Suggestion - Excess shards from Chromium and Bronzium turned into a different hero

Yarzahn
329 posts Member
edited January 2016
EDIT - Well, I'm sorry this was posted before:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6686/trade-in-system-for-maxed-character-extra-shards

I can see myself playing this game for a while, as it's pretty fun, game modes are varied, the grind is diluted into various areas (light and darkside shards, cantina, cantina shipments, arena shipments, galactic war shipments) and various aspects (droids/ exp, gear, stars, characters) which helps the sense of progression and accomplishment.

Being a collectionist, I have a major concern: once i get most characters, the chance to get the remaining chromium pack exclusives becomes very very slim.

Are there any plans to add a way to pool excess shards from NRG into different heroes?

Something of the type:
"All shards obtained in choromium and bronzium packs that you cannot use (already have a 7x character) become shards of another random character".

As your collection increases, you know the chances to get anything out of a chromium pack decreases, making you less likely to want to spend money (or spending and then be frustrated/ mad when you get nothing useful). This would help keep people interested and motivated with getting card packs.

Obviously this would only apply to random shards (packs), you wouldn't be able to use shipments or farm nodes of heroes you already maxed to cheat the system.
Post edited by Yarzahn on

Replies

• Just got 32 useless Sidious shards from a 4-pack. This just sucks. Especially after my last 8-pack only gave me one 2* char and now I finally get a 4* but one that I already have at 7*.

This completely removes any motivation for me to buy any further crystals.
  • Just got 32 useless Sidious shards from a 4-pack. This just sucks. Especially after my last 8-pack only gave me one 2* char and now I finally get a 4* but one that I already have at 7*.

This completely removes any motivation for me to buy any further crystals.
    Did you read my post? I want a fix for exactly what happened to you. In this situation those 32 useless shards would be converted into shards for another random hero you still havent maxed. Or even better, a whole different random 4 star characters, with a chance of it being someone you still don't own. Lets face it, the packs arent exactly cheap and i assume pretty soon even the whale P2P spenders will get annoyed at spending money on nothing.
  • They would never do this because it would mean less profit for them. This game is all about making money, not about fair and fun gameplay. Just an fyi. Learn it and live it.
  • JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    They would never do this because it would mean less profit for them. This game is all about making money, not about fair and fun gameplay. Just an fyi. Learn it and live it.

Maybe yes, maybe no. How likely are people to spend money on crystals to buy that next Chrom pack if they have every toon but 3 or 4? If you know the chances of getting the couple characters you need is ludicrously low you won't want to drop the money either.

There's definitely arguments for and against from EA's perspective.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    They would never do this because it would mean less profit for them. This game is all about making money, not about fair and fun gameplay. Just an fyi. Learn it and live it.

Actually, it would probably mean more profit. I'm not a business expert, but I assume even P2P whales, most sane people that are not billionaires will stop injecting money into the game once they get to a point where they do not see improvement.
    It's already frustrating to open a 8 chromium pack and not get shards for heroes that you care about, imagine how much more frustrating it would be to not get any upgrade - period.

They could even get a lower ratio (for example every 10 shards converted into 5, or something else) after they figure out which ratio gives them the most money in the long run.

Obviously the game "is all about making money". Most games are. I'm not 5 years old, i'm well aware of that. But when you charge too much for too little, you lose money in the end.

It's also in the interest of any freemium game of not alienating the occasional spenders or even the free players. Because the fact people are playing it means free publicity and attracting more new customers. A game that has it's playerbase reduced to the P2P whales will stagnate and die. This isn't the case with my suggestion though, merely an observation - the occasional spenders will not reach the situation i described for many months to come. Maybe even never, if they add new characters once in a while. My suggestion would affect mostly the P2P players.

The most successful freemium games have the perfect balance of spending and reward.
    Post edited by Yarzahn on
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I guess the search function is not used.
    Per @CG_JohnSalera in this post.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6686/trade-in-system-for-maxed-character-extra-shards
    This will be in the next update. @EA_Jesse is to provide details in the coming weeks.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I guess the search function is not used.
    Per @CG_JohnSalera in this post.
    This will be in the next update. @EA_Jesse is to provide details in the coming weeks.

Fixed in OP, thanks. Actually i did search with "max" "promote" "7 stars" and some combination of that, but didnt find it.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    ;)