Tank Takedown Raid possibilities...?

So I know that we're all ready for the new raid to drop. Perhaps it has been posted elsewhere, but all the info I've really been able to find on the Tank Raid is that Jawas and Jedis will be valuable. Also, we've all had access to the trailer for some time now. Here are some questions for discussion:

1) It seems from the trailer it says that you can "battle with your friends." As it says this, rather than 5 toons appearing on the holotable, 15 toons appear (perhaps representing 3 people's squads). Do you think this means that you'll be able to go into battle simultaneously with other players in a live action co-op attempt?

2) Do we know more about the enemies? It seems at one point there are 5 "simple" droids, 1 larger, more complex droid, General Grievous, the AAT Tank, and an airship. Any ideas of other enemies that have been noted/seen?

3) Do you think there will be significant "waves" off droids? I.E. they keep "re-spawning" every 5 turns or so in a similar fashion to the Gammorean Guards...

4) Do you think there will be any chance for Han shards as raid rewards?

5) Who do you think will be the "Teebo" of this raid? (aka the unexpected hero)

Feel free to discuss any and all of the above questions. I'm just excited for the new raid and looking to dialogue about it some.

Replies

• Doubt Han will be reward, Co-op will likely function like the ally system, I vote Ugnaught to be the surprise useful character, or possibly Ima Gun Di. Jawas don't count as surprise since being set up as meta for some reason.
  • I'm thinking IGD led Jedi will be great unless TM is still effective.

Han will 100% not be the reward, otherwise what's the point? It will have to be a new toon.

Also I heard there will no longer be gear as a reward. I don't know if that means no raid gear, which is fine because many people have 100s of each salvage now, or if it means no purple gear at all. If it's the latter, I'm going to be in quite the flaming-bag-of-poo-on-your-doorstep kind of mood. It would be great if the new raid would just drop cuff and stun gun salvage all the time that would be awesome.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Remember the trailer for the rancor raid? There was this animation as well showing more than one squat on the holodeck. So i think it is just a symbol for do it with your friends.

There had been some infos from the abilitys of the enemey. One of it said, call six B1 droids. If this info is valid, we have some kind of waves, but it it more or less the same as with the pigs in P1.

I guess Anakin will be one of the heroes because of an powerfull aoe, but the main heroe turning everything upside down - no clue at the moment
  • As with the current raid, I think there will be a fairly decent "pool" of useful characters. I'm not so sure that TMR will be king any more as it is with the Rancor; I strongly suspect crowd control and / or AoE will be of huge importance here. The purported / data-mined buffs for Jedi and Jawas may or may not make them the best choices - don't know yet - I'm still holding back on spending vast amounts of credits and crystals on farming and promoting.
  • I think jedi luke will be the toon reward for this raid. He is long overdue.
  • AOE Jedi and Jawas seem to be good bets for the raid.
  • I'm going to guess general kenobi as the toon reward, he relates more so to the raid content than jedi luke.
  • If the new raid drops shards for a new character, how would one continue farming Han shards (if at all)?

My guild just started T7 raids a few weeks ago - I'm still a ways off from getting Han unlocked.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    My guess is the new "Teebo" of this raid will be the aurodium toon they will release with or shortly after the raid launches... who like rex will remain behind a pay wall (or a long crystal farm from shipments) for a while....
  • If the new raid drops shards for a new character, how would one continue farming Han shards (if at all)?

My guild just started T7 raids a few weeks ago - I'm still a ways off from getting Han unlocked.

Would be nice if they had an option which makes you choose between old han shards or new "x" shards. Hope it's general kenobi as well. He should have anti droid and sith abilities imo. Would be interesting in current meta and lorewise.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I've heard the reward will be R2-D2.... I've seen screenshots. He's gonna be in the game
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    My bet is R2D2 shards from the new raid and Jedi Luke appearing alongside Grievous in the shard shop.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    If the new raid drops shards for a new character, how would one continue farming Han shards (if at all)?

Would be nice if they had an option which makes you choose between old han shards or new "x" shards. Hope it's general kenobi as well. He should have anti droid and sith abilities imo. Would be interesting in current meta and lorewise.

I agree; this is kind of what my question was getting at. The reason being: if someone is, say, 89/100 for Han shards when the new raid drops, I find it hard to fathom that the guild would want to do any more Rancor battles...it's going to be the new raid for months to come. I would hate for this to promote people leaving their guild in order to join a guild that agrees to do Rancor raid so that they can finish out their Han. Just speculating possibilities...
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    As with the current raid, I think there will be a fairly decent "pool" of useful characters. I'm not so sure that TMR will be king any more as it is with the Rancor; I strongly suspect crowd control and / or AoE will be of huge importance here. The purported / data-mined buffs for Jedi and Jawas may or may not make them the best choices - don't know yet - I'm still holding back on spending vast amounts of credits and crystals on farming and promoting.

very well said. I definitely concur that AOE will be much more of a game changer than TMR in this raid. It will be interesting to see if certain phases are AOE friendly versus others that are designed for TMR like against an AAT or aircraft as shown in the trailer.
  • I think the new teebo will be ugnaught. I just like the idea that an unsuspecting toon can be the key rather that the big boys of star wars lore.

I think r2 will be an event. Probably jawas because I don't have them. The jawa have to "take apart r2 to get the salvage (shards) needed to rebuild him. Or something along those lines.