Looking for skywalkers true father, king daddy sir, truth or derek reyia anyone else on this server

Replies

• Options
    @sifu...you might want to consider putting more tenacity on B2. My RG hit him 3 times in a row with stun.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've got a decent Tenacity set that's on another toon but to be honest, I've had better results keeping B2's damage high. I really don't mind having a bad defensive team. The way I see it, there's no need for me to hold on to a good spot. It's not going to benefit me. I'm happy to be a punching bag for others to use for a good payout. Worst case, I get punched into the twenties. I can easily fight my way back the following day (and it gives me something to do).

I'm just proud to get as far as I have without succumbing to the meta chase. Number one is hard now but with R2 on the way, I'll be in a good position to use him (although I imagine Rebel players will too).
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    You are always a top 10 finisher so that's good. I'm sick of the wiggs meta but I still need to use them. I got the shore trooper but only at 3 stars. I heard he's not that good unless you got a 7 star one. I'm hoping tie fighter toon is good.
  • Options
    Loving all the droid teams. Gives me a chance to bust out my gear 10 ugnaught..lol
  • Options
    Thugnaught is a legend. The stuff of my droids' nightmares.
  • Options
    Relief! Zalandas as switched out his Rex lead for Palpy and I can hit him easily again. I'm surprised at the amount of droid teams that have crept in to the top 20. So far, none of them have a JE as fast as mine though so I'm laughing but they'll catch up soon. Happy to be able to upgrade my gear too: Grievous finally got a health steal... yay!
  • Options
    Hi shard mates. Didn't realised there was a post here. I am one of the droid user, ign Clarice. FYI my payout is at 1800 hours, gmt +7.
    Sadly not good enough to beat Sifu's GG. The only droid user who is always in the top 3.
  • Options
    Nice to meet you dude. Your droids are strong but it's not the GG in my squad that you need to worry about... it's the JE. I guarantee that if you make yours faster than mine (237), you'll rinse me.
  • Options
    What's up Claric?, nice to meet you. Sifu is one tough hombre. He's been running his droids for some time now. Good luck.
  • Options
    @Chatoman I'm looking to branch out. I need something to reliably get past Zalandas' Rex counter team. I've had good success with HK, 86, JE, Poggle and Sun Fac as a Dreonosian setup but everyone else trounces me so I need to switch back. I still struggle against the Wiggs meta but I'm getting there.

I'm impressed with the variety in squads you and the FTB guys can put out. One of the problems with going all-in on droids (specifically Grievous) is that I lack flexibility. I'm starting to pull in parts of my Raid teams but synergy is difficult.
  • Options
    The problem you have is that 88 and 86 are very squishy. I always use Rex and Ug against you with Lando STH and Anakin. Lando AoE takes care of those 2. I don't even need to target them. I hit JE first, then B2, HK last. It's rare that I lose anyone. When you have 2 Jawas, it's a little more harder. I think you either JS or Dathcha with JE.
  • Options
    And I can't beat my fellow guild mates either...lol
  • Options
    Hi Chatoman and Sifu,

I have seen you guys for a long time and noticed that Sifu has been using his droids like forever? I started out with QGJ team but switched to droids when I couldnt break top 50. Nowadays I hover around 5-20 at arena payout but never seem to get past the top few Wiggs teams.

Well there is a faster JE in our shard, i.e. Fryday with 239 base speed .. He has less success than Sifu so I figured GG could be key. I usually avoid droid users who are faster than me but then again with Wiggs team everywhere now, I end up targeting EP and Lando led teams first. Anyway I believe Wiggs/EP team can beat droids easily if key toons do not get ability blocked.
    Oh and yes, I avoid Rex teams at all cost so guess I wont be gunning for Chatoman anymore lol.
  • Options
    Lucky for you, I only use him against droids. You are still new to the top 20. Only around for a month or so. Every time I see you, I want some Chianti and fava beans..lol
  • Options
    Chatoman wrote: »
    Lucky for you, I only use him against droids. You are still new to the top 20. Only around for a month or so. Every time I see you, I want some Chianti and fava beans..lol

lol.. Yeah only made in consistently in 20 after I introduced B2. Not easy to progress further with all the wiggs team around. Seems droids are losing the battle apart from Sifu. Will be happy to end in TOP 10 during payout.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There's a school of thought that droid players should speed up 47 to go before 88, therefore giving 88 a big damage boost. What GG brings is two AoEs that can put debuffs on the enemy team for 88 to get his bonus. Once you get to a certain speed, it's random who will go first out of 88 and GG once JE does his thing. As a result, I've made both GG and 88 pretty darn fast.

But I have to target Lando first or he lays it all over me. Defensively, I have almost no chance against Wiggs Lando teams as they will immediately single out 88 and GG and the AI won't ever make my droids pour all their initial fire into Lando.

As for Fryday, I try to avoid him if possible as I prefer to see droid teams flourish but if I need to fight him, I ditch JE and 88 and replace them with 100 and 86, who are a lot tankier. Easy win, sadly.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Sifu. Strangely I always thoughts that I should target wedge first. Never thought it should be lando.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It's not a bad call to target Wedge first. By doing so you nullify your opponent's one shot kill guarantee. I personally prefer to remove Lando's devastating AoE that does five-figure damage across the board. It's down to personal preference but if you let Lando get a second AoE in, it's hard to recover...
    Post edited by SifuSteve on
  • Options
    Agreed. Lando's second wrecks everyone. IMO, if I was you, Lando first.
  • Options
    I think I've reached my peak. I've tried everything but I just can't get past the plethora of Wiggs teams any more since the level increase. I'll still try and hold on to a decent spot but I'm getting bored with facing the same teams time and again and simply not having the tools to deal with them. I've seen this game go through similar phases of 'the ultimate team' so I'm sure I'll be back at some point. But it's just too tough to try and fight the tide at the moment. I really like being the outsider that resisted falling in with the herd but there comes a time when you have to admit that tenacity can't overcome the status quo...

I'll see you all soon the next time the meta changes but rest assured, I'll still be taking the path less trodden.

[/whining because I can't win]
    (",)
  • Options
    Don't leave Sifu. The next meta is going to be empire. A Lot of the bigger guys in my guild are already moving towards it. With Shore trooper and tie pilot now in the game, it's going to change.

I'm sick of wiggs too, especially after tournament.
  • Options
    Yes don't leave the game. The meta changes from time to time. I was stuck in the 50-100 bracket for a long time until I figured droids is the way forward. With my weaker team, the chance to beat a wiggs team is probably only around 30% but that's fine since I know it will change sooner or later.
    I used to be rather casual but recently due to AAT, arena payout has become more important. Furthermore strong droids are pretty useful for AAT so they can at least be put to good use there.
  • Options
    Oh no guys. I'm not done with the game at all. Just taking a step back from the Arena, that's all. I'm just saying 'see you later' because it's unlikely you'll see me the top 20 much.

Besides, now I have some pilots to work on...
  • Options
    Ahh Sifu, you made your Attack on me 15 minutes too early.. My payout is on the hour get+7... Hopefully next time you can hold on for abit :)
  • Options
    Yo guys who will give me a allie code
  • Options
    688-427-469
  • Options
    Ahh Sifu, you made your Attack on me 15 minutes too early.. My payout is on the hour get+7... Hopefully next time you can hold on for abit :)

Dude, I'm so sorry. I'm just making attacks now whenever I can, rather than in the lead-up to payout. Most of the time I try and make them just after the hour so I don't screw anyone over. Obviously, I failed in this regard - I apologise.

To be honest, I no longer expect to win in the Arena. It always feels like good luck rather than good strategy that gets me a win.
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »

Dude, I'm so sorry. I'm just making attacks now whenever I can, rather than in the lead-up to payout. Most of the time I try and make them just after the hour so I don't screw anyone over. Obviously, I failed in this regard - I apologise.

To be honest, I no longer expect to win in the Arena. It always feels like good luck rather than good strategy that gets me a win.

No problem. Actually I just hoped others on our shard will do out attacks only in the last hour (or at least the last 2 hours) but it seems it is not happening. Not sure why this is the case because as far as I see from my other guild members, they seem to be cooperating with others in their shard to maximise payout.

Anyway look out for another droid user, i.e. Delvin Alante. He is going after all droids team now with his raid Han. lol. Not saying he is wrong but then again all goes back to the same point which is I feel our shard lacks cooperation...

I have dropped out of top 20 for the time being as I think what you have experienced is right. The level cap increase seems to benefit the current meta teams more than the droids.

• Options
    Looks like I wake up these days to see EP teams in top 5 positions and they Danielix and Wotz Basten seems to hold out well against wiggs team. Over in Asia time zone, O jeeesus boba led team has been at no. 1 during payout for almost a week now. Perhaps the meta is indeed shifting....

Any others in our arena here? Would hope to have better cooperation in our arena.

P.S. my guild is also looking for a recruit... trust most here have heroic AAT ready teams and I will be happy if someone from this arena join us.. we are currently rank 3 in guild leaderboard.
  • Options
    I've got to the point recently that I can beat most teams in the top 10 but wow... can they beat me better! I dropped from 2 to 33 overnight last week. I only get the odd ten minutes here or there so I find myself making attacks where I can, just to keep my head above the water. Furthermore, the recent change in daylight-saving time has put my payout right in to the run up to putting my little boy to bed.

On the meta shift, it seems that just as I hit level 85 and start smashing Wiggdo teams with my newly geared metalheads, the meta makes a shift. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with Empire or Boba teams yet (it's just Zalandas' Rex that stuffs me consistently).