A simple if statement...

...to be added to the AI's algorithm: don't stealth when you're the only character left alive! Oh, and no need to stealth when a taunt is active. Also: don't all taunt at the same time!

Ok, so that's three statements.
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Replies

• Options
    @Scourge194 yes. IF - THEN operons would be excellent.
  • Options
    DrNocard wrote: »
    @Scourge194 yes. IF - THEN operons would be excellent.

In genetics, an operon is a functioning unit of genomic DNA containing a cluster of genes under the control of a single promoter.

Thank you! I have learned a new word
  • Options
    But what if that character is Teebo?
  • Options
    I disagree about your insinuating that stealth is useless if a taunt is active. For 2 reasons:

1) Taunt might wear off before characters next chance to stealth

2) Opponents can't counter a stealth attack
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I disagree about your insinuating that stealth is useless if a taunt is active. For 2 reasons:

Insinuate: suggest or hint (something bad) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

While I agree with your observations, I must wonder about your choice of word
  • Options
    I think you can insinuate a positive... like he insinuated that he won the lottery with a smile...
  • Options
    I know this was intended to make a point about AI bugs, however ... as a programmer, this gave me a fantastic idea!

Imagine if we could set our own AI rules, personal to our arena teams, based on IF/THEN statements. We could "teach" our squad to fight the way we want them to!

I know it will never happen, but I can dream...
  • Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »

Insinuate: suggest or hint (something bad) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

While I agree with your observations, I must wonder about your choice of word

I in no way meant it as an insult. Just seemed like the most appropriate word for that sentence. I don't really think of it with the definition you provided.
  • Options
    The last time they tried to add a simple if statement to stealth they broke it more than it is already.
  • Options
    Devs have asked repeatedly, nicely, to avoid using "simple line of code" fix requests. It may seem simple to you, but there may be more going on behind the scenes you're unaware of.

Additionally, while speed battling with AI is nice, it probably isn't their main focus. There are other things we need first.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Devs have asked repeatedly, nicely, to avoid using "simple line of code" fix requests. It may seem simple to you, but there may be more going on behind the scenes you're unaware of.

Additionally, while speed battling with AI is nice, it probably isn't their main focus. There are other things we need first.

it's not a matter of auto speed battling with the AI, it's a matter of the AI being more logical and precise on defense. Top-5 arena is about what happens on defense and less regarding offense. Unfortunately after a recent comment from EA about Rex, I'm not sure they understand that yet.