Best Mods for B2?

I'm looking to add B2 into my droid team soon, very excited. He's kind of a new type for the team though, and I'm trying to figure out how to mod him. Speed seems very unnecessary for him, obviously. Do I make the attempt to give his hits a little more oomph with offense boosting primary/secondaries and crit damage mod sets? Or, his is base damage so low that any mods will be utterly inconsequential? My understanding is that his potency will reach insanely high without mods, and I doubt that his health/protection pool is going to be lacking at all. He's kind of a weird toon in all those regards.

Replies

• Tenacity is actually pretty good for him although you have to really go all out to make it worth it. Stopping stuns/ability blocks/shocked lets him do his job.
  • I did health, potency, protection and crit chance. For the group and primary types.
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Tenacity is actually pretty good for him although you have to really go all out to make it worth it. Stopping stuns/ability blocks/shocked lets him do his job.

That's a good point. I rarely even think of tenacity mods, since they require such a whole-hearted commitment to make them effectI've, but maybe B2 is exactly the type of toon that can benefit from that.
  • Tenacity is silly on b2. You get so many free turns any stuns/ability blocks are gone in just a few moments as most are 1 turn duration
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Groove wrote: »
    Tenacity is silly on b2. You get so many free turns any stuns/ability blocks are gone in just a few moments as most are 1 turn duration
    Agreed, but if if i dont try to kill b2 first, i keep him stunned

Im gonna go offense on mine i think, paired with anakin and palp, hard to decide who to kill first.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I just went and made a quick vid to demo my B2 loadout. If you pause while I'm going over the mods you'll see the sets are Crit Damage and Health but I've got a Crit Damage primary, Potency primary and Crit Chance secondaries in there as well. This enables him to remain a sturdy tank but still dish out serious damage (regular 3-5K crits). In isolation, it doesn't look like much but he goes so often that may well have fired 3-4 times in the time it takes his target to fire once.

This same rapid TM gain is the reason I would advise against Tenacity. Whatever effect he gets lumped with is over very quickly as long as the enemy hits others in the team. It would only be of use in the end game where he might get focused down more.
    https://youtu.be/UWp1jI8n0p8
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the problem with B2 now is that Palpatine is everywhere, and 1 shock completely decommissions B2. Furthermore, no amount of tenacity will really do anything for him since a non-lead Palpatine with potency cross will be at 71% potency.

edit: think a potency cross is the only necessity. It might be cool to stack +offense secondaries on crit sets to get him to deal some actual damage.
  • RedXVIISpence
    249 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I plan on running Anakin, Rey, STH, B2, and Palp.. Just not sure who would be the best lead.. If i ever max lando he would replace palp, and maybe be leader to give him and STH speed.

I would just kill Palp first, tho, doesnt take too much to kill his aZz..But they would have to get through STH's taunt. If its aoe team, b2 will get a ton of tm.and dispel any buffs to limit damage...but if someone goes after my B2 first(when i get him) then my Anakin will punish them, along with giving time for Rey and Palp(or lando) to run over them...
  • Zooey wrote: »
    edit: think a potency cross is the only necessity. It might be cool to stack +offense secondaries on crit sets to get him to deal some actual damage.
    That's exactly what I did, with a health set to keep him grinding.

I disagree with Palp's shock being trouble for him though. In fact -any- debuff is only a minor nuisance because he recovers from them so quickly as long as there's others in his team taking hits.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »

I disagree with Palp's shock being trouble for him though. In fact -any- debuff is only a minor nuisance because he recovers from them so quickly as long as there's others in his team taking hits.

Palpatine shock stops his TM gain though. And since he's so slow, he's not going to take the 3 turns necessary to clear the debuff before the fight's over.

Palpatine shock stops his TM gain though. And since he's so slow, he's not going to take the 3 turns necessary to clear the debuff before the fight's over.

You know, I wasn't convinced that was the case so I've just gone and tested it and I deliberately left Palp alive so he could shock B2. He didn't... even once. I'm sure what you say is true, but I guess it happens so rarely that I've never encountered it.

Fair one! That would be a nightmare and I'll look out for it now. At least anyone reading this can take heart in the knowledge that of the 30-odd battles I've had against Palps, he's never once decided to hit B2 with it. (",)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member

You know, I wasn't convinced that was the case so I've just gone and tested it and I deliberately left Palp alive so he could shock B2. He didn't... even once. I'm sure what you say is true, but I guess it happens so rarely that I've never encountered it.

Fair one! That would be a nightmare and I'll look out for it now. At least anyone reading this can take heart in the knowledge that of the 30-odd battles I've had against Palps, he's never once decided to hit B2 with it. (",)

I guess I'm mainly just talking about defense, where the opposing player's always just going to shock B2. I found B2 droid teams extremely difficult to beat with my previous setup but now, it's a breeze with Palpatine.

I just shocked him easily while facing a droid team of hk47, ig86, ig88, ig100, and B2.. All gear 10.. Beat their ****.. Didnt drop below 75% health.. Only because they werent modded with speed.. But b2 was modded for offense..I have 96% potency on palp before his lead ability.. I
  • He needs accuracy and health, maybe offense
  • Just came across this in the bugs forum:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/67841/bug-b2-gains-tm-while-shocked#latest
    This might be why I haven't noticed Palpy decommissioning B2...
  • SifuSteve wrote: »
    Just came across this in the bugs forum:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/67841/bug-b2-gains-tm-while-shocked#latest
    This might be why I haven't noticed Palpy decommissioning B2...

The TM gain from his aoe & HK lead might work (never noticed) but his unique definitely doesn't work while shocked.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I think the problem with B2 now is that Palpatine is everywhere, and 1 shock completely decommissions B2. Furthermore, no amount of tenacity will really do anything for him since a non-lead Palpatine with potency cross will be at 71% potency.

B2's base tenacity is 39%, you can easily get that to 100+ from 3 tenacity sets
    {RotE}