To Farm or Not to Farm? How to Mod Every Char? Who to Farm? All Charachters' List

124Next

Replies

• Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    To anyone reading this guide, please do further research before making real decisions. Search youtube for Warrior from Team Instinct, Smithe-D, or Lord Skunk. For character/teams you are interested in, seek out people who have real experience with, AND HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH THEM. All encompassing subjective opinion guides like this are a decent place to start, but a terrible place to draw conclusive decisions from.

Sidious was good long time ago. Pre-february2017 low lvl teams with sidious were still much weaker than rebels and other teams.
    Zeta Sidious is definetely not bad. But spending months to prepare a sith zeta 85 lvl team you lose opportunities and have smaller chances to be competitive. This game is a big business. While you are working on a meta team - devs create antimeta (Bodhi Rook is a first sign).

So it's better, first, to farm chars that are good in particular activities (guaranteed, like Teebo, scoundrels for credit heist and so on) and second to farm chars that are meta right now so that to use them (right now) until they lose their godlike positions. Surely you can make a good investment, like farm Boba in 2016, but it's a matter of luck and personal preferences

And anyway Sidious in not that super important so that not to be able to live without him now

82-85 lvl - yes, you are right, it's mostly 82 or 84, but i just want to make some things easier, like just end game. Who cares, it's 1-2 weeks:)

considering ships and Lumi - i'll edit, thanks
  • Zeus23 wrote: »
    farm chars that are good in particular activities (guaranteed, like Teebo

Teebo and others whose near entire value comes from TM reduction are not garunteed good. Zader has basically taken over that market.
    (Dex Corso in game. Formerly Til Dais)
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Zeus23 wrote: »
    farm chars that are good in particular activities (guaranteed, like Teebo

Teebo and others whose near entire value comes from TM reduction are not garunteed good. Zader has basically taken over that market.

Zader is Zader, low and medium lvl players (~20-82) also kill Rancor:)
  • So you think it's a good idea to farm, at high priority, at the outset of the game, the shards of five characters who have zero synergy other than that they do TM down. Then gear them. Then mod them for potency... so that maybe if it all comes together just right, you can inefficiently solo rancor... P1... if you get good RNG, and have a lot of time. All this keeping in mind that raid Han isn't important, and two decent shots at phase 2 and 3 with regular teams and getting top 20 will not get significantly worse reward than those in the top 5.

Then a month (at most) later you're 85, your guildmates are slapping zetas on and soloing the entire rancor with ease. Like such ease that they let the game run on auto. You're now kicking yourself and wondering why you trusted a guide that uses such sound logic as "zader is zader" and wondering how you can get the last 3 months back. Maybe just start a new account.

I'm still annoyed at the guy in the forum who convinced me Cad was good for a BH team when I started my new account, and I only took him to G7! Can only imagine how people would feel if they were persuaded to actually invest in a full Teebo rancor team on an account they started today.

And at the same time, no, don't invest in Sid? He's only dominating the meta and P4 of HAAT.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    You still need very-very good mods to auto solo rancor with Zader. Plus you need him 7*, it's not that fast
    And most likely you need Jyn to auto. Very fast Jyn

And getting to 85 lvl will require not a month. I don't remeber exact figures for f2p refreshes, but suppose it's 3 months or so
    You still need very-very good mods to auto solo rancor with Zader.
    So push the buttons.

Its really not worth my time to argue for the sake of argument. This is not a reliable guide. Readers should follow it at their own risk. Enough said.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    You still need very-very good mods to auto solo rancor with Zader. Plus you need him 7*, it's not that fast
    And most likely you need Jyn to auto. Very fast Jyn

And getting to 85 lvl will require not a month. I don't remeber exact figures for f2p refreshes, but suppose it's 3 months or so

I refresh 2x cantina and 2x energy each day, so I can say and started nov28, 2016 and now turn to be 84, so it's more than 4 month ftp. However my Vader is 7* already and my first zeta (challenge only) is only 14/20. So Zader is not a problem of 7* Vader but that he is rather the 2nd zeta char after Kylo.

In my guild >10 ppl can solo the rancor and they don't use Jyn in their Zader team afaik. I had absolutely no resources for Teebo, just like @KevlarGolem mentioned all GW tokens go to ship plans after Biggs. Currently on my way to 7* Biggs Wedge and JC's ships so Zader will be ready before even a single Teebo shard could be farmed.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for your opinions guys!
    It's always important to have a look from another angle, edited the text
  • While you edited the Teebo text, you can correct that he isn't bugged anymore. His stealth works now as intended, just at the time he isn't needed anymore.
    To be honest I'm not sure if he still is a farm, Zader solo on auto needs decent speed mods or Jyn or Rex, but it's definitely the path to go for good Rancor scores. Sure you can build a Teebo team for use until level 82 or so but I think it's better to concentrate on gear for Arena (and Zader Rancor team in advance).
    Jyn and Rex certainly make the Zader solo a lot easier, but I don't have them yet. So I need to shift speed mods from Arena to Rancor team (TFP and Sid about 220, Vader, QGJ, EP about 180 speed is good for me).
    That said, Teebo leader can actually be useful in other places, making him still useful, but he is far behind ships in my farm order (and now I probably would farm Bodhi ahead of him).
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    R2-D2, Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando added

also some edits in empire, jedi
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum added. I like her:)
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Grand Admiral Thrawn added. As for me i dont play him, and dont think he is very much needed now
  • Ontaelio
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    >* Nightsister Initiate - do not farm. Potency, crit chance, speed to inflict DOTs and be able to make the target immune to positive status effects

I guess most experienced players never farmed her early in the game, so they don't value her. I did, and I think she's the first pick right after the she becomes farmable (GW opens). Granted, she becomes redundant late-game, but she shines early on and I think the investment in her is returned with interest thanks to all these barely completed GWs and an extra prize tier in Arena thanks to her.

The strong points for a low-level player:
    * She opens at 1* and becomes useful at 2*. She has both good attack and good health, unlike most characters that shine late in the game;
    * she's pretty dumb, all her abilities are attacks, so both an inexperienced player and the stupid AI won't have a problem with her;
    * she's dark side, and at the point she becomes available most f2p players have just three default DS characters. She seriously changes the odds in early DS battles.
    * [EDIT - ADD] Forgot this most important point: she's universal, she doesn't rely on any synergy. So she can act as a good placeholder in any squad.

Now, I'm biased, of course, it's possible that Phasma or Magmatrooper are as good or even better at that early point, but I never had a cause to regret my decision to start with her.
    Post edited by Ontaelio on
    Grand Admiral Thrawn added. As for me i dont play him, and dont think he is very much needed now
    A lot of top Arena players apparently disagree with you.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Depends on how you define "need". Those payers who have got a 7* Thrawn and invested in all that gear, obviously want to use it.
    However Zader SA GK DN Trawn really seems to be hard even in defense.
  • Raw wrote: »
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Depends on how you define "need". Those payers who have got a 7* Thrawn and invested in all that gear, obviously want to use it.
    However Zader SA GK DN Trawn really seems to be hard even in defense.

Thrawn is a counter to Baze Malbus/GK so he's quite useful against high end teams i guess, plus he's the only Empire cleanser. He's also quite valuable in Haat P3 and as a leader he's basically the anti-resistance character. AI makes him less powerful defensively but he can be a serious threat.

The guy has a lot of potential, the only thing you'll waste with him is time, energy, credits and gears to stuff a full Phoenix.
    R2-D2, Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando added

also some edits in empire, jedi

Bohdi and Chopper are terrible toons i wouldn't farm them unless you need the droid in a Phoenix team.

In the other hand Cassian should be farmed since he's pretty much mandatory under a Jyn Rogue one lead, a pretty powerful combination - His zeta also makes Rebels way tougher.

You should update Imperial troopers now that a full trooper team under Veers lead is performing really well, even Magmatrooper who makes your toons highly resistant to debuffs and still manipulate TM. Snowtrooper is mandatory now especially with other troopers such as Death trooper for example.

• Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    in the process of updating... Something has changed that you can find in news. Commander Luke is a beast, Leia is much better as well as Old Ben. And so on
  • Finally updated!
  • * Lobot - FARM: Because of TB, today Phase 6 asked a ton of Lobot *7.
    Do or do not...
  • * Lobot - FARM: Because of TB, today Phase 6 asked a ton of Lobot *7.

Actually you may need any char to fill platoons, it always changes. So in this way you should farm everyone)) That is what developers want from us))
  • Why are Wicket, ES and Paploo, do not farm? They are beasts in GW! And my first team was Ewoks!
  • Why are Wicket, ES and Paploo, do not farm? They are beasts in GW! And my first team was Ewoks.
  • Noob here. What is a t7 guild?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Julia wrote: »
    Noob here. What is a t7 guild?

A guild doing heroic raids which drop shards for han solo (rancour) and general kenobi (tank). Two of the best characters in the game. You need a 7 star character to participatenin a heroic raid.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    Long time without updates:(
    Do we still need them?
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Says do not farm Luke skywalker.

Says farm CLS as the best rebel.

Luke skywalker needed to get CLS.

Trolling the player base hard.

Also stormtrooper is an elite toon.