General Help

So I've been playing this game for a long time, but just got onto the forums. I am player lvl 55 and would like to just get some clarity on some things.
1) Is it better to focus on acquiring new characters, or building up stars on ones you already have?
2) When upgrading equipment levels, is it still important to then again try to equip the characters right away? Meaning when you upgrade equipment lvl, the stat boosts doesn't seem enough to compensate for the bonuses the equipment was giving to them previously. So I just started assuming that it is smarter to upgrade equipment lvls and then try to get at least 3 or 4 new items equipped right away.
3) Is Ventress's debuff ability bugged? It seems to almost never work.
4) I have seen people complain that this game is pay to win, but really why is that? I have spent almost no money on this game. Using crystals to buy shards is pointless most of the time because you only get 17 shards or so towards a certain character, and then can't guarantee that you'll ever get more to actually acquire that character, so it seems useless to use them for that. Also, you get plenty from dailies, and I generally use mine to renew my energy levels.
5) What is the advantage of keycard battles? They seem pointless.
6) Is there a way to change player name? When I started I breezed past it and they gave me the very common generic Mol Eliza.
7) What upcoming features are expected? Guilds? More characters? There are so many more they can add, but it seems like they haven't been adding that many since launch.

I know that is a lot of questions, but I've had them for a long time. Thanks for any help!!

Replies

• Anybody?
  • dreamer05 wrote: »
    So I've been playing this game for a long time, but just got onto the forums. I am player lvl 55 and would like to just get some clarity on some things.
    1) Is it better to focus on acquiring new characters, or building up stars on ones you already have?
    2) When upgrading equipment levels, is it still important to then again try to equip the characters right away? Meaning when you upgrade equipment lvl, the stat boosts doesn't seem enough to compensate for the bonuses the equipment was giving to them previously. So I just started assuming that it is smarter to upgrade equipment lvls and then try to get at least 3 or 4 new items equipped right away.
    3) Is Ventress's debuff ability bugged? It seems to almost never work.
    4) I have seen people complain that this game is pay to win, but really why is that? I have spent almost no money on this game. Using crystals to buy shards is pointless most of the time because you only get 17 shards or so towards a certain character, and then can't guarantee that you'll ever get more to actually acquire that character, so it seems useless to use them for that. Also, you get plenty from dailies, and I generally use mine to renew my energy levels.
    5) What is the advantage of keycard battles? They seem pointless.
    6) Is there a way to change player name? When I started I breezed past it and they gave me the very common generic Mol Eliza.
    7) What upcoming features are expected? Guilds? More characters? There are so many more they can add, but it seems like they haven't been adding that many since launch.

I know that is a lot of questions, but I've had them for a long time. Thanks for any help!!

1. It is mostly better to improve existing heroes, unless acquiring a new hero fills a large gap before (not having enough heroes for DS for example)
    2. Gear is the largest improvement for heroes. Stars and level make up the difference.
    3. Ventress' ability does have some issues that are mentioned in the bugs/issues forum.
    4. All of the games are "pay to win" but this game is much, much better for free players than a lot of the competition. That said, there is still a lot of room for improvement.
    5. Keycard battles are coming up on a renovation according to the developers. @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera have mentioned as much
    6. I'm not aware of a method to change your name, it is requested a lot though. Tons of Mol Eliza running around.
    7. They aren't firm on any of the upcoming release features, but stay tuned to the forums as we'll find out soon enough.