When will the Emperor's Demise event return? **MERGED**

1235Next

Replies

• I fear that the ep event will no longer be for rebels.
    If they are smart, they will limit toons to a faction nobody has yet (like rogue one toons).

Hope i m wrong, but we all had too much time to farm rebels.
    There s no cash in that.
    If they are smart, they will limit toons to a faction nobody has yet (like rogue one toons).

There s no cash in that.

If they do I'm quitting the game
  • Predicting when anything will happen in this game is ridiculous. Vegas would clean up if there was betting on when things drop in this game. 1SG always said keep your expectations low and you will never be disappointed. It shall return and that's all I know...

There s no cash in that.

It's very doubtful they will change the requirements for the event. They'll make a new event instead.

There s no cash in that.

It's very doubtful they will change the requirements for the event. They'll make a new event instead.

Hope you re right. I ve grown a strong lack of trust since installing this game.

• I hope you guys are right on December.

The "super rare" thing is kind of gonna bite them in the *** unless the event's drastically changed.

Few will need to spend $$$ with how much time we've had to prepare.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I hope you guys are right on December.

The "super rare" thing is kind of gonna bite them in the *** unless the event's drastically changed.

Few will need to spend $$$ with how much time we've had to prepare.

And yet people will still complain that these events are catered towards whales and P2P
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • September-October - everyone works on rebels (by this time you should have five)
    November - everyone focuses on raids; gearing/unlocking jawas/jedi
    December - Rogue One releases, return of tournaments
    January - Mother Talzin event released, requires 5 separatists
    February - Ships release teased
    March - Assault battles return
    April - Emperors demise returns
    May - ships release
    June - boba fett gets a rework
    July - Grand admiral thrawn assault battle
    August - ESB Jedi Luke event released
  • Pjay wrote: »
    The event will return and I am looking forward to it. However it literally just ended and is described as extremely rare.

@Pjay just wanted to tell you that is the most badass crimson ghost picture I just wanted to tell you I stole it
  • September-October - everyone works on rebels (by this time you should have five)
    May - ships release

So.. no Teebo fix ?!? :smiley:
  • pargame wrote: »
    September-October - everyone works on rebels (by this time you should have five)
    May - ships release

Never lol
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    pargame wrote: »
    September-October - everyone works on rebels (by this time you should have five)
    May - ships release

Never lol

Nah, they'll probably stealth it...wait, isn't that his glitch now? Crud!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Extreme rare is EA Swgoh team's gimmick - how they make profits from short-noticed events like the EP, players truly believe will invest hundreds of dollars in a Rebel team if they don't have one. Personally, I merely spent 200 crystals farming Lando and got EP to 6*.

Don't be a dog and let them lead you into every scams they can make money. Don't make it too easy for them. Otherwise, you will end up spending thousands in a game like all other games that will become obsolete one day if not soon, depending on how greedy they are.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The longer they take to bring back the Emperor event, the more money they will make. Follow me here. Sure, ppl wont need to spend anything on rebels, but ppl inclined to spend already got him. But, the next time they announce an extremely rare event, ppl will spend so they dont have 2 wait 4ever 4 it 2 return.
  • Broda
    310 posts Member
    August
  • If they change it from rebels they should also take the emperors from those who earned it with rebels already. That seems fair....right?

Some of you guys are bitter lol....extremely rare is a marketing ploy. It's not gonna be once a year. No money in it. Plus they have weekly "events" so something being rare could be every month or two like yoda who was also gonna be very rare. What was the time between the first time? 2 months maybe? They will keep releasing whale toons and the emperor will be back soon. Trust me...im a professional.

There s no cash in that.
    So they would make it impossible for those of us who missed the event the 1st time round to participate the 2nd time round?
    That'd be quite crass.

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I fear that the ep event will no longer be for rebels.

There s no cash in that.
    So they would make it impossible for those of us who missed the event the 1st time round to participate the 2nd time round?
    That'd be quite crass.

That wouldn't make any sense the people trying now don't spend crystals so it would just come and go and nobody would have done anything.
  • The event mirrors Grand Master Yoda's Training to an... *extreme* ...
    • Tier Structure
    • Unlocks at 5 stars
    • Only defeat each tier once
    • Good credit/crystal rewards on top of shards
    • Identical reward for achievement - 5 Vader shards
    Given all of these similarities, I think it is reasonable to conclude that it will have the consistent squad requirements. They may tune the event for game changes (remember the Yoda buff first time after protection?) so it might be more difficult at level 85 than at 80.

If you want more to support this, look at how consistent the Assault events were for Ewoks and Empire. You had light side and dark side events that mirrored each other and stayed consistent across releases.

This is by no means proof, but there seems to be a consistent pattern involved here. The only thing to fret about is the original subject of the post - just when *will* it come back?
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    spackler81 wrote: »
    Pjay wrote: »
    The event will return and I am looking forward to it. However it literally just ended and is described as extremely rare.

@Pjay just wanted to tell you that is the most badass crimson ghost picture I just wanted to tell you I stole it

No dramas mate, I got lucky finding this on a
    t-shirt at a market in chile.
  • I'm surprised people are asking already. It hasn't even been that long yet
  • Aniema wrote: »
    Extremely rare should mean once a year.

This. At least.

• Lol. This post all about people jealously gaurding the marginal advantage that palp allows, and those that want the opportunity to have the same.

It will be released when EA figures it will have the biggest effect on long term profitability, ok?
  • i heard that they are delaying it farther out every time someone starts a new discussion about when it will return.

so at this rate, NEVER.

wish people would chill and use some of there own effort. there is a search function for a reason.

i want the emperor as much as anyone else who didn't get him the first time. probably more so. he is my absolute favorite star wars character. but having 10,000,000,000,000 discussions about when will it return isn't going to bring it back any sooner.

comments are smart in the fact that it's a rare event and that they would be better off bringing it back sooner or else everyone will have their 7* rebel team and not need to spend any money on the event. but still can we just use the search button and stop starting discussions where there is already a number of them going.

by the way, when will the event be returning??
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Hopefully never :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Hopefully not for another 2 weeks. I need to finish off my Rebels ^_^
  • I think they should bring him back for 1 day only on Halloween :)
  • i read where it's not coming back. they didn't make the money they thought they would on the event and too many people bitched about him being OP that they said forget it.
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    i read where it's not coming back. they didn't make the money they thought they would on the event and too many people bitched about him being OP that they said forget it.

Troll.
  • name13ss wrote: »
    holyjoe wrote: »
    i read where it's not coming back. they didn't make the money they thought they would on the event and too many people bitched about him being OP that they said forget it.

Troll.

+1