Crystals versus packs

So, you've decided to spend some money. Now comes the tough choices. Do you spend your cash on Chromium packs? Do you refresh hard battles for shards and gear? Do you refill energy?

Personally I refill energy until until costs go to 100 crystals.

Replies

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am like a gambler. I'll hold on to about 3k crystals for a few days running everything till it's 400 recharge cost. Replinish everyday with arenas 500 crystals + The 100 a day subscription. When Im feeling lucky Ill spend all the crystals I have on chrono cards. I've bought two 8 packs in a row before and got one four star. Frustrating. Shining light was that it was Lando lol. I was never a fan of Dooku at end game and Barriss while exremely useful wouldnt do much good for the pvp squad Ive put together so I passed on the card packs. I would buy Old Ben for whatever they wanted in a heartbeat tho lol. Old Ben is a game changer and one day those cards will cough him up. If not Im already to 40 shards with him so either way Ben is mine.
  • Man, you are super lucky. Hit 4* and 4 times Ben's shards in 16 packs! In my experience, you could open many packs without even getting his shards once. So be prepared for that. Good luck though, you seems to be luckier than me.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is the dilemma for most players. You need energy to play this game all day. I am currently not playing and am waiting until around 8PM to have sufficient energy to play again and this annoys me to have a game I can't play when I want to. I can see why you'd want to refresh Hard battles but energy will be even more important since you'll need the also difficult to find training bots to level your characters. I'd say just buy energy and play Hard mode characters until they lock out and then build others. I certainly would not buy Chromium packs, too much risk of loss....
  • Eventually, players who are character farming will make the switch to making upgrades. Once you have a vast quantity of characters, you can start experimenting with different team setups. Then we will see an evening out between heavily paying versus non paying players.

One thing I like about this game is that everyone should be able to get near the top. I've played many other games where only huge spenders can rank up. I walked away from all these games. No one wants to get suckered.
This discussion has been closed.