To Farm or Not to Farm? How to Mod Every Char? Who to Farm? All Charachters' List

Replies

• Small additions on Krennik, Deathtrooper, Qui-gon jinn and General Kenobi
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Seems like first order still weak
    Some edits on them
    Example
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnkb06NM_Es
  • I'm also curious, who should I farm from squad arena, IG-88 or Stormtrooper Han? Or should I focus on increasing stars for Ackbar (5), Leia (4), Darth Sidious (4)?

Same question for cantina store, Hoth Rebel Scout or Boba Fett? Or focus on increasing Fives (3) and Qui-Gon Jinn (2)?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    darkjedi4z wrote: »
    I'm also curious, who should I farm from squad arena, IG-88 or Stormtrooper Han? Or should I focus on increasing stars for Ackbar (5), Leia (4), Darth Sidious (4)?

Same question for cantina store, Hoth Rebel Scout or Boba Fett? Or focus on increasing Fives (3) and Qui-Gon Jinn (2)?

Maybe you want to take a look at this guide, where a possible order which char to farm is described.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1

So I recommend:
    arena store: STH, then Ackbar, then IG88, HK47, Nebit
    cantina store: Boba, Ahsoka, QGJ, Fives

Normally always fill the 7 stars until you start a next toon, unless you need the next char unlocked for an event.

• darkjedi4z
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you, I'll give that a read! hi5
    Raw wrote: »
    I'm also curious, who should I farm from squad arena, IG-88 or Stormtrooper Han? Or should I focus on increasing stars for Ackbar (5), Leia (4), Darth Sidious (4)?

Maybe you want to take a look at this guide, where a possible order which char to farm is described.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1

So I recommend:

Normally always fill the 7 stars until you start a next toon, unless you need the next char unlocked for an event.
  • Raw wrote: »

So I recommend:

Agree
    Except for cantina, because Qgj is more important than Ahsoka
  • Hi))

- New siths are added - Dart Nihilus, Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin. Also little changes on the whole fraction
    - a new approach to mods recommendations - i explain why i recommend these particular mods. Right now only on siths, but some time and i'll explain all chars
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Zeus23 wrote: »
    * Savage Opress - do not farm. Though he is good against siths under Nihilus leader, because he can one shot enemies (except bosses) with 50% less hp (see nihilus leader skill).

Sure about him? If Sith Trooper and Sith Assa reduce the target's life <50%, he does 99k dmg and kills the target, no matter what protection it has?

• Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    * Savage Opress - do not farm. Though he is good against siths under Nihilus leader, because he can one shot enemies (except bosses) with 50% less hp (see nihilus leader skill).

Sure about him? If Sith Trooper and Sith Assa reduce the target's life <50%, he does 99k dmg and kills the target, no matter what protection it has?

I didn't catch what you mean, sorry (assassin and trooper?)
    What i meant is that opponent's nihilus leader makes his sith char's protection become health. So if he has 20k health and 20k protection nihilus will make him have 40k health and 0 protection.
    That means that when he loses 20,1k health, your savage will one shot.
    If nihilus is not leader, savage will one shot only when he loses 30,1k (20k protection and 10,1k hp, so that to have 50% hp left)

And i suppose that if a situation is like a char having 9,9k health (from 20k health) and some protection, savage will ignore the protection and one shot
    Post edited by Zeus23 on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member

I referred to a situation where Sith Trooper uses Crimson Barrage ("This attack ignores protection")
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-trooper/

and Sith Assassine is already stealthed (might also be from a Zaul lead) and uses Exploit Weakness ("If SA already has stealth, ignore target's protection") and Electrocute (same).
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-assassin/

No matter what leader the opponent has. If you imagine a char with 20k health and 30k protection. Sith Assa and Sith Trooper ignore the protection and do 10,1k dmg, directly to the health of the target. Then Opress does 100k dmg and can kill the toon.

• Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2017

I referred to a situation where Sith Trooper uses Crimson Barrage ("This attack ignores protection")
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-trooper/

and Sith Assassine is already stealthed (might also be from a Zaul lead) and uses Exploit Weakness ("If SA already has stealth, ignore target's protection") and Electrocute (same).
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-assassin/

No matter what leader the opponent has. If you imagine a char with 20k health and 30k protection. Sith Assa and Sith Trooper ignore the protection and do 10,1k dmg, directly to the health of the target. Then Opress does 100k dmg and can kill the toon.

I suppose, it is so, yes

though, are you sure they ignore protection in a way that they decrease your health only? Doesn't it mean that they ignore your Armor? I am not native speaker so dont know
    Post edited by Zeus23 on
    - As promised, I have explained all the mods recommendations

Enjoy:)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    * Count Dooku – do not farm, used to be very strong at arena. Though if you like him he is ~ 6,5\10. A nice leader and was buffed recently. Crit damage and potency so that to counter attack hard and be able to stun
    * Darth Sidious - do not farm, his time has passed. Though he was buffed a little bit and is used in raids with Vader with zeta. Crit damage, potency, speed so that to hit hard, often, and be able to land debuffs
    * Savage Opress - do not farm. Though he is good against siths under Nihilus leader, because he can one shot enemies (except bosses) with 50% less hp (see nihilus leader skill). Crit damage and speed so that to hit hard and be able to one shot more often

I would not agree to these "do not farm"'s. These can all be strong toons for a sith arena squad. zMaul lead will be standard and zSidious' is very viable as far as I know.

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    now, fost..for a chirpatine team, isn't him "better" than royal guard?
    i mean, once palp starts his loop, rg stays there until he dies

but fost with his counter chance could apply speed down a few times, and if you time it right and use his taunt to gain advantage just before palp starts his job, he could dispel the offense up buff from the b2

what do you think?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    now, fost.. isn't him "better" than royal guard?
    i mean, rg is used on a chirpatine team. once palp starts his loop, rg stays there until he dies

but fost with his counter chance could apply speed down a few times, and if you time it right and use his taunt to gain advantage just before palp starts his job, he could dispel the offense up buff from the b2

what do you think?

Agreed. And FOO can make Kylo Ren the Jawa Engineer for First Order.

Please update this. First Order is not weak and they can be #1 in Arena.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Fahrius wrote: »
    i mean, rg is used on a chirpatine team. once palp starts his loop, rg stays there until he dies

what do you think?

Fost is difficult to farm
    And even if FO can be #1, there are very few who succeeded. And not because people don't want to play FO, players choose whatever is stronger
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    * Count Dooku – do not farm, used to be very strong at arena. Though if you like him he is ~ 6,5\10. A nice leader and was buffed recently. Crit damage and potency so that to counter attack hard and be able to stun
    * Darth Sidious - do not farm, his time has passed. Though he was buffed a little bit and is used in raids with Vader with zeta. Crit damage, potency, speed so that to hit hard, often, and be able to land debuffs
    * Savage Opress - do not farm. Though he is good against siths under Nihilus leader, because he can one shot enemies (except bosses) with 50% less hp (see nihilus leader skill). Crit damage and speed so that to hit hard and be able to one shot more often

I would not agree to these "do not farm"'s. These can all be strong toons for a sith arena squad. zMaul lead will be standard and zSidious' is very viable as far as I know.

Would you recommend a 30lvl player to throw resources on sidious, savage and dooku?

I do agree that they can show result with zetas, but they are not very strong. Right now whales use zaul, nihilus, chaze and general kenobi. Still very good mods needed. Sith trooper and assassin are not used widely btw
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    What I recommend to a lvl30 ftp player I wrote here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide

But in your list, you say e.g. Darth Nihilus - farm. As we all know that means, pay money for it. So I consider your list not meant for ftp lvl30. So if you say farm Nihilus, you can also say farm sidious. Actually in your list the majority of chars say 'farm' so that cannot refer to 'lvl30'.

• Zeus23 wrote: »

what do you think?

And even if FO can be #1, there are very few who succeeded. And not because people don't want to play FO, players choose whatever is stronger

There are P2P characters in your list that says you should farm it when they are more difficult to farm than FOST who is F2P. Players don't play as First Order yet because they aren't still meta. Look how Resistance got a rework and is one of the metas of the game today. First Order just needs some time to be the meta.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member

what do you think?

There are P2P characters in your list that says you should farm it when they are more difficult to farm than FOST who is F2P. Players don't play as First Order yet because they aren't still meta. Look how Resistance got a rework and is one of the metas of the game today. First Order just needs some time to be the meta.

Resistance is weak without a zeta Finn
    and zeta is only for 82lvl+

even so, look here https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/. I checked 1-100 (24000 players' teams). Finn, resistance pilot and resistance trooper are used in 113, 81 and 63 squads. Less than 1% of all teams
    so not a meta at all..
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Chopper added
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Are you serious? Still:

* Darth Sidious - do not farm,
    * Savage Opress - do not farm.
    ???

I've seen so many screenshots of all the top5 zMaul teams and so many of them run Zid or Zavage with them.
    Both are with 10% in all #1 teams
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#all
  • Hello Zeus23, what do you advise us about the phoenix squadron?
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Are you serious? Still:

* Darth Sidious - do not farm,
    * Savage Opress - do not farm.
    ???

I've seen so many screenshots of all the top5 zMaul teams and so many of them run Zid or Zavage with them.
    Both are with 10% in all #1 teams
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#all

agree. The main concern now is that they are not needed much until you reach 82 lvl and able to have zeta
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    faferva wrote: »
    Hello Zeus23, what do you advise us about the phoenix squadron?

i'll add them soon. Still, my recommendations won't help much until CG tries to earn as much as possible on them))
  • Zeus, first off, thanks for taking the time to help others. That's a great thing.

I have a feeling that I may be a bit unique, as I am a level 85 player who really doesn't understand mods at all. I understand the concept of wanting to add certain abilities to certain characters such as wanting to have health for a character with low health stats. So if a character just needs health then you would apply 6 mods, all with health as the main statistic, right?

Where I really get lost is with the different character shapes and secondary statistics. I've had characters that I had level 1 mods on and then over time farmed level 4 mods of the same characteristic and when I remove the one ones and put in the four star ones, several of my statistics go in the red and some of them significantly. It's really frustrating!

So if we were to look at the very first character on your list, Wedge, you recommend that we apply mods for critical damage, speed, and critical chance. How would I take that information and then determine if I use the arrow or the plus sign or whatever for each of those mods?

I fully recognize that this could be an incredibly stupid question, but you seem to be one of the few guys out there who is willing to take the time to explain basic things like this to other players and so I am willing to risk looking stupid for the opportunity to learn from you.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Be well,
    Let's get Tropical!
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    JackieMoon wrote: »
    Zeus, first off, thanks for taking the time to help others. That's a great thing.

I have a feeling that I may be a bit unique, as I am a level 85 player who really doesn't understand mods at all. I understand the concept of wanting to add certain abilities to certain characters such as wanting to have health for a character with low health stats. So if a character just needs health then you would apply 6 mods, all with health as the main statistic, right?

Be well,

HI Jackie!

Did you read my last message on page 2 of this topic? i've tried to explain some things, maybe it will hepl you
    Answering your question - it really depends. If you put just 6 health mods it may be worse because of bad secondary stats on these mods. Imagine that 3 bonuses (2 mods per bonus) will give you 5k health. And suppose that you have other non health mods with health secondaries that will give you more that 5k (rare but it may be so)
  • I feel *the* meta team right now is Zaul Zavage Nihilus Assassin Trooper. So yes, Savage most definitely is a "farm". Sid just as well works very well in Zader squads to solo Rancor, or simply in Zader or Zaul Arena squads, so he most definitely also is a "farm".
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I feel *the* meta team right now is Zaul Zavage Nihilus Assassin Trooper. So yes, Savage most definitely is a "farm". Sid just as well works very well in Zader squads to solo Rancor, or simply in Zader or Zaul Arena squads, so he most definitely also is a "farm".

100% agree, edited something

- phoenix added (separately of rebels)
    - bodhi rook and pao added
    - some edits
  • KevlarGolem
    74 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    To anyone reading this guide, please do further research before making real decisions. Search youtube for Warrior from Team Instinct, Smithe-D, or Lord Skunk. For character/teams you are interested in, seek out people who have real experience with, AND HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH THEM. All encompassing subjective opinion guides like this are a decent place to start, but a terrible place to draw conclusive decisions from.
    * Darth Sidious - do not farm, until you are 85 lvl. He was buffed a little bit and is used in raids with Vader with zeta. Crit damage, potency, speed so that to hit hard, often, and be able to land debuffs

This is still just wrong for a number of reasons. For one, I suppose you dont remember how good sideous is in low level arena? Pre-zeta, it was only at higher levels that he was forced out of the meta. Second, it wrongly assumes that you should only work on end-game teams once youve reached the end game. Developing a team takes months. If you wait till you are 85 to start working on a meta end-game team, you will be woefully unprepared. Third, it assumes you wont have access to zetas till after you are 85. On my new account I'm only 82 and am only a few days from first zeta, and I think it could easily be done faster than that if properly prepared and prioritized.

Greedo is also a very strong "farm" for arena BH teams.
    Characters to farm first not a strict order
    Galactic War shipment - Teebo, Captain Phasma, Ig 86, Luminara (low levels), Dathcha, Biggs

Not a strict order, or not in any order at all? It should read more like this:

Galactic War shipment - Biggs, ship, ship, ship, ship, ship, (how many ships are there?), ship, then IG86, Phasma, Dathcha order depending on how other teams are developing.

I don't understand why people recommend "only for low level" characters like Lumi. Work on Jedi Con to do the exact same job, and isnt eventually thrown in the garbage thanks to his value as one of the best pilots.
    Post edited by KevlarGolem on
    (Dex Corso in game. Formerly Til Dais)