Will we ever be able to mod the AI?

There are so many set ups which would be otherwise great if it weren't for the clumsy AI.

If we were able to determine which specials our toons would use on defense, it would be a game changer.

Examples have been listed many times on the forum already: Yoda's Battle Meditation, Ventress' Strike Fear, or Qui Gon trying to use Humbling blow on Foresight. The list goes on.

Personally, I would like to make it so Phasma uses Victory March first instead of Fusillade. It just makes more sense to me.

I'm sure that it would take an insane overhaul of coding for the characters so I guess I'm just hoping against hope.

Some may disagree, but I love how mods have given us more control over our squads and how they function. I think being able to determine what moves are used would just be an extension of that.

I just felt like I needed to get that off my chest... thanks for reading!

Replies

• Ea often improves the AI.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    People hate losing on offence. I think you're underestimating the downside of not being able to win on offence as often that comes with better AI for defence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nightwolve wrote: »
    Ea often improves the AI.

They do not improve it, they buff it with extra defense, dodge rate, deflection rate... That's not improving.
  • If the AI played optimally, gw may become impossible for many
    As far as arena is concerned, your suggestion may work, although a really smart AI would be far better than having to predecide what it will always do
  • leef wrote: »
    People hate losing on offence. I think you're underestimating the downside of not being able to win on offence as often that comes with better AI for defence.
    Very wise words:)

• Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    -