How to beat this?

Rex lead
EP
Fac
5s
RG

Any theories or guesses are welcome. This is sitting in top spot on my shard for awhile now. I know people are trying... even in their off hours people are taking a crack [opponent is already in a battle].

Replies

• Kinda depressing when the competition in my payout can hardly break top ten anymore..... but I can't beat the guys from earlier payouts just sitting there. This new EP arena sure is fun for everyone.... not.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I got droids. All of em but b2 and gg. I got nebit, too.

But for rex lead I usually use a combo of dooku, qgj, rg, St han, lando, 86, all maxed.

I got 5 star yoda gear 9 and 6 star EP gear 9. I got 7 star ackbar, leia, GS, Poggle, Phasma, 6 star Vader, all about 1 gear level shy of max.

A lot of other dudes on my server can't beat it either... I know we are trying...

Forget my toons. What would u use?

Post edited by LastJedi on
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There's a new EP team every other day... Maybe my brain finally melted trying to find creative ways to beat the latest EP plus 4 other toons meta.

This isn't the only one I can't beat, mind you. This is just the one that is currently blocking at least a few people.. I think this dude is in central time, and he's still there 6 hours later. Another droid dude that has PST to himself has B2, and he got stymmied, too.

• I fight and beat that team daily.

Old Ben lead, STH, QGJ, EP, Rey

STH speed at 213. Rey hits Rex first, STH taunts immediately afterwards, making Old Ben and EP reach 100% TM. Old Ben ability block/TM removal/offense down while EP mass stuns.

If Rex is stunned, wait until EP's turn rolls around again to give shock to RG, then freely kill the rest of the team. If Rex isn't stunned, keep hitting him and use QGJ to dispel taunt.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Drop AOE characters for single target damage dealers vs a Rex lead... Those aoe crits will yield the other team a big TM boost when you attack.

A taunting character is pretty much wasted space when they have sun fac. Just go pure offense and whittle them away one by one. No one on that team is doing tremendous damage so you can easily take them down with the right composition and some smart play.

Shouldn't be too tough honestly... especially if you have someone that can provide a tenacity buff for your team to nullify Palp

Edit: Looking at your characters I would run...

EP lead (for quicker turns, stun and abiltiy block... Got to shut down sun fac and RG to kill off the real threats) ,

Vader (Quick bust damage in his first turn under palp lead should allow you to kill someone on his first turn)

RG (even though I said a tank is wasted space he might save someone's butt and he is strong under palp... his stun is useful for sure)

Yoda (sped up as much as possible to put up his tenacity buff... That's his only real purpose on this team)

QGJ (offense up and taunt dispel if needed... Assists can yield good results with anyone above)

This team would falter on defense but it should allow you to take out the team in the OP provided you have comparable mods and are not severely out geared and skilled
  • Han Solo or a fast Yoda is a great counter, I've been beating all the palp teams recently