Introducing "Rolling Thunder"

Benr3600
1098 posts Member
edited September 2016
I suppose it matters how much speed you can muster, but since I can't keep up with the 200+ EPs on my shard I had to improvise, using Lando lead to give 15 speed to Han.

STHan - loaded with speed mods, mine is maxed at 200, so with Lando lead he goes first with 215 speed. Taunt to give everyone 30% TM

Emperor - give him your second highest speed, to stun the enemy team, most importantly, that one heavily speed modded PITA such as 200 speed EP, or QGJ

Phasma - give her just under EP speed, to ensure your whole team goes first, and the most important part - your aoe crushers will hit 5 crits

Lando - had to be leader in my case in order to get Han to go before insane speed EPs and enemy Hans.

Anakin - lead from the rear, his aoe will crush your enemies and see them driven before you. His perfect smite will then give your whole team offense up on its next turn :o

Result of my first try:

Screenshot_2016-09-14-09-14-17_zpsnmoinwdj.png

Lando ended up doing 16k and 22k on this, killing them off 2-4 fold.

I suppose Phasma and EP could be interchanged for second turn, but it is up to you.
Post edited by Benr3600 on

Replies

• Very nice bro! Love the idea.. In my case i Would have to get phasma, and lando past gear8. (Gave last 2 furnaces to STH and Anakin) but already have EP, and Anakin at gear 10, STH at g9.

Will have to get some 5* mods with speed though too... I have like 4, 1-3* arrow mods with speed primary, and none of my other mods have more than +4-6 on secondaries. So i guess im still behind speed wise.
  • Thanks. Yeah you gotta hit the mod store and mod challenges. Coming across even a 3● gold mod with speed secondary in the store is an instant buy, I found one last week good for 11 speed. Also found a 3● health mod with speed primary good for 21 speed maxed. It sucks but developers seem content to make this game simply a rat race for speed mods, as ridiculous as it is.
  • Also this setup is not that strong on defense, because phasma leads with fusillade usually, and is not unbeatable on offense, if an enemy EP sneaks through your EP's stun, it can ruin your day.
  • Screenshot_2016-09-14-14-42-32_zpsjye6fwly.png

This is vs a 200 speed EP. My 160 speed EP went before his with Han taunt, so if you can get Han to 215 total speed and EP up to 160, the extra TM from han taunt will get your EP turn before theirs.
  • I run this same squad but Sun Fac in place of Phasma and it's fantastic on defense. I rarely if ever fall out of the top 5
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • And Then u get vs Rex or droid Team with b2 :#

Good luck
  • run the same squad w han solo for 5th
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I gave up on the ST Han race and since I don't run rebels, Lando wasn't gonna help any.

Rex (L)
    CS
    Echo
    Ani
    Poe 246 speed...lowering their tm is like boosting mine. Sticks w/ potency mods
  • Yeah it's a pretty solid team.. I wound up ditching Phamsa in that aoe team for other options but regardless it's not a bad setup..

That second turn TM boost and guaranteed crit from Phasma can make for a fast and easy win

qm81m8Q.jpg

• interesting setup

might just try a similar one but replace EP with IG88
  • First attempt

1EbE1li.png

Only flaw is when STHan gives his turn meter, it doesn't follow pre speed stats, but all good.

Was facing a Palp lead team with Lando, Ani, Phasma and sthan

will make second attempt in 5 mins

• 2nd attempt against an Empire squad lead by EP with vader, tarkin, rh and sthan

easy breezy

was looking to switch up my squad out of boredom, thanks for this idea!

y3ccrJ9.png
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    First attempt

1EbE1li.png

Only flaw is when STHan gives his turn meter, it doesn't follow pre speed stats, but all good.

I like EP over Phasma with 88. The combination of stun and ability block will render most of the enemy team useless for a turn.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    First attempt

1EbE1li.png

I like EP over Phasma with 88. The combination of stun and ability block will render most of the enemy team useless for a turn.

Working on other toons (Danger Zone squad) so I put my EP on the back burner

But I see what you're saying
  • Thanks for sharing, good to get new ideas.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    currently in 2nd with the squad

let's see how it holds up (doubt it will tho, i'm in a very active shard)
  • I'd say your biggest defense issue is Raid Han hitting STHan. I have a 5* raid Han that does that to your squad makeup and JE/Droid squads... but for attack your setup is great and I also go AE heavy these days just because they blow most stuff away without thinking. Wiggs and JE/Droid need more thought.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Very nice! Congrats, this is a solid team!
  • Im holding rank 27 well with EP lead, anakin, qgj, sth, rg(6*).. Got palp at 155 speed, sth at 162 speed, anakin at 174, qgj at 168.

Also gonna replace RG with B2 when i get him ready, and thought of switching to ani or qgj lead.
  • dun dun dun dun dun, another 200 spd EP bites the dust
    Screenshot_2016-09-15-15-04-10_zpsjuof8jbu.png
  • dun dun dun dun dun, another 200 spd EP bites the dust
    Screenshot_2016-09-15-15-14-52_zpsarqctzkz.png

This time he managed to get off a perfect 5/5 stun, of little consequence, obviously.
  • Im holding rank 27 well with EP lead, anakin, qgj, sth, rg(6*).. Got palp at 155 speed, sth at 162 speed, anakin at 174, qgj at 168.

Also gonna replace RG with B2 when i get him ready, and thought of switching to ani or qgj lead.

A key to high end arena atm is to give all your best speed mods to one or two heroes that have a really powerful control or TM ability, preferably one that actually uses it on defense (sadly phasma uses slow and Yoda doesn't use BM on defense to start). You want the huge advantage from the broken abilities some have, and the rest can follow behind. Speed doesn't matter that much after their whole team is stunned, or Han or Phasma feed your whole team's turn meter.
  • In fact with Rolling Thunder you want Phasma to go before anakin and lando, for obvious reasons
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    In fact with Rolling Thunder you want Phasma to go before anakin and lando, for obvious reasons

the thing is tho, after the taunt+tm gain of sthan, toons do not go in order of pre-tm gain speed

Every battle I have fought, almost a different toon went next each time. Which is fine.

If phasma, i give tm/advantage right away and then throw down my 3 aoe's

if not, i adjust. I'll aoe with lando no matter what tho. With 5 toons alive, hard not to get enough crits to reset ability.

I could see how having EP instead of my current 88 could be MASSIVE with the stuns, BUT, 88 actually does a good job on this squad as I put potency on him so he can drop down some debuffs.

Still, loving the new squad. Fun to use.

• True, I think it does follow speed loosely, but today I had my JKA go after han lol. Was like
    giphy%201_zpsasyd8ezg.gif
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    don't they all go after your sthan tho?
    lol
  • don't they all go after your sthan tho?
    lol

Yep, but hell if I know who is next after that lol