Rancor needs to be buffed

Brazilian_Joe
367 posts Member
edited September 2016
I think the current Raid does not do Rancor justice.

It should be an endeavour which is a bit more of a challenge and require collaboration.

How I would go about it:

1) Rancor gains +1 to +7 speed per living player char depending on Raid difficulty.
2) Rancor suffering speed debuff should have its effectiveness dampened by a multiplicative reduction of 7% per level of Raid Difficulty.

Examples:

Raid level 1, 5 toons alive
Rancor gains +5 speed - as chars die, Rancor's buff reduces effectiveness, so as not to kill the survivors too quickly
Rancor suffers a 50% TM reduction. His debuff dampening is at 7%, which is equal to 50% * 0.93 = 46.5% TM reduction.

Raid Level 7, 3 toons alive
Rancor gains (3* 7) +21 speed.
Rancor suffers a 100% TM reduction. His debuff dampening is at 49%, which is equal to 100% * 0.49% = 51% TM reduction.

This would go a long way to shuffle the Raid dynamics and require more collaboration.
Post edited by Brazilian_Joe on

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Your nuts - if anything he needs a nerf.

If he gets to gobble people up before the end of his cool down (say on 2), just because one of your team mates is below 50% health, then he should only be able to eat that weakened toon - not the toon standing next to him with full health and protection, that's cheating in my opinion.
  • Players can solo the T7 Raid.

That's the only argument I need.

The core of the matter is the overuse of TM mechanics.
    I don't think that TM mechanics are exactly at fault here, they work as advertised.
    I think that a boss needs special mechanics to be more resistant enough to prevent being soloed.

Players shouldn't be able to TM-lock down the boss.

I don't think that TM mechanics are exactly at fault here, they work as advertised.
    I think that a boss needs special mechanics to be more resistant enough to prevent being soloed.

Oh, you mean the ones who've dumped loads of money in the game, or the ones who played since the beginning and have had time to max out their toons? What about people who haven't maxed their raiding characters (95% of players)? I'm sorry you're bored. If you want a challenge, there's some unsolvable math problems out there that might keep you busy, or will you just want those nerfed?
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Unwarranted animosity is unwarranted, going ad hominem and telling the poster go places and do things is a puerile non-argument.

Moving past it, there is little substance to the comment, since soloing a raid is not an exclusive power of P2P players. Sure it makes it easier, but is by no means a requirement.

A 5-char team can very very easily solo one phase, and with some effort the whole Raid, by overusing some mechanics that the "boss" was not properly shielded against. That is not a long investment for a player, and that only serves to diminish the challenge, thus making the one who spent tons in the game looking like fools, since a F2P can in a short order build a proper team to rival this feat, because he only needs 5 out of the 50 toons to do it.

It is more respectful to those who are veterans, paying customers and fans of the lore to have the Raid be a proper challenge which actually requires teamwork to be be beaten, making intelligent use of their roster of players.

• IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    They should come out with a T8 Rancor that drops 6 dot mods to be competitive with the AAT raid.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited September 2016
  • IdraRage wrote: »
    They should come out with a T8 Rancor that drops 6 dot mods to be competitive with the AAT raid.

That is also a good idea, which can also reignite interest on this Raid.
  • They were working on a new raid with a battle tank but info has disappeared on that one.
  • They were working on a new raid with a battle tank but info has disappeared on that one.

Nothing disappeared, they are just refining it, they said it themselves. They are taking their time to release a more well-designed challenge.
  • Just make a T8 rancor.
    The tank takedown when it eventually apears will be much harder it has to be.

Oh, you mean the ones who've dumped loads of money in the game, or the ones who played since the beginning and have had time to max out their toons? What about people who haven't maxed their raiding characters (95% of players)? I'm sorry you're bored. If you want a challenge, there's some unsolvable math problems out there that might keep you busy, or will you just want those nerfed?

Am a free to play player I can solo ph1 easily it all about farming the right toons and getting TM & speed down.