Leadership Abilities Now Trivialised

With the advent of mods, it now seems to me that too many leadership abilities and other synergies have been largely trivialised by mods.

Some leadership abilities are now no more valuable than a single mod. A +15 or even +30 speed leadership ability used to by default and design give you a fast team, now that can be cancelled by a single mod, and each team has a total of 30 mods.

Same with things like critical damage. +30% crit damage is not even a single mod's worth.

The whole thing is now just mod battles.

Replies

• so this is another complaint?
  • While it's true, that they have the % of a single mod, I would hardly call leader abilities trivialised. What does it matter, if it's 30% and the mod gives 32%? They don't need to be used independetly from each other, and so the 30 and 32 adds up to 62% (in case of crit mods). The same with speed, or any other stat.
  • The higher tier mods will make a leadership static ability trash.
  • Mods with the right leader ability can make up for a lack of speed or evasion or what have you.

It can make it more difficult to set your team up well but you can get things "just so" in a way that you never could before.

It doesn't trivialize leader abilities as much as it does give you the ability to maximize your own leader ability or minimize someone else's.

Unless someone has their EP going at 220 speed or faster (my fastest with leader ability is 219) then I have a good chance of winning.

Crit chance mods make you more effective against a lot of teams but less affective against Rex lead clone teams (a reason I stay away from them).

It's all about perspective. Money helps if you spend enough of it but otherwise: patience, persistence and creativity will win the war, if not the battle.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Good point. Mind... that +25 speed with mods could be the moneymaker when your shard gets maxed out with mods. What mods are is just an endless grind to actually max out your characters now. Once maxed plus +25 speed could be it. Or that plus 30 defence when over 50% health.... :smile: Yeah, they need to rework the whole game tbf, just a huge mess at the moment.
  • Defense leaads need to be juiced up imo

Defense leads in GW can be quit a pain. I lost to a Chewie lead one day... Yikes. In my own defense, I fought the exact same dude on node 12 the next day and won ;)

Defense leads in GW can be quit a pain. I lost to a Chewie lead one day... Yikes. In my own defense, I fought the exact same dude on node 12 the next day and won ;)

Def leader abilities add something like 1% to survivability. Even def secondaries give more.
  • I think it'd be interesting to give all characters that have a leadership ability a second one. Like a offensive and defensive leadership skill and you can only set one active at a time. And make it to where your opponent can't view which one is active. I think it'd spice things up a bit.
  • DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Defense leaads need to be juiced up imo

Def leader abilities add something like 1% to survivability. Even def secondaries give more.

Chewie lead also gives allies defense up for two turns. I'm not saying it's a threat in Arena because it really isn't but when you are going against a Chewie Lead with QGJ and Ani at G11 with Defense mods and Rey at G10 with Heath and speed mods, it certainly makes a difference in GW.

One hit from Ani or Rey takes my toons from full health (protection is usually gone on most of my toons by the end) takes out a gear 9 or 10 toon (Ani puts 3 in the red). Taking them out quick is the key. It is simply harder to do that with lots of armor.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Mods don't trivialize, they enhance. U can balance, u can min/max...anything u care to do. This is an mmo of sorts and luck plays a huge role. Wow, did I just get a 5* gold crit triangle with speed that bumped up 4x...yay. Have I tried for a month and gotten squat...bummer.

Dunno how long I raided in certain MMO's watching raid gear drop for noobs with no dkp that went into a deficit while that 1 piece eluded me for months. It's working as intended. Quit trying to take the surprise and anticipation out of the game. Thx.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Mods don't trivialize, they enhance. U can balance, u can min/max...anything u care to do. This is an mmo of sorts and luck plays a huge role. Wow, did I just get a 5* gold crit triangle with speed that bumped up 4x...yay. Have I tried for a month and gotten squat...bummer.

Dunno how long I raided in certain MMO's watching raid gear drop for noobs with no dkp that went into a deficit while that 1 piece eluded me for months. It's working as intended. Quit trying to take the surprise and anticipation out of the game. Thx.
    You say you can min-max with mods but you really can't. You can significantly boost crits, protection or potency and massively increase speed (at the same time as any of those).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Min/Max is to achieve the highest possible stats u want at the cost of reducing the ones u don't want. This is entirely possible. Long, arduous, expensive...yet possible.

For example. My RG has 6 def. Mods. 1 w/ crit reduction, 1 w/ offense, 2 w/ defense, 1 w/ prot. and 1 w/ potency primaries. All 6 have a defense #, a defense % and a potency %. Exactly what I wanted on him to take his armor to 45% and help ensure his debuffs stick. I min/maxed my RG.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Min/Max is to achieve the highest possible stats u want at the cost of reducing the ones u don't want. This is entirely possible. Long, arduous, expensive...yet possible.

For example. My RG has 6 def. Mods. 1 w/ crit reduction, 1 w/ offense, 2 w/ defense, 1 w/ prot. and 1 w/ potency primaries. All 6 have a defense #, a defense % and a potency %. Exactly what I wanted on him to take his armor to 45% and help ensure his debuffs stick. I min/maxed my RG.
    You'd get more survivability out of stacking protection and health on him. 45% armor is up to 45% survival and his base armor is already 35%, so you're only adding 10% survivability. Health and protection mods can double it.

There have been some pretty detailed analysis threads on def mods/leaderships and all concluded its not the best way to go.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    His base armor is just under 30% I may get a little more survivability according to their math, but crit reduction and mitigation lemme see smaller numbers when they hit him and it's good for my morale.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Might I recommend different leadership... CG simply changed the meta. Rebel teams w ackbar were getting nasty. Speed then dodge ruled the day for a long time.

A leader I would recommend and I play no other clones: Rex. It's lovely post mods watching my turn meter explode.

Wedge is excellent as leader. Ackbar still.
    Palpatine leader is good. Lando leadership is strong. Anakin and HK47 and IG 88. All have great leadership. The meta has changed. I'm sorry your add 20 speed is no longer floating your boat.

And old Ben and dooku still have a place. It's a vibrant arena world.