How Much Health Up Does Royal Guard Grant.

War
932 posts Member
edited September 2016
I've had this question in my head for a long time now, but it never really came into play until now. The reason being Emperor Palpatine's leader ability, and how much health increase I can squeeze out of mods. With EP himself I determined health primaries were better since the total life difference was only 2.7K and he's able to heal depleted health but not protection.

So I decided to do the math on the other characters in my team; Vader, Snowtrooper, Magmatooper, and RG, but they all came out to protection being superior, especially in the case of Snow and Magma since neither one has a self heal. RG was the one that stood out as maybe health could be better, but there was an 8k difference in total life and his 6% self heal was only 250 HP higher with health mods.

I thought that was the end of it, but when I mentioned this to my brother, he reminded me of the health up RG grants Empire allies, and that RG heals 6% health for every ally damaged in a turn, not just when someone's damaged. He proved this by saying he did an AoE and RG's health jumped way back up. So he said that it's likely that my Imps would be damaged enough times during a battle to almost make up that 8k difference.

Now I don't know what would be better for my Empire team if I take into account RG's health up buff for Imperial allies, and I can't even do the math on this without knowing how much health up he grants them. I know it's less than Chewbacca's health up of 30%. But if it's at least 20% my preliminary readings puts it at making up that 8k difference on RG, more than makes up Vader's 4k difference, more than Snow's 3k difference, and for Magma it makes up the difference but he has no way of healing the damage, on the other hand that's two turns of an extra 6k health.

So does anyone have an idea on how much health up it is? or even just a vague number like the 20% I'm thinking it could be.

Replies

• Options
    I think health ups are 15% but I could be wrong
  • Defense1236
    737 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Standard buff %
    HoT- 10%
    DoT- 5%
    Health up- 15%
    Health down- 15%
    Potency up- 20%
  • Options
    Interesting. Valueable info here
  • Options
    The AoE thing with RG does not work, another ability must of cause his health to go up, the description even says so
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I guess I'll need to assume it's 15% and re-run those numbers. Vader and Snow should still be good since 20% put them above the total life amount, even if it puts their life totals even between using health or protection mods, health is still more valuable than protection.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    All right re-ran the numbers and it's still protection that wins out in the end when it comes to Vader, Snow, Magma, and RG. The protection on them is simply so high that primary protection mods are winning over primary health mods even with Palpatine's leader ability and health up from RG.

Palpatine seems to be the only character where you'd want health primaries over protection ones. This just proves that health primaries are useless if a leader granting +32% HP can't out do the protection given from mods. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule like with Palpatine but I'm guessing those characters would be Maul, Dooku, and Sidious, since like Palpatine they have low protection to begin with. That would only be with an EP lead team of course.