Speed Adjustment Ideas

What if speed was always the same depending on your role/class? These numbers are just made up to explain the concept:
Tanks 100 speed
Support 110 speed
Attacker 130 speed

Then maybe add diminishing returns to speed, so that stacking it higher had a reduced effectiveness.

I think this would open up the pool of viable characters. Also maybe adding a cap to the amount of speed attainable. For instance, tanks could only max out at +70 speed.

Mods could be adjusted to make the choice of adding speed at a cost to other stats. An 18 speed secondary might only have 2 total stats on it, like 18 speed and 4 defense. Then you wouldn't have attackers with the highest speed mods then having damage stacked equally as high, it would be a trade off.

Just so it is clear, I have enough speed mods. I pay money for this game. I am not complaining about speed except that it prevents me from using characters that I actually like and enjoy playing.

I want to see an across the board solution so characters like Darth Maul become viable, because I paid for him, similarly I want to see other characters that I love and paid for or invested time in to become viable and not useless because of one poorly designed stat.

Replies

• Options
    Agree needs to find a way to equal it out some
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not to kick a dead horse.... but they did try to make all toons viable, it was called mods pre nerf.... most toons became playable and things did even out. If everyone had the rosters they have right now and they introduced the old mods we would see team combos you can't even imagine.

But it changed the game too much and devalued hard work and time spent so it was changed.

Mods are fine now, most ppl with plenty of speed mods and super fast whoever have payed to get them or worked hard and got lucky.... if you support the game financially then you deserve to have an advantage.

The best way they can fix this is to increase drop rate back to 100%...then more ppl will have a chance to get speed and it will even itself out.

But please don't change the game again just to suit speed.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not to kick a dead horse.... but they did try to make all toons viable, it was called mods pre nerf.... most toons became playable and things did even out. If everyone had the rosters they have right now and they introduced the old mods we would see team combos you can't even imagine.

But it changed the game too much and devalued hard work and time spent so it was changed.

Mods are fine now, most ppl with plenty of speed mods and super fast whoever have payed to get them or worked hard and got lucky.... if you support the game financially then you deserve to have an advantage.

The best way they can fix this is to increase drop rate back to 100%...then more ppl will have a chance to get speed and it will even itself out.

I'm one of those players that paid to have the advantage with mods. I have an advantage and I'm in the top 5 of my server. That's not the point, it is that there is 60+ characters that can't be used.

Mods are mostly fine, speed is not.
  • Options
    Revenant wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm one of those players that paid to have the advantage with mods. I have an advantage and I'm in the top 5 of my server. That's not the point, it is that there is 60+ characters that can't be used.

Mods are mostly fine, speed is not.

Those characters just need balance adjustments. Something I don't think EA understands very well.