well, 3 in a row is possible, but not the way I've seen it!). He is gaining TM for stuns that were already placed last turn, or something. Something is wrong with EP lead when EP takes more than 60% of the actions of his team, under the right conditions. It goes like Anni gets a turn. Then EP. Then Rey, why don't you get a turn. Then EP. Then EP. Then EP. Then Han. Then EP.

Palp non-lead is more like a better version of Jawa... EP lead is broken.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • I had a very similar thing happen earlier. Wiggs, Lando, Palpatine, and STH. I never got a single turn. I learned real quick that counters are Han's greatest friend. Taunts, some attacks, my Fives and Aayla counter, tons of turn meter. Never even took a turn.
  • Did someone mention getting Poe'd?

62530086.jpg
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Jacen_Solo wrote: »
    I had a very similar thing happen earlier. Wiggs, Lando, Palpatine, and STH. I never got a single turn. I learned real quick that counters are Han's greatest friend. Taunts, some attacks, my Fives and Aayla counter, tons of turn meter. Never even took a turn.

That's why the only viable counter character against aoe is Sun Fac
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Jacen_Solo wrote: »
    I had a very similar thing happen earlier. Wiggs, Lando, Palpatine, and STH. I never got a single turn. I learned real quick that counters are Han's greatest friend. Taunts, some attacks, my Fives and Aayla counter, tons of turn meter. Never even took a turn.

That's why the only viable counter character against aoe is Sun Fac

Ooohwee. B2. Ai likely won't target him, he will get full tm and then you can aoe debuff/dispel.
  • Time to gear him I guess
  • Did you Poe your pants?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Exactly the same happened to me. Non-leading palp stunned my five toons, then the rest attacked, phasma used aoe, palps attacks again. Then my team started to recover from stun, but all the others attacked, phasma used VM and lando flushed my team. All before i could even get 1 attack
  • Remember when the team nerfed damage across the board to prolong fights because matches could be completed withing 90 seconds?

Well now we got people winning in under 30
  • Too bad you weren't left w/ Raid Boss Fives, you would have still had a chance w/ all those buffs!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Good luck making OB faster than their poe..... Unless u use ur own poe, u have to face the lightning and hope ur own EP doesn't get stunned.

Oh u don't have EP or poe? Lol. Lol. Lol. Don't worry just use yoda and u cant lose.
  • RU486 wrote: »
    Did you win?

LOL
  • He want so many times that his Poe isn't even taunting anymore.
  • :p Love the title haha. And also, Rick and morty Rock.
  • This is what has made me hate arena lately. I used to love it. Now it's a cesspool of stoopidity and rediculousness. How a well synergized, fully geared, leveled and modded team, can be taken down like that is nonsense. Like the OP used a bunch of 3 star toons or something. That's just dumb and it's infuriating to have a good team just tossed aside like it's nothing.
  • Lmao. Jesus that looks bad. OP literally didn't get a single attack in. Anyways, I'm a detective.. Here's what most likely happened.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Good job Sherlock! It was all going a little fast for me to recollect everything, but you got the main steps correctly.

Now he Poe has speed = 243. I don't think I can get anyone that fast, so beating him to the starting line is not easy.
    Counters? I think most of my toons had a painless death as they were stunned when it happened. So counters might at most inflict a bit of damage on Phasma and/or Anakin perhaps?
    Health/Protection? He did kill Old Ben, need I say more?
    RNG? Definitely. It's the second time I fight that team, the first time, I just lost (less dramatically).
    What other options? Hack his account and sell his mods maybe? ;)
    Engage someone else? Yes, there are some other fancy teams out there besides his that have Lando, maybe they'll do better?
    Laugh about it? Well, yes, I guess.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/