Buff Boba

Prev1
Yup, it's another Buff Boba thread folks.

He just needs two things: first, make him a clone. Second, give him +10 speed for each clone or scoundrel ally.

Thanks!
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Replies

• No to clone synergy imo
  • No to clone synergy imo

Yeah no Clone synergy. Maybe kid Boba but adult is a no.
  • Well he doesn't relly belong as a clone because he was raised seperately to the other 'clones'. Now Jango Fett should have some synergy with the clones... seeing as he was patient zero.
  • But yes, I also think Boba needs a buff/complete rework. Need to hear the sound of that sweet blaster...
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Not sure how I feel about the clone synergy. On the one hand, he is one. On the other, he didn't really spend much time with them. If he got clone synergy, he'd probably lose scoundrel synergy, and that would be dumb.

Agreed, he needs a buff. For a tank, he's not very tanky. He needs more health/protection. He only hits slightly harder than Barriss and her wet noodle. In that respect, he's like a tank. His basic should be from his rifle, not his wrist rocket. AoE should stay as is.

Either give him health/protection like a tank, or attacking power like an attacker and change his tag from tank to attacker. (I prefer the latter)

I'm just glad they made him ESB Boba, and not ROTJ Boba.
  • Klocko wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about the clone synergy. On the one hand, he is one. On the other, he didn't really spend much time with them. If he got clone synergy, he'd probably lose scoundrel synergy, and that would be dumb.

Agreed, he needs a buff. For a tank, he's not very tanky. He needs more health/protection. He only hits slightly harder than Barriss and her wet noodle. In that respect, he's like a tank. His basic should be from his rifle, not his wrist rocket. AoE should stay as is.

Either give him health/protection like a tank, or attacking power like an attacker and change his tag from tank to attacker. (I prefer the latter)

I'm just glad they made him ESB Boba, and not ROTJ Boba.

More health seems reasonable and sounds like an easy fix. Dengar, as an attacker, has a ton more health than boba, who is tagged as a tank for example. More health could also make his passive unique a little more potent too.

And I agree, his aoe is good. And maybe switch his basic animation to his blaster.

• +1 to buffing Boba
  • His basic is a big problem, why would a tank have a skill that requires finishing blow?
  • Also why doesn't he use his blaster? The REAL Boba knows how to use a blaster...who is this imposter??
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I'd love to see him use that blaster, maybe as a basic single target snipe, turn his wrist rocket into weaker AoE with maybe another debuff giving him two AoE options.
  • Yea his basic should stun and slow down or Remove buffs
  • If his basic was a bit stronger and disintegrated the target on a finishing blow, making them unable to be revived, he'd be much more useful.
    Plus he could do that to Vader, making vader scream "Nooooo...." Which i would assume he'd been trying to say "No disintegrations" but got disintegrated first.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • He needs way more than a simple buff which is why he is being reworked.

If you ask me I think his basic should be the following

Execute: deal physical damage to target, if target is above 50% HP stun the target upon critical hit, if the target is below 50% HP execute the target upon critical hit and gain 50% TM

AoE should be left alone other than upon critical inflict and additional DOT

Leader ability: unchanged

Up in flames (use that flamethrower)
    Deal physical damage to target and inflict "Burn" while target suffers from burn target suffers DOT till death as well as speed and defense down. (Cannot be dispelled expires in 3 turns)

Madlorian resolve
    50% chance to revive once with 50% health and full TM and gain offense up, speed up, evasion up, critical damage up for 2 turns.
  • Clones have been the prerogative of the elite (with the exception of Fives). Boba, as a man of the people, should bridge the divide and carry the twin tags of both scoundrel and clone.
  • Omg @xReDeMpx that's pretty OP
  • Boba train!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Scourge194 wrote: »
    Omg @xReDeMpx that's pretty OP

How exactly is that OP lol?
  • I heard he was at the top of the list of reworks weeks ago. I would assume that means it is coming soon?
  • I heard he was at the top of the list of reworks weeks ago. I would assume that means it is coming soon?

Let's hope so
  • Omg, lmao, I read that as "first, make him a clown, second ..." ...LOL, I was like ****...

+1 though, Boba needs some love and you boys really putting it on the new reworks /applause
  • Basic: +30% TM on Crit Hit would be much better and plausible (scoundrel like) while using his blaster instead of arm flamethrower

My 2 pennies

• Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    My Bobba at lvl 60 isn't bad, I use him in a Lando lead with STHAN team. When Han taunts Bobby gets the speed buff and can gets off his DFA move qucikly. So far he has been the easiest to gear. Pretty soon my all scoundrel team will fall away and be replaced by all rebels, but I will still use themy for heist event and crit mods. Not to mention I'm rank 2 overall on my shard.

My main beef with Boba is the no gun shot, it gets annoying watching him fire his wrist blaster all the time.
  • Or bring in Jabba to buff boba
  • My Bobba at lvl 60 isn't bad, I use him in a Lando lead with STHAN team. When Han taunts Bobby gets the speed buff and can gets off his DFA move qucikly. So far he has been the easiest to gear. Pretty soon my all scoundrel team will fall away and be replaced by all rebels, but I will still use themy for heist event and crit mods. Not to mention I'm rank 2 overall on my shard.

My main beef with Boba is the no gun shot, it gets annoying watching him fire his wrist blaster all the time.

At gear VIII and up, he's brutal to equip. Possibly the worst.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    Clones have been the prerogative of the elite (with the exception of Fives). Boba, as a man of the people, should bridge the divide and carry the twin tags of both scoundrel and clone.

Not true. Never did Boba ever work with clones, he was a lone wolf bounty hunter, just because my nationality is Dutch, I was born in Canada and I am Canadian and Dutch in heritage only. Just like Boba he is a bounty hunter and a clone by heritage only.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @EscapeArtist51 How's the Boba train going? Y'all made it out of Dagobah yet?
  • I don't see Boba requiring an extensive rework.

More of a buff to his basic really should do the trick.

Give him extra crit chance if either he or the enemy is on the yellow, and extra crit damage if both are on the yellow.
  • Boba works with clones about as well as young episode 1 pod-racer Anakin works for the Emperor. Just because he is a clone doesn't mean he should have any clone synergy, which he should not. He was never even associated with clones as the Boba Fett we know him as.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    He needs way more than a simple buff which is why he is being reworked.

If you ask me I think his basic should be the following

Execute: deal physical damage to target, if target is above 50% HP stun the target upon critical hit, if the target is below 50% HP execute the target upon critical hit and gain 50% TM

AoE should be left alone other than upon critical inflict and additional DOT

Leader ability: unchanged

Up in flames (use that flamethrower)
    Deal physical damage to target and inflict "Burn" while target suffers from burn target suffers DOT till death as well as speed and defense down. (Cannot be dispelled expires in 3 turns)

Madlorian resolve
    50% chance to revive once with 50% health and full TM and gain offense up, speed up, evasion up, critical damage up for 2 turns.

Interesting ideas but I think the combined package seems op. Two different dots with one being until death and undispellable? And it also gives speed down and defense down? That's like 3 toons in one. AND his basic will one shot anyone that's at 50% or less. PLUS 50% chance to revive at half health. Yikes. Plus turn meter gain on top of that, whew!
  • Just buff his speed by 30 points since it is the only thing that matters right now :)

Quick fix