Confused, why AI when everyone complains about ti?

I read everywhere that people complain about the AI doing things that players would not. I understand the lazy person factor, but if the correct choice is made by the player and the wrong one by the AI why bother...is time really that big of a deal?

Does the AI have a bug where it creates better results on rng? thus the good outweighs the bad choices?

Replies

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What? In squad arena some characters are completely useless because whilst you may be able to use them, the opponents who attack you facing this ai get a free ride and you will drop significantly more.

Also it really ruins any sense of accomplishment you might get from this game to see such useful abilities completely wasted and thrown away, along with their turn, in a game where the match is often decided in 1-2 turns atm
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    What? In squad arena some characters are completely useless because whilst you may be able to use them, the opponents who attack you facing this ai get a free ride and you will drop significantly more.

Also it really ruins any sense of accomplishment you might get from this game to see such useful abilities completely wasted and thrown away, along with their turn, in a game where the match is often decided in 1-2 turns atm

I am still confused. In Squad Arena, I have only lost 3 times out of 50 or so. I do not use the AI ( auto) against the opponent. It is obvious the opponent AI is inferior vs my skill choices and focus of attack.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Kerraii wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »

I am still confused. In Squad Arena, I have only lost 3 times out of 50 or so. I do not use the AI ( auto) against the opponent. It is obvious the opponent AI is inferior vs my skill choices and focus of attack.

You fight, you get rank 20, you go to watch TV, two hours later you are rank 80. That's because you lose a lot of fights when other players attack you (just like you win when you attack them), because AI sucks at depending. Some toons are easier for AI (they are straight forward, like FOTP), but many are useless when AI playa them. Finn would self-buffed for no reason, even if there is an enemy with red health that he could kill that turn
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Kerraii wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »

You fight, you get rank 20, you go to watch TV, two hours later you are rank 80. That's because you lose a lot of fights when other players attack you (just like you win when you attack them), because AI sucks at depending. Some toons are easier for AI (they are straight forward, like FOTP), but many are useless when AI playa them. Finn would self-buffed for no reason, even if there is an enemy with red health that he could kill that turn

Ahh ok so you mean the AI when you are offline. So then what are the characters that seem to take the AI into account for Arena in this regard or is it still a crap shoot anyway?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    AOE chars like Sid and 88, strong damage dealers with assist ability, "fire and forget" buffs like poggle or Phasma, are better options that characters that need to use certainly skills at certain time. For example, Assajj can reset cooldown if she kills with the AOE. A player will save the AOE until an enemy is in bad health. The AI will shoot as soon as possible, wasting it.

If you have to think when to use a skill, then it's bad for the AI. Poggle, for example, you don't have to think. You use the buff in the first turn, 100% of time no matter what. That's good for the AI