Two teams impossible for droid to defend against?

markusfive
297 posts Member
edited September 2016
At least 2. Han Solo and rex. Is there another that's impossible for droids to defend against? What other member is needed to defend against rex teams with their incredible turn meter gain besides a whole new team?

The last question is important

Replies

• Rebels, droids die against rebels. Wiggs and Lando make them scrap heaps.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    By defend, you mean win on defense? Yeah not going to happen with any team.

I run an Empire team with Magmatrooper and I beat the droid teams in the top 10 because after JE goes then HK or 88 will attempt a debuff on Magmatrooper which will make him go next and then I remove everyone else's turn meter for an easy victory.
  • Every team now has a weakness. Droids can beat EVERY team on offense. So don't complain because 2 teams can beat your droids on defense
  • Markus man seriously seriously stop lol...... One thread after another...

Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger
    Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger
    Nerf everything not my team lol.....
  • This was funny but after soooooo many it's getting old....
  • Markus man seriously seriously stop lol...... One thread after another...

Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger
    Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger

I'm asking a legitite question.
  • markusfive wrote: »
    Markus man seriously seriously stop lol...... One thread after another...

Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger
    Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger

No,,you're not
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    markusfive wrote: »
    Markus man seriously seriously stop lol...... One thread after another...

Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger
    Nerf this hero
    Make droids stronger

Ok.....I'll bite this time *sigh*.. what's going on with these teams?

Give me your GG
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/

Screenshot these teams and their mods.
    Tell me your target selection and tell me how you handle your team.

As you can see i use pretty much everything so i know alot of counters to droids , Rex leads and Mr Solo....
  • I mean.... Rex lead is a hard counter to crit based teams. Droids live and die by the crit. You use droids against a Rex lead you're intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage.
  • I mean.... Rex lead is a hard counter to crit based teams. Droids live and die by the crit. You use droids against a Rex lead you're intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage.
    This... But the real question is, where did Han Solo touch you at markus?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    are you seriously asking what teams win on offence vs droids?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Droids suck.

How do you kill anakin who has the health of a tank and the strength of a glass cannon without using criticals then? He's one of the most unbalanced chars in the entire game
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    markusfive wrote: »
    I mean.... Rex lead is a hard counter to crit based teams. Droids live and die by the crit. You use droids against a Rex lead you're intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage.

How do you kill anakin who has the health of a tank and the strength of a glass cannon without using criticals then? He's one of the most unbalanced chars in the entire game

Give us the information i asked above so we can assist you Markus.

Ani is very easy to knock i recommend using offense down heroes and stunners as his counter.

Give us the information before replying please.
  • Markus, I'm not going to demand anything of you because that's ridiculous. I will try to answer your questions as a fellow droid user. That seems to be who your questions are directed towards.

Han Solo

The Han team (probably with a Wiggs lead) will immediately try to stun your JE on offense. The only thing you can really do about this is stack tenacity on JE. Han doesn't really have that much potency (usually see him around 50%), so stacking tenacity on JE may actually be effective. Most people probably put potency as the primary for their JE cross mod but going first is way more important than sticking TDs. Note that I haven't tried this yet myself or know exactly how much potency you need. And yes, this is really just increasing RNG a bit in your favor. It's not a guarantee. If your JE does go first then you need to hope RNG picks the correct kill order against the Wiggs team. Easy to do on offense, not so easy for the AI on defense. Kill order is key against Wiggs.

Rex

Nothing is going to help you here. Clones are the paper to the droids' rock. They are the designed P2P counter to the F2P droids. They will win. They are designed to win this specific matchup. And you know what, that's ok. Learn to live with it and not try to do anything about it. Work on your team for the 80% of other matchups it will have and concede the clones matchup.

General

Droids are great on offense (especially with B2 to remove nasty taunt roadblocks) because they can eliminate 1-2 characters before your opponent goes. They are not as great on defense because if they don't randomly focus on the right characters they will waste their initial burst. Still, lots of people avoid them because they know that if RNG is not in their favor they will lose the entire match in about a minute. I suggest playing up to the droid team's strength and not worry too much about defense. Be very active on offense. Take back your top 5 spot whenever you lose it. Pay for at least 1 50 crystal refresh. I'm on a December server with plenty of top "meta" whale teams at the top and this works for me.