..."meta toons"...

So was lando buffed? No he was always this good. Just no one used him. The same went with tanks. Poe (who was nerfed) then RG, now STH...I know AI was tuned to fight tanks but there are a lot of toons and untill they are maxed and tried, a lot of toons could be "meta". I'm just bugged by the this is who u need that the team u need to win arena... who are some under rated toon that need drought to light?

Replies

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    There is no meta. The meta is getting lucky and finding secondary speed mods. So palp can get 232 speed. And yes I fight that daily. And yes it takes all the fun and strategy and challenge out of the game
  • Options
    So was lando buffed? No he was always this good. Just no one used him. The same went with tanks. Poe (who was nerfed) then RG, now STH...I know AI was tuned to fight tanks but there are a lot of toons and untill they are maxed and tried, a lot of toons could be "meta". I'm just bugged by the this is who u need that the team u need to win arena... who are some under rated toon that need drought to light?

Not entirely true to say Lando was always this good - his problem was AI on defense would always use his single attack when there was a taunt in play. Now he finally will use his AoE if available (and crit damage mods made his AoE deadly) which suddenly did make him viable.
    942-122-371
  • Options
    Meta is about defense, not offense. Which toons will help you drop less overnight are the meta. Which means good AI and kits for those toons. Can mods help them to be better? Those are and always will be the meta, toons with good defense AI and great speed and power.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    -
  • Options
    The meta has expanded quite a bit. There aren't easy answers, and no team is "THE" team that can't be beat. Some servers are so diverse now that placing top10 requires changing your setup between fights to specifically attack a target where its weaknesses lie. Gone are the days of Dooku/Old Ben single-concept 'meta'.

It's a good thing. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    The meta has expanded quite a bit. There aren't easy answers, and no team is "THE" team that can't be beat. Some servers are so diverse now that placing top10 requires changing your setup between fights to specifically attack a target where its weaknesses lie. Gone are the days of Dooku/Old Ben single-concept 'meta'.

It's a good thing. :)

Agreed..the game is the most diverse is ever been. Sure there are still perceived 'meta' Yana but the line has blurred tremendously.
  • Options
    That is mostly what I am saying there are no meta toons