To Farm or Not to Farm? How to Mod Every Char? Who to Farm? All Charachters' List

Replies

• Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Update

- tie pilot
    - bistan
    - kenobi
    - shoretrooper
    - comments about AAT (one of the best squad for p1 and p2, jawas and so on)
    - fleetcommanders
    - other stuff
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    @Zeus23 You forgot to add the new build for P3 with Chirpa Lead and EP ;)
  • Rotor wrote: »
    @Zeus23 You forgot to add the new build for P3 with Chirpa Lead and EP ;)

+1
    the secret has been revealed so fast(
  • Ty for this Zeus :)
  • Nice work will help newbies.

I'll say though Clone Serge is a beast. His AOE is great, he self buffs. He works with Ani lead and hits like a truck, obviously great with Rex lead. He is strong on an AOE team as well.

As for Tank raid he, like clones, are very good on P2. I've done 6 figure damage with Serge on every P2 run I used Serge on. There are not a huge list of characters that can claim that.

He is a long farm though, gearing is not terrible. He gets and takes TM and self buffs ao he is certainly pretty viable on several builds.

Great post nice to see these types here
  • Nice work will help newbies.

I'll say though Clone Serge is a beast. His AOE is great, he self buffs. He works with Ani lead and hits like a truck, obviously great with Rex lead. He is strong on an AOE team as well.

As for Tank raid he, like clones, are very good on P2. I've done 6 figure damage with Serge on every P2 run I used Serge on. There are not a huge list of characters that can claim that.

He is a long farm though, gearing is not terrible. He gets and takes TM and self buffs ao he is certainly pretty viable on several builds.

thanks for a feedback))
    edited about Sergeant
  • Zeus23 wrote: »
    Nice work will help newbies.

thanks for a feedback))
    edited about Sergeant

You bet. Thanks for doing such a great post for people. It is nice to see these again. Just did 235k with Serge on a run Ani lead. The guy hits hard and crits a lot, gets that 50% TM

Fun GW team.

HK
    Serge
    GS

TM for days. All get 50% on crits. You want JE pull GS you got 3 nice AOE's
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    - Baze Malbus and Chirrut Imve added (rebels)
    - various edits on Aayla, Eeth Koth, Ewok Elder and smth else
    Post edited by Zeus23 on
  • Sideropenik
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm pretty sure that Bistan can perform very well - his dmg is good and his TM reduction is awesome, if you fill him with potency. Also frienzy gives him 100% TM after special attack of ally so it's kinda similar to Ackbar's special with that difference that you don't decide which ally will have additional turn, but you choose one, which will give Bistan additional turn.

BTW Mace- he might be good fleetcommander and if he would have better % of expose he would be crucial. Expose with successful hit is simply decreasing 20% of current target's health. If this chance would be 60% + , Mace would be a beast. Also I'm not sure whether potency help in this case or not. Do you know something about it?
  • I'm pretty sure that Bistan can perform very well - his dmg is good and his TM reduction is awesome, if you fill him with potency. Also frienzy gives him 100% TM after special attack of ally so it's kinda similar to Ackbar's special with that difference that you don't decide which ally will have additional turn, but you choose one, which will give Bistan additional turn.

BTW Mace- he might be good fleetcommander and if he would have better % of expose he would be crucial. Expose with successful hit is simply decreasing 20% of current target's health. If this chance would be 60% + , Mace would be a beast. Also I'm not sure whether potency help in this case or not. Do you know something about it?

i think i saw somewhere that it could not be resisted
  • Ship Update for more guys to farm
    Sith
    Darth Maul-Farm, Powerful Crew Member plus rework
    Darth Vader-Farm, Crew Member of very powerful starship
    Geonosians
    Get Spy-Crew Member
    Jedi
    Jedi Consular-Farm, Crew Member
    Ashoka-Farm, Crew Member
    Plo Koon-Farm, Crew Member
    Rebels
    Pathfinder (Misspelled)- Farm, Crew Member
    Bistan-Farm, Crew Member
    Resistance
    Finn-Farm, Crew member
    Resistance Pilot-Farm, Crew Member
    Tusken (Only Misspelled)
  • Ship Update for more guys to farm
    Sith
    Darth Maul-Farm, Powerful Crew Member plus rework
    Darth Vader-Farm, Crew Member of very powerful starship
    Geonosians
    Get Spy-Crew Member
    Jedi
    Jedi Consular-Farm, Crew Member
    Ashoka-Farm, Crew Member
    Plo Koon-Farm, Crew Member
    Rebels
    Pathfinder (Misspelled)- Farm, Crew Member
    Bistan-Farm, Crew Member
    Resistance
    Finn-Farm, Crew member
    Resistance Pilot-Farm, Crew Member
    Tusken (Only Misspelled)

Yep, thanks, surely gonna mention it, need some time
  • Pilots\fleetcommanders added
  • added:
    K-2SO
    Jyn Erso
    Cassian Andor
  • Massive rework

- mods recommendations for ALL CHARS. Even for "don't farm"
    - chars inside the fractions are ranked from top ones to useless ones - easier to chose who to farm!
    - many additions
    - some useful links are added (for example to vader, chirpa)
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Kassian, K-2SO and Jyn - pilots, information was edited
  • Just wanted to pop in here and say thanks for this guide. YOU ARE A FREAKING LEGEND!
  • Malicious wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop in here and say thanks for this guide. YOU ARE A FREAKING LEGEND!

)))) thanks))))

some edits and additions, mostly on rebels
  • I'm just curious why would you recommend against Luke Skywalker? I can see how in the long run he doesn't synergize well with other characters since his abilities mostly just help him but he seems like a good hero for early levels.
  • I'm just curious why would you recommend against Luke Skywalker? I can see how in the long run he doesn't synergize well with other characters since his abilities mostly just help him but he seems like a good hero for early levels.

So is it appropriate to spend scarce resources on a char you won't need?
    Surely, devs may change smth and make him cool, but that's a different story
    I'm just curious why would you recommend against Luke Skywalker? I can see how in the long run he doesn't synergize well with other characters since his abilities mostly just help him but he seems like a good hero for early levels.

now that you put it that way it makes a lot more sense why you recommend against farming him.

Another question related to choosing who to farm (primarily related to team composition): is it most ideal to have 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 attacker, 1 support?

I've seen the merits of having 1 healer on a team and obviously 2 attackers helps kill enemies efficiently. But I'm unclear whether the most effective team composition would include an additional tank, additional attacker, or support.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Zeus23 wrote: »
    I'm just curious why would you recommend against Luke Skywalker? I can see how in the long run he doesn't synergize well with other characters since his abilities mostly just help him but he seems like a good hero for early levels.

now that you put it that way it makes a lot more sense why you recommend against farming him.

Another question related to choosing who to farm (primarily related to team composition): is it most ideal to have 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 attacker, 1 support?

I've seen the merits of having 1 healer on a team and obviously 2 attackers helps kill enemies efficiently. But I'm unclear whether the most effective team composition would include an additional tank, additional attacker, or support.

Well there are no such rules since the synergies vary greatly. For example now i use the team my guildmate has invented - palpatine royalguard sunfac shoretrooper and ewok elder - 3 tanks 1 support 1 healer
    This team was very cool and it remains pretty ok, but the effectiveness is becoming lower due to the introduction of new OP chars like kenobi, baze, chirrut. So no attackers at all because palpatine does all the job
    Many people use wedge biggs lando sthan and qgj/palpatine/shoretrooper/anakin - these teams are quite standard, so the composition also varies
    You can see great compositions on swgoh.gg - sync - collection leaderboard
  • Can someone explain me why does QGJ need potency ?
  • AMtheB wrote: »
    Can someone explain me why does QGJ need potency ?

1st skill can reduce turn meter with omega
  • I think that Poggle is useful for Droid teams if you don't have JE yet. His special ability grants Offense and Speed Up for droids, which is very useful. He is also a good leader for Geonosians if you're planning to have a Geonosian team.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited January 2017

added Krennik, Deathtrooper and some changes in Empire\Rebels
    Post edited by Zeus23 on
  • Thanks for this post, just a question : When you advise a mod, you talk about the mod type or the primary ability?
  • faferva wrote: »
    Thanks for this post, just a question : When you advise a mod, you talk about the mod type or the primary ability?

It depends
    Examples
    1) speed and potency
    Speed bonus (4 mods), potency bonus (2 mods)
    Arrow with 30 speed primary (ideally)
    Cross with 24%,potency primary
    Speed in secondary stats

2) crit damage, crit chance, potency
    Crit dmg bonus (4 mods), crit chance bonus (2 mods), triangle on crit damage (or crit chance, if no crit dmg).
    Arrow on speed
    Cross as you decide - what have better secondary speed, or 5,88 offence on primary for dd, or protection primary if a char is too squishy

3) hp means usually not only maximizing hp instead of protection. Overall hp (hp +protection) is usually more important than just maximizing hp. Because circle with protection primary is better than on hp

Hope the idea is clear - the first characteristic you see - try collect a bonus
    The second - try collect a bonus if possible (for example, you can't do it if "speed and crit dmg", because both require 4 mods for a bonus) and primary where it is possible

If you see like speed and crit damage, but putting a speed set and only crit damage triangle makes your char slower than if you put crit damage set (because of good speed secondaries on your crit damage bonus mods) - put crit damage set. The goal is to maximize stats that are recommended. Possible ways may differ

Speed as much as possible in secondary stats for the vast majority of chars (exceptions are mostly tanks like B2, royal guard)
    faferva wrote: »
    Thanks for this post, just a question : When you advise a mod, you talk about the mod type or the primary ability?

It depends
    Examples
    1) speed and potency
    Speed bonus (4 mods), potency bonus (2 mods)
    Arrow with 30 speed primary (ideally)
    Cross with 24%,potency primary
    Speed in secondary stats

2) crit damage, crit chance, potency
    Crit dmg bonus (4 mods), crit chance bonus (2 mods), triangle on crit damage (or crit chance, if no crit dmg).
    Arrow on speed
    Cross as you decide - what have better secondary speed, or 5,88 offence on primary for dd, or protection primary if a char is too squishy

3) hp means usually not only maximizing hp instead of protection. Overall hp (hp +protection) is usually more important than just maximizing hp. Because circle with protection primary is better than on hp

Hope the idea is clear - the first characteristic you see - try collect a bonus
    The second - try collect a bonus if possible (for example, you can't do it if "speed and crit dmg", because both require 4 mods for a bonus) and primary where it is possible

If you see like speed and crit damage, but putting a speed set and only crit damage triangle makes your char slower than if you put crit damage set (because of good speed secondaries on your crit damage bonus mods) - put crit damage set. The goal is to maximize stats that are recommended. Possible ways may differ

Speed as much as possible in secondary stats for the vast majority of chars (exceptions are mostly tanks like B2, royal guard)

Thank you very much I will study all that.
    Thanks for this post.