When will the Emperor's Demise event return? **MERGED**

Replies

• Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    to answer the OP's question. if you look in your achievements there is one for the emperor's demise event just like the yoda event so i will return. when though is anyone's guess.

now for the you should have spent money comments. that doesn't necessarily guarantee you would have finished tier 7.

i spend like $200 maybe more and i was only able to finish tier 4. so no EP for me until the event returns. i had zero rebels when the event started. i purchased the emperor's demise bundle, the rebel pack and the $100 crystal option and never ended up with a rebel higher than 4 star.

since i don't care for rebels my focus for the return of the event will be completing tier 5 and 6. i'm sure i'll complete tier 5 as i am almost ready for tier 6. but i don't see myself being ready for tier 7 as i've slowed way down and farming rebels and am back to farming my other characters. it will not go away since there is an achievement for it so i can get tier 7 done on the third go around.

i think it was called extremely rare for hype and in compared to the yoda event. i think next time we will see it is christmas time when the new movie comes out. or once hey realize how much money they made from it and want more. because let's face it there are always new players joining the game and will be players willing to pay. the fact that those who spent money last time or finished the event won't care about is irrelevant. they will still make as much or more money on the second event. i might even be willing to spent another $200 if i were close enough to tier 7 that spending it would get me there.

Seriously? You spent hundreds of dollars to get a character and still didn't even get him? This game is ridiculous. It's stuff like this is why most people are freetoplay. I watched a guy spend 400 dollars on chromium's and didn't get a single character he wanted. This is a silly phone game, characters should be like 20 bucks
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    The Yoda event took Jedi. The emperor event should take Sith and empire toons. I hope when it comes back they will fix that. Please make this change CG/EA. Nothing would please me more than to see the pain in people's comments.

Just no. The Yoda event requires Jedi because it's the "Grand Master's TRAINING event" and Yoda trained Jedi, it isn't even a decent argument to make for this event to require sith and or empire. This event is called "Emperor's DEMISE" and who wanted the demise of the empire and by extension the Emperor himself, oh yeah that's right the rebel alliance. It's really all right there in the events name, people need to stop banging on about this already, for the love of sanity just stop.
  • Options
    There are a few in my top 20 that run a 5* palp, just speed him up and let him stun, that's all he's useful for. Seems to work for them.
  • Options
    If/when the event comes around again please Ea/CG remove rebels and add Sith/empire toons needed to complete the emperors demise challenge. Also it is entirely too easy the event needs to be buffed up to at least needing all squad members in G10 gear or better and at least level 80. As it is right now you can be in gear 7 and beat the challenge..which is no challenge at all. Ok thanks.
  • Options
    palp has his uses at 5*. i have him at g10 and max level, max skills and he is a gw star and useful for arena even at 5*. ive got one rebel to finish so when he is back i can get him to 7.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What is the consesus on what is needed to just acquire him at all, like just obtain him nevermind 7 stars? I have heard 5 characters at 5 stars each, does that seem accurate as bare minimum?

ps - hoping event will be quarterly (and thinking it will be) he is an amazing boon to any squad, and should be hard to get (have used Allies toon)
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    The Yoda event took Jedi. The emperor event should take Sith and empire toons. I hope when it comes back they will fix that. Please make this change CG/EA. Nothing would please me more than to see the pain in people's comments.

If they ever made this change the whining on these forums would be deafening.

What?!?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Does anyone have any idea when another event will be I have my Palpetines gear maxed but only 6 star I'm ready for the 7 star challenge bring it on again soon please it's all Yoda Yoda Yoda maybe alternate with Palpetine?
  • Options
    Nobody knows. It could be a month from now. It could be 3 months from now. All you can do is sit and wait for it.
  • Options
    Since they said it was "extremely rare", I wouldn't expect to see it for at least 2 months.
  • Options
    EA Soon
  • Options
    Ah well!
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    to answer the OP's question. if you look in your achievements there is one for the emperor's demise event just like the yoda event so i will return. when though is anyone's guess.

now for the you should have spent money comments. that doesn't necessarily guarantee you would have finished tier 7.

i spend like $200 maybe more and i was only able to finish tier 4. so no EP for me until the event returns. i had zero rebels when the event started. i purchased the emperor's demise bundle, the rebel pack and the $100 crystal option and never ended up with a rebel higher than 4 star.

since i don't care for rebels my focus for the return of the event will be completing tier 5 and 6. i'm sure i'll complete tier 5 as i am almost ready for tier 6. but i don't see myself being ready for tier 7 as i've slowed way down and farming rebels and am back to farming my other characters. it will not go away since there is an achievement for it so i can get tier 7 done on the third go around.

i think it was called extremely rare for hype and in compared to the yoda event. i think next time we will see it is christmas time when the new movie comes out. or once hey realize how much money they made from it and want more. because let's face it there are always new players joining the game and will be players willing to pay. the fact that those who spent money last time or finished the event won't care about is irrelevant. they will still make as much or more money on the second event. i might even be willing to spent another $200 if i were close enough to tier 7 that spending it would get me there.

Seriously? You spent hundreds of dollars to get a character and still didn't even get him? This game is ridiculous. It's stuff like this is why most people are freetoplay. I watched a guy spend 400 dollars on chromium's and didn't get a single character he wanted. This is a silly phone game, characters should be like 20 bucks

oh i agree they should be much cheaper or much better odds with what your getting.

i spent the money in hopes of at least ending up with 5 5* rebels to finish tier 5. but i fell short 3 toons but did manage to do enough work on my own that if the event would have been extended another day or so i would have finished tier 5.

the game is extremely fun but yes a silly phone game. that event has somewhat turned me sour on spending any more real cash. the emperor is my absolute favorite character in the star wars universe but i won't be dropping anymore money into the game for a long time. a couple hundred bucks should have at least guaranteed me a 5* EP.
  • Options
    You could buy the $50 pack a second time during the last day, I would've done so if I'd already spent 200. I mean, I did spend 200 but I also did a ton of grinding and acquired mine on the last day.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just no. The Yoda event requires Jedi because it's the "Grand Master's TRAINING event" and Yoda trained Jedi, it isn't even a decent argument to make for this event to require sith and or empire. This event is called "Emperor's DEMISE" and who wanted the demise of the empire and by extension the Emperor himself, oh yeah that's right the rebel alliance. It's really all right there in the events name, people need to stop banging on about this already, for the love of sanity just stop.

Also: Yoda trains lots of apprentices, what makes this event possible. A sith only has one apprentice, no exceptions.
  • Options
    You could buy the $50 pack a second time during the last day, I would've done so if I'd already spent 200. I mean, I did spend 200 but I also did a ton of grinding and acquired mine on the last day.

i never got the option to buy the $50 pack a second time or i would have then i would have at least had him at 5* and probably maxed out level and gear wise now.

since he's my favorite once i get him all efforts and resources will be spent on him until i max him out then i will probably split time and resources between my rebel team and other toons. i don't see that i will have a 7* rebel team ready by next event but it depends on when it returns. i know people are saying christmas which i agree with and that is plenty of time if i focus solely on rebels. but i'm not doing that. i have a team that will guarantee me tier 5 will be completed and i'm working on a toon or 2 i have left to 6*. but i can't focus completely on characters i originally had no plan of even activating.

• Options
    What is the consesus on what is needed to just acquire him at all, like just obtain him nevermind 7 stars? I have heard 5 characters at 5 stars each, does that seem accurate as bare minimum?

ps - hoping event will be quarterly (and thinking it will be) he is an amazing boon to any squad, and should be hard to get (have used Allies toon)

Yes, 5 toons each at 5* meets the requirements for tier 5 of the event. But it will be a couple months at least before he is back, so plenty of time to get a full 7* rebel team.
  • Options
    Can some one give me a list of the 5 easiest rebels to farm so I can take part next time around please
  • NotDroidsURLooking4
    157 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Every time someone asks, the clock resets.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sying wrote: »
    Pjay wrote: »
    A long time. But I would prepare your rebels now cause I made the mistake of leaving off *ing jedibfor yoda event too many times and kept not having enough time. Do it now and you'll have nothing to worry about

This is good advice, will get right onto it (when i am finished with IG100, JKA, Jawas, Mace, Fisto, Empire team, Scoundrels and Ugnaught).

At least three of the rebels are also classified as scoundrels, two of those (Lando and STH) are it toons in arena right now.

But, you're right. They're not a priority.

Who is the 3rd, I grabbed those up and didn't see a 3rd, or at least not a viable one I guess

Ah I see Han, and he is pretty hard to obtain *-) Other 2 are not though
  • Options
    I've been farming rebels ever since i missed out on unlocking the Emperor. I've got Lando, StHan, Leia and Biggs 7 starred. Would love to add Wedge to this lineup if the drop rate wasn't so disgusting lol. Don't really like Ackbar so i'll keep trying for Wedge. Apparently he's not very fun to gear up either
  • Options
    Hammurabi wrote: »
    I've been farming rebels ever since i missed out on unlocking the Emperor. I've got Lando, StHan, Leia and Biggs 7 starred. Would love to add Wedge to this lineup if the drop rate wasn't so disgusting lol. Don't really like Ackbar so i'll keep trying for Wedge. Apparently he's not very fun to gear up either

Really easy until Gear 9. Then 2 Stun Cuffs, a Furnace, and a Stun Gun. :\
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Hammurabi wrote: »

Really easy until Gear 9. Then 2 Stun Cuffs, a Furnace, and a Stun Gun. :\

Is he viable at Gear 9 though? Or does he HAVE to be Gear 10'd to be viable?
  • Options
    Adam1983 wrote: »
    Can some one give me a list of the 5 easiest rebels to farm so I can take part next time around please

IMO:

(assuming you have 0 Rebels)

Biggs in GW (and DS hard node - but don't bother with that)
    HRSc in Cantina Shipments
    StHan/Ackbar/Leia in Arena Shipments
    Lando/Wedge in Cantina
    Luke via Guild Shipments (and LS Hard Node)

That's probably your fastest bet. You can drop Luke if you have enough Arena tokens to farm two at once I suppose (or if you already have one of the above)
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Adam1983 wrote: »

IMO:

(assuming you have 0 Rebels)

Biggs in GW (and DS hard node - but don't bother with that)
    HRSc in Cantina Shipments
    StHan/Ackbar/Leia in Arena Shipments
    Lando/Wedge in Cantina
    Luke via Guild Shipments (and LS Hard Node)

That's probably your fastest bet. You can drop Luke if you have enough Arena tokens to farm two at once I suppose (or if you already have one of the above)

Thank you
    Just had a look I have
    7* biggs
    4* st han
    4* rhs
    3* lobot
    Will work on the others you mentioned
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Hopefully not too soon. Wedge is gunna take a while. Tthe rest of my team is done but he's not. 105/330.

This is why he will be back sooner than later. They didn't develope this whole event to not make money off of it. It's probably going to come every two months. They didn't make it to make the game better. They made it to make money. If they wait a year he won't even be a top 10 toon by then

People that were willing to pay for him already did. People that don't have him yet won't pay for it when he returns. Most people (read f2p) who didn't get him won't turn into P2P all of the sudden so there is no reason to bring him back earlier if there is no incentive to spend.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Every time someone asks, the clock resets.
    Tronixi wrote: »
    Definetly not this year.

neither one of these statements have any truth to them whatsoever. so don't worry guys. i didn't get him the first event either.

most likely he will return at the lastest christmas time. that is when the new movie comes out. there is also the 1 year anniversary of the game that he could come back for.

but ask away. there is no clock to reset and it will definitely be this year.

• Options
    Sorry for post (i don't know if anyone asked it i coudn't find any info at search)
    Any news when Palpatine event will be active again?!
  • Options
    Christmas
  • Options
    In the future